Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

What a personality Violet's maid is Denten, Dentor....what trouble she gets into!
How could you have a butler that verbalizes so many opinions as Spratt!
And how can you not know how to put chicken parts into water with
some salt and a couple spices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Well...now he is an indebted to his Christian daughter-in-law hypocrite!

Hurray for Rose (along with Mary and Lord Grantham) and their quick thinking, good manners, and social panache in handling this faux pas (orchestrated by that sneaky butler)!

Wasn't it Thomas that orchestrated that so the butler would get blamed

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
What a great episode. I was actually cheering for Barrow to black Mark that butler but pretty angry about summoning the mistress and her son.

Violet, what class and dignity! I sure bet the Prince was hoping the princess was not found or dead! What a horror.

Speaking of horrors, Mary sure is one to Edith. I keep forgetting that Edith wrote to the Indian embassy about Parouk. I guess Mary has reason to hate Edith but it sure is painful to watch. I like Mr. Talbot. Loved his exit.

I do believe Edith has found her new soul mate. Was so nice to see a smile on her face for a change.

Carson and Mrs Hughes, beautiful and so well done.

How can there be another and final season when that episode would have been a great way to end the series? How could a series that has only 9 episodes possibly create more scandal, intrigue or whatever and wrap the whole thing up for good?? That is going to be some trick! I would have been very pleased to part company with last night's episode.

Having said that, yes, it is going to be a very long 10 months. Then it will be such a hard time saying goodbye forever.

6,957 posts, read 12,067,332 times
So the old butler guy had too much to drink and shared some secrets with Barrows, who took it upon himself to send a telegram and invite the mistress and little boy to the party, right? This was because of what happened at the dinner table where Barrows got called a "stupid idiot" or something like it? Things happened so rapidly that I need to rewind and review to get it all straight !

Old 03-02-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So the old butler guy had too much to drink and shared some secrets with Barrows, who took it upon himself to send a telegram and invite the mistress and little boy to the party, right? This was because of what happened at the dinner table where Barrows got called a "stupid idiot" or something like it? Things happened so rapidly that I need to rewind and review to get it all straight !
Yes.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
"You old Booby!"

Hurrah for Molesley and Baxter!

Seemed weird that the staff covered furniture and closed up rooms, when the family was only going to be gone for a week.

Barrow hasn't done anything bad against Downton people for a while. He's making points.

Violet had lots of good snipes last night. I still say that's where Mary gets it from

Just too many things to type. Glad I can watch it 2 more times, LOL

Old 03-02-2015, 01:28 PM

888 posts, read 454,675 times
I don't want to see Branson leave. It's possible that when Season 6 starts time will have advanced by a year. Tom and Sibbie can return from a year in America with Tom's new love. He can return married or bring her to meet the family.

Rose and Atticus can return for a visit or two to appear in key scenes.

Of course this all depends on their contracts.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
I loved it when Tom, Mary and Edith were in the nursery and remembering Sybil. Edith took Mary's hand and Mary was so stunned but held on to Edith's hand. That was an epiphany for Mary. I believe that is the first time that she realized Edith was her only surviving sister and rethought her attacks on her. "Let bygones be bygones......"

When Bates showed up at the Christmas party I started crying. That scene really hit me. Of course, perhaps some of that reaction was due to the fact that the bad times for Anna and Bates are over at last. Knock on wood.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:49 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
I do believe that it did say that it was Christmas 1924 and that got me to thinking that in another twenty years the second world war will have started . I think maybe season 6 might open with the beginning of ww2 . who knows ? would be interesting to see what they will do for season 6 .

Old 03-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I do believe that it did say that it was Christmas 1924 and that got me to thinking that in another twenty years the second world war will have started . I think maybe season 6 might open with the beginning of ww2 . who knows ? would be interesting to see what they will do for season 6 .
I think WWII started way before 1944 in England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV