Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,235,245 times

Advertisements

That dude was a snake ... he came in asking for a lowball $90k for 5% and was hoping the sharks would bid it up.
I'm glad the sharks lit into him.

I think Lori is banking on him selling or licensing it to a company like Glad or Rubbermaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,563,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
That dude was a snake ... he came in asking for a lowball $90k for 5% and was hoping the sharks would bid it up.
I'm glad the sharks lit into him.

I think Lori is banking on him selling or licensing it to a company like Glad or Rubbermaid.
I was getting so mad at that guy I was hoping everyone would back out, and yes, he was a snake.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:55 AM

44,739 posts, read 62,024,577 times
I think Lori will put the guy in his place. She is powerful and holds all the aces in this game. She realizes what a great potential his product is and that's why she wanted in. The others saw the potential too, but the dufus destroyed the relationships.
I wouldn't be surprised that Lori will try to buy out his patent. Big money talks, especially if the product goes well and the relationship sours. She has bought patents with other past products, that's how she owns over 90 patents today.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times
Agreed that Lori came back in at the lower offer because she knew she'd get her investment, plus some (or maybe a ton, depending) back. I have a feeling she won't be mentoring this guy like she does some others - this time it's just about getting a piece of a great product and the guy can sink or swim on his own.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:35 AM

30,579 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
Guys, how did it end tonight - did the guy take Lori's offer? My stupid DVR cut off early as usual (damn DISH!).

I can't believe how that MD fellow started out so well, then self-destructed. Wow. Lori must have really wanted in to continue to engage w/ him huh.

I really liked the 1st lady with the kids' product. She was sweet. I'm so glad Lori was kind to her and is going to help her out.
You can set the DVR to cut off after the show. Yes, with DISH. I had DISH network and before I learned how to do it, I missed the end of a few shows. I'm telling you, it CAN be done.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 AM

313 posts, read 403,025 times
I was actually hoping even Lori would run after that guy was so squirrely about his company's value. He doesn't seem like someone I would want to be partners with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can set the DVR to cut off after the show. Yes, with DISH. I had DISH network and before I learned how to do it, I missed the end of a few shows. I'm telling you, it CAN be done.
I recently switched to DISH and even though I've changed the default to stop recording 5 mins after show ends, and also checking each recording manually to do this, it still cuts off too early.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,514,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I don't like that they have changed the time that comes on. There is something else I usually watch at this new time.
I don't like the time change either, it caused me to miss the most important conclusion to the show I usually watch because I shifted over to ST during a commercial and got caught up in that guy playing head gameswith the sharks. I was suprised Lori actually did a deal with him after how he behaved. Boy was he annoying but watching that small portion of the show caused me to forget my other show was still on. I wanted to smack that young man and on top of that, I didn't even know what his product was. Still don't. LOL

Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,661,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I didn't even know what his product was. Still don't. LOL
It was a plate cover. It came in different sizes and could be used in the microwave, fridge, or counter top. It sort of suctioned onto the plate but looked like a clear and smaller version of the metal toppers for room service meals.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,514,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
It was a plate cover. It came in different sizes and could be used in the microwave, fridge, or counter top. It sort of suctioned onto the plate but looked like a clear and smaller version of the metal toppers for room service meals.
Alrighty, all that fuss for a plate cover, where plastic wrapt won't do. Cool.

Thanks for the info.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,735,070 times
I would buy that cover in a heartbeat. they were awesome. But really I don't think we've ever seen anyone so darn stupid on the show before. He talked himself right out of almost $1 Million. Dumb dumb dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV