Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
Martin Clunes has also hosted a series about dogs; he's quite fond of them.
That's the trick to meeting him if you're ever in Port Isaac while they're filming. Take your dog. Any time Martin Clunes sees a dog, he has to come over to say hello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 07:33 AM

2,106 posts, read 980,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That's the trick to meeting him if you're ever in Port Isaac while they're filming. Take your dog. Any time Martin Clunes sees a dog, he has to come over to say hello.
I heard in the latest series the dog is aloud to sleep in a basket in the kitchen

Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,967 times
I just found this show a few weeks ago and I’ve really been enjoying it. I’ve been binging it and am already on series 6. The only thing I dislike is the steady change of side characters, they don’t seem to last more then a couple seasons. They got rid of 2 of my favorite characters without even a goodbye. I like the current set of characters and hope they stick around.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:09 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,783,073 times
For those of us who have been patiently waiting for the next new season of Doc Martin on PBS, there's hope! The PBS channel in my area will begin airing the new season in January. Apparently there were some contract issues to resolve but now all is well. So check with your local PBS provider and see what's what. I'm in the Sacramento area and my PBS channel is KVIE. Can't wait!

Old 08-02-2018, 03:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
For those of us who have been patiently waiting for the next new season of Doc Martin on PBS, there's hope! The PBS channel in my area will begin airing the new season in January. Apparently there were some contract issues to resolve but now all is well. So check with your local PBS provider and see what's what. I'm in the Sacramento area and my PBS channel is KVIE. Can't wait!
Do you mean Series 8? It's actually been out on DVD for a long time. Your local library might have it if they have a decent DVD collection.

Series 9 hasn't even aired in the UK yet.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Yes. Series 8. Some of us watch it on PBS. I don't think Series 9 has been filmed yet. They take a year off between shooting Series (seasons) so that Port Isaac can return to normal life for awhile. I'd thought about getting the DVDs but there is a very long waitlist.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:24 PM

9,538 posts, read 16,530,025 times
I've been watching the show for a few years now. The PBS channel here seemed to play the same ones over and over. Now. I'm seeing episodes I haven't seen before. So this must be the latest season now.

Its really a great show. A great group of Actors. I love the Cornwall scenery on Doc Martin, and Poldark.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:44 PM

It is a wonderful show. This is Season 8 that they're showing now after being on reruns for months. They only shoot every other year so that the residents of "Port Wenn",which is really Port Isaac, can have a life. That leaves us stuck in rerun mode in the interim. I've noticed that I recognize some of the Poldark scenery on Doc Martin and vice versa. I always finish watching an episode craving more which I can't say for much of what's on television.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:23 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,530,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
It is a wonderful show. This is Season 8 that they're showing now after being on reruns for months. They only shoot every other year so that the residents of "Port Wenn",which is really Port Isaac, can have a life. That leaves us stuck in rerun mode in the interim. I've noticed that I recognize some of the Poldark scenery on Doc Martin and vice versa. I always finish watching an episode craving more which I can't say for much of what's on television.
I'm the same way. If the show is on I'm watching it, even all the reruns. I'm thrilled new episodes are on now.

I have to admit there is very little American TV I enjoy now. It wasn't always that way, but now I have no use for the poor quality. The British TV Programs are of such high quality. That I can't get enough.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 AM

2,106 posts, read 980,404 times
Martin Clunes and his wife own Doc Martin series, both are the producers , I like his new series , sort of a documentary traveling American islands , he's also known as one of the kindest people in that industry , I just love anything he's in .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV