Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,661,191 times

Advertisements

Just in the spirit of dark humor, they could do a cartoon where viewers could donate and specify which character(s) they most want to be kept alive! Sorry, but that's just my sense of humor, couldn't help it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,364,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Just in the spirit of dark humor, they could do a cartoon where viewers could donate and specify which character(s) they most want to be kept alive! Sorry, but that's just my sense of humor, couldn't help it.

Yes, that would be great. I haven't seen the season ending yet, will watch it tonight. Then again after reading everything here I think I already know everything. I hope next season will be more interesting.

Hope springs eternal!!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,314,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Or maybe which character is not allowed to quit? From what they said they tried every lure they had to get the actor who plays Matthew to stay but he didn't change his mind. We need an alternat DA thread, what would have happened if....

Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 AM

13,416 posts, read 28,801,406 times
I've heard sooooooooooooo much about this show that I did Netflex it. Just finished episode 3 of season 1 and I'm hooked
have many episodes to watch to get to end of season 3 but I'll get there

Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,384,846 times
I'm going through Downton Abbey withdrawls...ohhhhhh so long to wait for next season

Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM

475 posts, read 649,741 times
Could the people who are so enamored with U/D series make their own thread and talk about how much better that show is than DA THERE!? I am sure that you do enjoy that series, but this thread is for "Fans of DA" and not U/D, thank you

My wife and I love this show even with the flaws that I agree it has (time continuity and accuracy of staff working conditions). We were both quite upset with lady Sybil and Matthews deaths. However they chose to leave the show and I agree with how they were written out. Having to wait an entire year is rather a bother but it is what it is. Maybe in S4 we will get to the Great Depression and see how old the Dowager becomes (120 ).

Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,593,533 times
A teeny bit off topic, but you'll see why...

I didn't see the movie Lincoln, but I've seen clips of it, just recently while watching the Academy Awards show.

Every time they show Tommy Lee Jones' character with that whacky hairdo, all I can think of is he would go great with O'Brien! Both had those "ringlet bangs."

Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,364,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
A teeny bit off topic, but you'll see why...

I didn't see the movie Lincoln, but I've seen clips of it, just recently while watching the Academy Awards show.

Every time they show Tommy Lee Jones' character with that whacky hairdo, all I can think of is he would go great with O'Brien! Both had those "ringlet bangs."

ringlet bangs...OMG too funny!! thanks for the imagery!

Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,314,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Could the people who are so enamored with U/D series make their own thread and talk about how much better that show is than DA THERE!? I am sure that you do enjoy that series, but this thread is for "Fans of DA" and not U/D, thank you

My wife and I love this show even with the flaws that I agree it has (time continuity and accuracy of staff working conditions). We were both quite upset with lady Sybil and Matthews deaths. However they chose to leave the show and I agree with how they were written out. Having to wait an entire year is rather a bother but it is what it is. Maybe in S4 we will get to the Great Depression and see how old the Dowager becomes (120 ).
Well, I like both very much. Julian Fellows grew up upstairs and I'm sure it shows in his writing. Jean Marsh is the daughter of a maid, and that showed. Both have merit and both are OF the time they are produced. Today the thing is short rapid fire scenes. Back then you see numerous long scenes. Of course when Rachael Gurney wanted to 'termperarily quit' so she could do some other part she ended up going down on the Titanic.

Is it okay if I say I loved and love U/D and I love DA and to fill in the time before new DA episodes, I have all seven seasons of the origional to tide me over. I even watch the commentaries.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM

26,665 posts, read 28,809,328 times
A little hint of things to come:

"Downton Abbey is apparently set to have its first black character as part of a storyline about race relations.
Producers of the ITV period drama are looking for an actor to play 1920s musician Jack Ross in series four, the Sun reported.
According to the newspaper, casting notes were sent out earlier this month describing Jack as "Male, 25-30. A musician (singer) at an exclusive club in the 20s. He's black and very handsome. A real man (not a boy) with charm and charisma."
The notes add that the "very attractive" character will have "a certain wow factor".
Other new characters are said to include Lord Anthony Gillingham, a new love interest for recently widowed Lady Mary Crawley, and party-loving Sir John Bullock."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV