Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I got a charge out of that, too, toosie. Too funny! The looks on their faces when they ate the waffles was priceless.

The father and son who had the spray dietary supplements had an interesting idea. I can see that becoming a real danger, though, because it would be so easy to take too much of the stuff. With pills, at least you take one pill and put the bottle back on the shelf. But with the squirt bottle, I think it would be too tempting for a lot of people to squirt it several times instead of just once because it seems harmless, as though one squirt really isn't enough. It would be awfully easy to take way too much of the supplement that way. They were definitely onto something that's marketable, though. Did you noticd how many times the Sharks were squirting the energy spray into their mouths?

Do you know how many people have overdosed on vitamins in the last 30 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I didn't like the waffle either.

I didn't understand why the lady (QVC one) was always saying she would be worried about kids buying it. BAH!!!!!!!! As if that's the worst thing THEY can/do buy at a store.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I didn't understand why the lady (QVC one) was always saying she would be worried about kids buying it. BAH!!!!!!!! As if that's the worst thing THEY can/do buy at a store.
Aren't kids allowed to buy Red Bull, Monster energy drinks?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM

Yes. They're also allowed to buy soft drinks or candy. THEY CONTAIN LITTLE TO NO VITAMINS. Of course a kid should never be allowed to buy a energy drink or energy spray. If a kid needs energy then he needs to stop eating bad food.

The vitamin spray might actually be great. Most people don't get enough vitamins since they eat a majority of meat or cooked vegetables. If it tastes bad then it'll flop.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
New episode tonight

Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
I agree with Mark Cuban .... Barbara asked lame old questions that has nothing to do with the business.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
Had to chuckle (and hold my breath) when the gal from Eco-Nuts mentioned to one of the men (wish I could remember who) that if he helped them, he better work 16 hrs a day like they did - argh - not something you say to someone you need (what was she thinking - ?!) - he quickly and tactfully told her he works 24/7 (or something like that) and that he was out - in the end, they left emptyhanded (which seems to happen quite a bit but her comment didnt endear any of them to her although they took it in stride (after being told they had a very poor presentation etc). I liked the Lobster Cousins although missed some of it in the beginning.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Had to chuckle (and hold my breath) when the gal from Eco-Nuts mentioned to one of the men (wish I could remember who) that if he helped them, he better work 16 hrs a day like they did - argh - not something you say to someone you need (what was she thinking - ?!) - he quickly and tactfully told her he works 24/7 (or something like that) and that he was out - in the end, they left emptyhanded (which seems to happen quite a bit but her comment didnt endear any of them to her although they took it in stride (after being told they had a very poor presentation etc). I liked the Lobster Cousins although missed some of it in the beginning.
The comment was made to Robert. I also liked the lobster too...mmmm. I looked them up and saw they have the truck but also opened a restaurant in Pasadena.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
That was a good edition! Robert's definitely my favorite personally.

Those lobster cousins had my mouth watering - for lobster roll, not them (unlike Barbara who seemed a little smitten with the guys lol). $13 is the perfect price point also.

Did you catch the little update about Kisstix? It showed Mr Wonderful and Barbara smooching - ack! Obviously a set up but still...eek.

OMG Zach and his Freakers - "for your morning beer". So many good lines during that bit - like when Damon looked incredulous and said "YOU don't like festivals?" And then Robert said "No beeping way". Mark Cuban seemed seriously turned-off by the dude - he was sneering and rearing back - I think he was totally disgusted. Then at the end that clip of Zach getting his last beeps in..."beep, beep, beeeeeeee"

Pro-NRG - Robert tickled me with his "why does it taste so bad?" comment LOL. But I have to give this one to Mr Wonderful who insisted on pronouncing it "pro-nerj" instead of "pro-energy" as intended I did think that woman was horrible at selling to them and it made me question how she got her 3k distributors in the first place - probably paid them for shelf space! Mark summed it up and sold it far better than she did.

Eco-Nuts - excellent point that Mark or someone made about how their marketing sucks - it doesn't even mention what distinguishes them from the rest. The presentation was so bad all the way around - an odd mix of nervousness, confrontational attitude, and pulling numbers out of the air because you don't know your own business. Barbara cracked me up when she said "I'm out" and then "I'm only kidding" heehee - I thought the girl was gonna faint! Oh and how about when Barbara said "It only takes an hour to get married" and Mark Cuban just hung his head in his hand and muttered "Oh my lord" LOL

Old 10-20-2012, 07:44 AM

36,417 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post

Oh I know, I can't believe she said that!!

The beeper was horrible!! There were some great comments, Toos you hit on all of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV