Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 PM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times

Advertisements

I recall other scenes - like some climbing Ladders, etc.... This was way back when..

Maybe they didn't want it to be like some of the Zombie Flix - you know like Dawn of the Dead. Where the Zombies would walk the Mall, grad tools, even climb stuff - because that's what they were familiar with, etc...

Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,427,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
So I did the math just for fun (and out of curiosity) and if the zombie apocalypse wiped out 95% of the world's population, the remaining 5% would need to kill 27 walkers/day to rid the world of zombies within two years (54/day to be done with them within one year).... or they could just wait for the zombies to (eventually) starve to death and/or wait for parasites, flesh eating bacteria, etc to do the work for them. It's narcotic flesh. God knows what's living and growing inside them.
I have thought about this numerous times.
And what I would do in regards to this situation happening.

But your numbers are wrong I think.

6,000,000,000 (6 billion) before

Based on your figures, 95% are "wiped out". I assume you mean they become zombies.

5,700,000,000 zombies
300,000,000 humans
If all 300,000,000 humans killed one zombie a day, given all them are able to, and none of them turn. It would take 19 days to kill them all. (300,000,000 x 19)

If only 1 of 5 of them (60,000,000) were able to kill zombies once a day, it would take 95 days to kill them all.

Give or take depending on the global population growth rate of 1.14% and also depending on how many turn during this time period. The main problem is as we seen in certain episodes, people are unwilling to kill at first. Such as the black dad trying to shoot his wife.
Also people have to become good at killing.

Of course it will keep spreading until they find a cure so that has to be factored in too.
Ugh

Anyone know what is the current zombie murder rate? LOL

Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Almost every show is inconsistent and that is one of my biggest gripe with them and movies. I guess it is hard to keep things consistent especially when running a long term series such as this but it is so much better when things are consistent.

I forget which show was featured on The Writer's Room but the creator said "I came up with a set of rules for the characters and stories that could not be violated and we stuck to it." Like I said, I can't remember the show but remember that his statement did ring true because I had seen almost every episode of the series.
And that's exactly what they are supposed to do. That's what writers are taught to do. Unfortunately, once certain screenwriters get a measurable amount of success, they forget that, get cocky, and do whatever they want. So far TWD writers have gotten away with it because they have committed actors, a ready-built fanbase through the comics, and every once in a while they have a well-written episode.

I believe this episode was one that Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus said kept them up all night while it was being filmed... but we shall see.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,069,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I have thought about this numerous times.
And what I would do in regards to this situation happening.

But your numbers are wrong I think.

6,000,000,000 (6 billion) before

Based on your figures, 95% are "wiped out". I assume you mean they become zombies.

5,700,000,000 zombies
300,000,000 humans
If all 300,000,000 humans killed one zombie a day, given all them are able to, and none of them turn. It would take 19 days to kill them all. (300,000,000 x 19)

If only 1 of 5 of them (60,000,000) were able to kill zombies once a day, it would take 95 days to kill them all.

Give or take depending on the global population growth rate of 1.14% and also depending on how many turn during this time period. The main problem is as we seen in certain episodes, people are unwilling to kill at first. Such as the black dad trying to shoot his wife.
Also people have to become good at killing.

Of course it will keep spreading until they find a cure so that has to be factored in too.
Ugh

Anyone know what is the current zombie murder rate? LOL
Whoops! I knew it was a little late in the evening to be doing math! Thanks for the correction!

Old 03-16-2014, 11:02 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,135,939 times
Somebody is going to get it tonight! Who do you think?

Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
That's twice now that Daryl's impending demise has been alluded to - this time he willingly laid down in the coffin. That couldn't be a more obvious hint.

I think the degenerates who find Daryl and bring him into their group are the same degenerates Rick was fighting in the house.

I, too, keep thinking of Tyrese and Sasha as a couple instead of brother-sister. It's a logical mistake. They look and act more like a couple than siblings.

There's something 'off' about Bob and it's not just his alcoholism that's making him a questionable character. I think his alcoholism and unreliability may have caused him to be expelled from the other two groups he had been a part of. That's why we see him looking so despondent and forlorn in the opening sequence where he's wandering around on his own before Glenn and Daryl discover him. Some of the people Bob knew from these groups may be at Terminus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom
Glenn and Maggie bore me to death, hope one of them gets chomped!
They are my least favorite characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee
I thought Bob's motivation to catch up to Maggie (and not stay with Sasha) was weak.
Agreed. And Sasha's reasoning for not going to Terminus made no sense whatsoever. The alternative would be to remain alone out in the open with the walkers, never knowing if her brother and the others were alive or dead. Kind of a no-brainer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker
How did so many walkers end up THERE, when they obviously haven't been there since the first human turned? NOW they know to knock on doors? They've evolved? They walk around and will impale themselves, but they know to go to a door?
I'm having problems with zombie continuity, too. The creators said zombies can't grasp things, like a doorknob, but there have been plenty of zombies grasping at people's legs and holding onto them (such as the ones that attacked Carl), as well as their gripping the fence that surrounded the prison.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
So does hungry dogs, coyotes, bears and wolves not attack Zombies ?
I'd open the doors at the Zoo to have a few other predators lend a hand.

Or would it be like catching Rabies ?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:43 PM

363 posts, read 817,950 times
Oh my GOD!!!!

Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,486,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
Oh my GOD!!!!
Ditto!

Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM

363 posts, read 817,950 times
Crazy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV