Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,514 times

Advertisements

I actually felt really bad for the governor. Political issues aside, it just seemed like he couldn't pull through a victorious effort on his part throughout his time on the show. He also seemed like a very nice person.

I agree with whoever said that Michael is too serious. He needs to lighten up. They're in this for the win, but why not have fun while making money for their charities and getting to know other celebrities?

The more I watch Bret, the more I like him. I absolutely refused to watch his Rock of Love show and I don't know anything about his music, but he's a very strong player at this point and seems like an all around good guy.

I want to see the "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" side of Holly. She really isn't showing us how bubbly and lively she can be.

I also want to see more of Sharon. We're not seeing the same woman who threw a glass of liquid on Megan from Charm School or is very outspoken and cusses like a sailor!

I. want. more. personality!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
I liked the fact that Blagojevich didn't drag Brett into the boardroom. At least I will respect him for that. Ultimately, Blago deserved to be fired for this task.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Totally agree that Michael isn't a very nice person. At first, I was impressed with his intelligence. However, I was disappointed that he didn't take any input while he was the leader. Every reason his team lost was due to something Bret advised him to do otherwise, but Michael was hard headed and insisted his way was the only way. I can't stand how he continues to present himself as judgemental and superior. He's totally not fun. Bret is the most natural leader in the men's group.

I find it interesting that both teams seem to dismiss the diverse talents singers possess. Seriously, Cindy and Brett didn't get where they are simply because they can sing. They have more experience with branding and marketing than anyone else (aside from Sharon because her husband is a singer). The men who are super stars simply from athletic talent didn't get where they are based on any other skill than their athletic abilities. Sure, they had to be team players, but they didn't have to use a diverse set of skills to become famous like musicians/singers have. Cindy might be annoying, but she's no idiot. Brett and Cindy have set and designed stages, made and directed music videos, designed album covers.

Blago was an interesting character on the show. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy. I also think he showed a lot of character for refusing to take Brett into the board room.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 AM

891 posts, read 2,451,534 times
I think Michael Johnson is a star on this show.

As far as the governor is concerned, I expected to be impressed by him because of this show, when actually I am less impressed by him because of this show. He has no skills except he is good at saying Hi how are you in a sincere manner. Sure he seems like a nice guy, but there is nothing behind that

Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,620,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I liked the fact that Blagojevich didn't drag Brett into the boardroom. At least I will respect him for that. Ultimately, Blago deserved to be fired for this task.
You bet he would have dragged him into the boardroom if Brett had "dissed" the gov and told it like it was honestly like Michael and Cheif did.
Brett played his cards right and kissed the politicians rump which is apprently the way to get things done in Government.

And for all who think he is "such a nice guy", sorry,thats far far far away from the truth. Ask those who have kept up with his antics, back room dealings and tapped conversations while Govenor. I agree with the other poster that "Hi, how are you" does not a nice guy make. He had that line down like a parrot.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 AM

36,427 posts, read 16,038,061 times
All Blago did was talk himself right into being fired, just like a politician. Talk about spinning!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,120,219 times
I respect the Governor for not bringing Brett into the boardroom. Brett did everything right and had they listened to him last week, they would not have lost. I want Michael Johnson gone. I just don't like him, he's a robot.

I just wished the Governor had pointed out that when he got back, Brett and Goldberg were busting their butts trying to get the set right and Curtis and Michael were sitting on their butts. It would have also been helpful if he had driven home the point that the communications guy (Curtis) should have done the research on Harry Potter.

Kudos to Sharon for sticking up for Cyndi. Those women are getting on my nerves constantly dissing her.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:46 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,473,607 times
Cyndi is my fav on the women's team.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Cyndi is my fav on the women's team.
She is by far the only one I would want or trust as a personal friend.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 PM

66 posts, read 318,614 times
What did everyone think of last nights show? I cant believe Michael Johnson up and left like that, he gave no indication that anything was going on at home. I am glad the guys won, the commercials was great. I think Brett is getting better as the weeks go by and he is proving to be a lot smarter than i gave him credit for in the begining. I like Holly but she needs to let go a little and not be such a diva. As far as Solita going home I think it was the right choice, she didn't have the same fire as the others do. Go Curtis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV