Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:45 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Moderator cut: see comment I so love this show and want to hear what others think. Last night was so good, the couple with the baking stuff were great, the guy with the tech vest was such a jerk it was funny. Who else is watching?

BTW I also so want to be one of those entrepreneurs!! But no idea where to start. I have ideas but that's about it.
Dearest moderator:

"Bumping not allowed"??? So what exactly is the correct term for reviving an old thread? Reviving? And just out of curiosity, what exactly is 'bumping' and why is it 'not allowed'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Dearest moderator:

"Bumping not allowed"??? So what exactly is the correct term for reviving an old thread? Reviving? And just out of curiosity, what exactly is 'bumping' and why is it 'not allowed'?
This'll probably get cut, which is cool but...
1. it's a violation of TOS to discuss specific mod action on the forum - you should just DM a mod if you have a question about how s/he moderated a post of yours.
2. 'bumping' threads is against the TOS but posting to an old thread is not against the TOS. If you have something of value to add to a dormant thread, just do so - no need to say you're contributing to an old thread or that you're 'bumping' it. That term has other implications that don't apply to how you posted to this old thread.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Also who would you least want to work with? For me it's that tool Kevin. Way too pompous and only cares about money. I mean, they all care about money obviously, but he is way over the top.
I think I'd want to work withRobert Herjavec - just looked him up to see what his name is and was surprised to learn he isn't even 50 - he seems older to me! Either way, though, I usually like his style and responses. He seems pretty fair and even-toned with a decent sense of humor and humility.

ETA: Just noticed Hulu shows Shark Tank - think I'll catch up on some that I missed

Last edited by toosie; 03-03-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Love the show ! And I thought that the Tech Clothing guy made a nice addition to last night's episode . Having worked in high tech in SV and knowing about the escapades of Steve Jobs (), that guy wasn't that big of a blowhard compared to some of the folks I've met. I'll bet the show just got him more exposure and some additional investors. I think it adds to the show to have a variety of personalities on there ! Good and bad !

Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,874,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I love this show!! There are so many products on here that I would totally buy!!
I'm with ya! And I love the show 'cos there are so many products I want to invent One day, maybe I'll make it on there

Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
I watch it pretty regularly, missed most of it this past Friday, but did see thnegociations with the snarky tech guy. Maybe he just went on to get some easy publicity or because he just wanted to mess with the sharks heads.

I was happy to see the guy from last season who didn't get a deal for his, uniquely, scented, candles use what he learned from the show and seem to have attained some success marketing his products based on that knowledge. It's nice when they show the follow-ups.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Love the show ! And I thought that the Tech Clothing guy made a nice addition to last night's episode . Having worked in high tech in SV and knowing about the escapades of Steve Jobs (), that guy wasn't that big of a blowhard compared to some of the folks I've met. I'll bet the show just got him more exposure and some additional investors. I think it adds to the show to have a variety of personalities on there ! Good and bad !

More investors? I wondered why his rich "buddy" couldn't loan him the money for a bigger cut. I think the whole reason why was for publicity and he was never going to agree to a deal even if they gave him what he supposedly asked for. I did enjoy when he told the Sharks they were out.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
More investors? I wondered why his rich "buddy" couldn't loan him the money for a bigger cut. I think the whole reason why was for publicity and he was never going to agree to a deal even if they gave him what he supposedly asked for. I did enjoy when he told the Sharks they were out.
Yea that was funny. Did you see how riled up they got?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Quote:
Here's a good question for all of you who watch: which of the investors would you like to work with the most, if you had a product that is. For me it's either Mark Cuban (I always agree with what he says) or that QVC woman who's on there sometimes instead of Barbara.

Also who would you least want to work with? For me it's that tool Kevin. Way too pompous and only cares about money. I mean, they all care about money obviously, but he is way over the top.
I'd pick Kevin First ... He's snarky and speaks his mind... Just like me ~

Robert would be my second Pick

I don't care for Mark Cuban - I just don't like him for some reason. Maybe it's his crooked smile. He rubs me the wrong way...

Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
Quote:
Yea that was funny. Did you see how riled up they got?

HEHEHE, the little guy on the end was mad. I think more should do this because the Sharks can be a bit over zealous about what they say right before saying "and because of that, I'm out".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV