Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,235,341 times

Advertisements

I thought the eyebug was tied specifically to its host and had to be implanted by Karen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,771,165 times
Maybe next week's episode will shed light on how Lourdes was implanted. I'm curious about her fate. Like Half she had no control over her actions, but at the same time she did a lot of damage and killed a lot of people so to some degree she has to pay.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,323,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I thought the eyebug was tied specifically to its host and had to be implanted by Karen?
I don't remember that being established, but they don't know when it and others were planted. It is possible it came from Hal. Or they could have others with them not yet 'activated' which is the true terror of the situation.

At this point they are still guessing about the details so if it was something guessed it may be wrong.

Did anyone else find when she made the comment about his wife and baby jarring? It felt wrong and I wondered if she'd slipped.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:49 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,058,022 times
The season will soon be coming to a close - 1 or 2 episodes are left and this thread shouldn't be buried until then.
Lourdes was discovered to have been the mole.
The doctor and her half-alien child are missing, and presumed dead.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The season will soon be coming to a close - 1 or 2 episodes are left and this thread shouldn't be buried until then.
Lourdes was discovered to have been the mole.
The doctor and her half-alien child are missing, and presumed dead.
I got the dvd's of season one and two, and am buying it off Amazon for season three, and with a complete season will be doing a marathon.

My guess is that the doctor and the child aren't dead, and saying that was a Karen inspired torture. Why preserve their dead bodies like that, in some statis chamber, over just freezing them if they really were dead?

And what if the baby with her special abilities needed to be slowed down so they didn't grow quite so fast? Karen might not have the right to kill her but keep her from interfering with their plans.

What I want to know is if they will just kill Lourdes because they now have a life or death mentality, or 'fix' her like the son. How much difference does being Tom's son make? How much difference that now Tom had dumped the lofty remnants and simply wants revenge and maybe a public execution would do the job to take back leadership.

And then we get the guessing game for season 4....

Be sure to watch Second Watch after the show.

Sure wish Amazon loaded it on Sunday....

Old 08-04-2013, 07:23 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,771,165 times
It's more a question of can Lourdes be saved or do the powers that be in Charleston even bother trying because of all the damage she's done? For that matter will the "cure" even work? It nearly killed Hal and he only had 1 bug in him. Lourdes looks like she has a whole bunch crawling around in her head. There might not be anything left of her to save. She could be just like Karen

Old 08-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
It's more a question of can Lourdes be saved or do the powers that be in Charleston even bother trying because of all the damage she's done? For that matter will the "cure" even work? It nearly killed Hal and he only had 1 bug in him. Lourdes looks like she has a whole bunch crawling around in her head. There might not be anything left of her to save. She could be just like Karen
Good point. I so wish I could see it tonight. An hour is reserved tomorrow already!

I somehow doubt there is any of Karen in her shell anymore, and likely not in Lourdes either. If they drive them out, would she just be an empty shell? I can imagine a new priority is going to be a test to find anyone with a bug in them. Perhaps some paranoia as well if anyone starts to act 'odd'. Sort of like revisiting when starfleet discovered that the changelings had infiltrated them so well you couldn't tell...

Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 AM

14,747 posts, read 14,737,404 times
Well, I found it to be an enjoyable ending. The Volm(?) didn't automatically enslave the human race, but they may be hiding something still. Karen (before Tom beautifully took the offense to her) intimated they may be worse than the fishheads, but that may have been a tactic as well. It should still be interesting next season.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,058,022 times
I agree that it was a good ending.
Anne and her SIX year old child were found - and the child has powers.
Lourdes was saved by the child.
The Volm may or may not be a problem.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,777,572 times
First off, kudos to the show for selling the whole Chicago/Boston change-up. I assumes Tom and company were on the train, and was surprised to see them step out on the deck of a boat.

As the humans were leaving the Boston camp, Cut-Cheese and Cut-Cheese Sr were talking about how no other species they had liberated had behaved like the humans. This was apparently not within earshot of the humans, so I don't think they were saying it to keep up appearances (although curiously they did say it in English not Volm). It seems to me that the Volm really do think of themselves as liberators. The writers are probably drawing a comparison to the US military interventions in places like WWII Germany and Japan, and more recently Iraq. Much like the US has been in Germany and Japan for decades now, the Volm will probably expect to be on Earth for a long time after they've vanquished the fishheads as it will serve a strategic role in their interstellar war.

With regards to Alexis, my guess is that Karen had some sort of evil intentions for her, but next season will deal with her struggle to overcome that and become an asset to her human family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV