Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:07 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,232,382 times

Advertisements

The Apprentice - NBC Site

Looks like a great season with lots of fun celebrities:
Sharon Osborne
Sinbad
Daryle Strawberry
Bret Michaels
Selita Ebanks
Rod Blagojevich (shouldn't he be in jail or something??)
and some other folks I'm not familiar with.

Does everyone have plans to watch this year? I love this show!
Any early guesses on who might win and who will be a big flop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Cindy Lauper is also on the show. I will watch some of it because I like her and Sharon Osbourne. But I liked it better when they had real contestants competing for a real job with Trump. They gave advice as to how to do a good interview, dress etc. I was looking for a job at the time the show first aired with these contestants and I actually found some of the advice useful.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,922,834 times
Sorry Glory, but they lost me on the celebrity seasons of the show. I'll watch the shows with the normal contestants, but the celeb shows are too over the top.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,803,735 times
I like the Celebrity versions. Took some getting used to but like em now.
Lookin forward to the show Sunday nite

Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,468,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Sorry Glory, but they lost me on the celebrity seasons of the show. I'll watch the shows with the normal contestants, but the celeb shows are too over the top.
There seems to be this Trump ability to perfectly fit the Fox pattern, which is to say, no matter how trashy the concept already is, to make it trashier and gaudier, to insult the intelligence and taste a little more blatantly, to keep pushing it until it really sucks. For example, the way the actors on this show sort of naturally fall into the roles the producers script for them; they know how the game is played and it shows. None of them needs anything from Donald Trump--unlike the hopeful nobodies, who might actually have to strive and strain at a business task because it could make their futures. This may just be the season where I'm done with Trump's show concept.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM

750 posts, read 2,277,417 times
I am done with the show also. It's more scripted than the other Apprentice shows and Trump basically just sits and picks his favorite person (like when he kicked off Khloe K. for having a DUI months before she was on the show, not because of her performance or keeping around Dennis Rodman after he missed some of the challenges and left mulitiple times in the middle of others). Also they really need to change the name of the show, I don't see any "Celebrities" on the list, more like has beens, want to be's and crooks. The only good thing about the show is Ivanka, for some reason I have a thing for her lol.

Last edited by JasonPaul; 03-14-2010 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 04:30 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,121,201 times
I'm looking forward to this season. I love Cyndi Lauper and it will be interesting to see if Brett Michaels has a talent for anything besides trying to get a houseful of women to fall in love with him. Sinbad is actually very intelligent and it will be good to see him on TV again.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,475,331 times
This is actually pretty funny. I have laughed out loud several times. The governer guy is funny, as is Sinbad and Cyndi Lauper. Sharon Osborne, I like, but she seems to be a bit tightly wound.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,296,302 times
I liked last season, particularly the Dennis Rodman dramaticals and Annie Oakley versus Joan Rivers and her troll daughter.

Not sure if I will check out this season - I'm not a big fan of any of the "celebrities" besides Cyndi Lauper.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,803,735 times
ha ha ha..............loved the show tonight.
Sinbad is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks to be a good season. I agree with the decision about who got the boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV