Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,469,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post

I thought both video concepts were retarded, actually. I couldn't decide which was stupider or less entertaining. The good part is that Monsta lost; the bad part is that Monsta stuck around. Trump was right--the women are mostly afraid of her.

What would be fun is to lock NaDonkey from Survivor Nicaragua in a room with Monsta and tell them that whoever's left standing gets an unspecified prize, then watch them have at it. NaDonkey would be calling Monsta an Al-Qaida terrorist, and Monsta would start prosecuting NaDonkey for impersonating a civilized person. I think Monsta has the reach on her, but NaDonkey is scrappy. Could be very entertaining, especially when NaDonkey starts spitting and pulling hair.
OMG, rep points to you for this one. HILARIOUS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 12:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,034,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
yep and he is one annoying dude. I think his being un-employed has more to do with HIM than the economy.
They give contenders on reality shows psychological tests for many reasons - one of which is to find an 'entertaining' mix of individuals. There are frequently red herrings thrown in that nobody expects to win, but are there for amusement purposes. People love to laugh at the afflicted, it seems. I think Dave has real problems, but not enough to come back and try to shoot up the place so they added him to the mix.
Top Chef, Pastry version, had another such character. Sad, really. You'd think they would be provided (at the least) some sort of psychological counseling when they are booted off.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Ivanka has never seemed cold to me. She seems smart and logical. She calls people on their faults usually.

I'm glad that Alex found a job. I thought that was awesome!

I like the hour format because there was too much unneeded drama on the two hour Celebrity Apprentice shows. This shows me the task, the group dynamics, and the arguments made in the board room that lead up to the final decision.
You know, I think you're right. I was basing my opinion on a first impression when she just started. I like her, now, except for the overblown boobs. That grey suit that she had on in the beginning of the current episode was just gorgeous. I wish she would stick to that sort of wardrobe rather than some of the dresses, but that's just my own preference.
Yeah, she seems much more relaxed lately. Maybe I'm just a tad jealous, too.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Anyone else think That David - is a crappy actor? Look at his body language when he speaks...

James - actually sucked at Project Manager. When you're whole team doesn't respect you, nor likes you - it's a wake up call.
Business people are usually accustomed to team play. I don't think most lawyers have training in it. Business schools try to develop leadership skills while many other disciplines do not.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:52 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I hope David and Mahsa get fired very soon.
I was kind of holding out until less people were there and they end up being stuck on the same team.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,562,415 times
First of all the woman's team video was simply a commercial - nothing more. The only one who realized that was sent packing. Oh well.

I too hope David and Mahsa are around long enough to be placed on the same team. Can anyone imagine how that will go?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,065,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I was kind of holding out until less people were there and they end up being stuck on the same team.
Yeah, that would be hilarious if David and Mahsa end up on the same team! I think those two might literally strangle each other...lol

Old 10-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree as well, I hate the celebrity version! The current format with regular people competing for a job is far more interesting to me. I watched all the original seasons and enjoyed them all. When they go back to the celebrity version, I'll stop watching The Apprentice again.
This is just a thought, but maybe the Donald does not have enough high paying job opening in his businesses to allow for many consecutive non-celeb Apprentices.

I would also like a followup on each of the Apprentice 'winners' who got jobs at Trump's org. - are they still there, what they did while there, why they quit, what they are doing now, and do they feel it has been a great help in their lives or just a waste.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I agree. Any physical attractiveness she has is immediately ruined when she opens her mouth. I can't even imagine a man wanting to be with a woman who is so mean spirited.

An empowered bi*ch is still a bi*ch.
I was wondering why she mentioned her job so much.

I speculate that they planned to let her go before she signed up with Trump, OR she may have been turned down for a promotion or pay raise and this was her way of teaching them. With all the publicity perhaps she thought they would not fire her because it would make THEM look bad.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,852,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
This is just a thought, but maybe the Donald does not have enough high paying job opening in his businesses to allow for many consecutive non-celeb Apprentices.

I would also like a followup on each of the Apprentice 'winners' who got jobs at Trump's org. - are they still there, what they did while there, why they quit, what they are doing now, and do they feel it has been a great help in their lives or just a waste.
here are a couple links that give a bit of information:
The Apprentice – Where are they now? | So You Think You Can Dance

'Apprentice' Winners: Where Are They Now? | Extra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV