Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 AM

23,906 posts, read 33,696,660 times

Advertisements

Bret Michaels' Music Video: Raine - his little girl is in it.

Bret Update 4/27/10 8:05pm link - Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels condition a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures.

~Snip- Bret Michaels was the topic of Larry King Live as Donald Trump, Jr. and other celebrities weigh in on Michaels condition. Due to the severity of his condition, Bret Michaels continues to remain hospitalized in an intensive care unit at an undisclosed hospital. He remains in critical but stable condition according to his doctors. Last night on Larry King Live Bret Michaels condition was the topic on the show as Donald Trump, Jr., Darryl Strawberry, Sanjay Gupta and Carlos Diaz discuss concerns, lasting affects as well Michaels as a person.....

....Dr. Sanjay Gupta is CNN's chief medical correspondent says a subarachnoid hemorrhage is an aneurysm in one of the blood vessels. He stated about 10 percent of people don't survive. He obviously survived that. About another quarter of people don't make it through the first couple of days in the hospital and 30 percent make a full recovery....

...Michaels' medical workup demonstrated findings of a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a type of stroke that causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. It presents itself suddenly as the sound of a loud gunshot or thunderclap at the back of the head causing severe cranial pain and muscle spasms. Many people are speculating Michaels head injury suffered from a prop striking the singer at the Tony awards last June is the cause. Additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture....

....The most common cause of this condition is a spontaneous rupture of a cerebral aneurysm, however, 15 to 20 percent of spontaneous episodes of this hemorrhage are found to have no cause. Michaels has undergone a continuous series of tests while in the ICU including angiograms, CT scans, MRI’s and transcranial dopplers (TCD's). Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal. With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,225,191 times
The bad sign about Bret's outcome is he was complaining of headache for a few days prior to going to the hospital.

The chance of a full recovery depends on getting to the hospital immediately.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:22 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,134,131 times
Poor guy. It's like his body (and a beautiful body it is) is screaming "Slow down!". But I can understand how a celebrity lifestyle can be addicting, esp the attention. That's what disturbs me about young people getting so much fame so fast.

If it doesn't last, a lot of them don't know what to do with themselves and spend a lifetime chasing what was.

I wish Brett a speedy recovery.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,315,484 times
Thanks for the great update Roselvr!
It will really feel odd watching the show this week.
I hope no one said anything negative on the show about him.....how awkward will that be?

Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 AM

Last night, one of Bret's sites released a tour date statement; looks like it was deleted today.
They said he would continue the tour May 25th IIRC. I almost commented; but was reading on my phone

Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 AM

BTW, watched apprentice last night. I must have fallen asleep in the 1st 30 minutes because that was all I remembered seeing.

Bret is playing really well. It amazes me how adaptable he is to all of the tasks. Shame he didn't raise money; but he wasn't asked to. This is probably smart on Sharon's part because the last project is usually a money task IIRC. Probable that Holly blew her load & won't be able to raise more. I was surprised we didn't see Ozzy.

I look at Cindy & think she should have been with Bret & Sharon.

It was a good show; nice they had a message to Bret at the end.

I'm not liking Holly

Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Last night, one of Bret's sites released a tour date statement; looks like it was deleted today.
They said he would continue the tour May 25th IIRC. I almost commented; but was reading on my phone
I found a copy of the tour update - Manager: Bret Michaels' tour could resume in late May

It was on his facebook page but looks like it was removed.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,225,191 times
That's insane. There is just NO WAY he will be well enough to tour in a month. NO WAY.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,518,156 times
Bret won't even be out of the hospital until sometime in May. He won't be ready, nor should he even be thinking about it.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM

Bret Michaels Medical Update 4/29/10 Yesterday at 5:54pm

We thank you for your continued support and well wishes.

Bret remains in critical condition in ICU under 24 hour supervision by doctors and medical staff. If a patient survives the initial rupture, the first 7 to 10 days after are the most critical as an additional rupture or other complications may arise.

Doctors are also continuing to treat Bret for the hyponatremia and today he will be undergoing more testing as well as an additional MRA.

There will be a press conference on Tuesday at which doctors who have been treating Bret will further explain his condition, treatment and prognosis.

Location and time of the press conference will be released Friday.

==============================================

VH1 PLANS SPECIAL AIRING OF "BEHIND THE MUSIC: BRET MICHAELS" FEATURING FAN SENTIMENTS TONIGHT APRIL 29!

From Vh1.com:

In the five days since Bret Michaels was admitted to the hospital after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage, over 400 of you have left well-wishes for Bret in the comments section of our blog. As a way to show our collective support for Bret as he valiantly fights to recover, VH1 will be airing a selection of reader comments during our special re-airing of his Behind The Music this Thursday, April 29 at 11 p.m./10c.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV