Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,758,138 times

Advertisements

I dont watch this but I thought you fans would be interested to know...

Quote:
TNT has picked up a fourth season of Falling Skies.
The Sunday drama that stars Noah Wyle is averaging 5.8 million viewers and ranks as basic cable’s No. 1 scripted series with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 for the summer-to-date.
TNT will air the fourth 10-episode next summer. Falling Skies also stars Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Seychelle Gabriel, Mpho Koaho, Colin Cunningham and Sarah Carter.
TNT orders fourth season of 'Falling Skies' | Inside TV | EW.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,323,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah it was a good one. I like how pope and the prof are on a better understanding of each other but still at odds and not best buds.

I love Pope's comment of, "Next basket wins." Although I'm not quite sure of what to make of it. They've both saved each other's lives once so with the basketball analogy whoever does it next...wins? But to what end?

I just find the whole alien baby element uninteresting. Even the body snatcher element is cumbersome to me. Battlestar Galactica did the whole, they look like us hybrid thing so well I just don't want to see it again. These aliens just wouldn't be that insidious and subtle in my opinion. But oh well.
I liked the unstated understanding that grew between Pope and the prof too. Pope has mellowed considerably, but then part of his survival skills are blending enough not to be a target. I think he'd rather have his job than be president as well. He doesn't deal well with the messy human to human stuff.

The tree is absolutely inspired. You get a sense of the loss by how much is on it already. That its metalic and not natural but still this thing of beauty is wonderful.

I like the baby story because its very logical. There are two ways to conqure if your advanced enough. You can subjugate them all and keep watch for the one who isn't. Or you can blend something of yourself into them. It's not quite the same story as the cylons, for the story there is are they living beings or machines, and that they the end result of the manufacture of cyborg slaves. In this case they never question if the baby is living and a blend. Its why and how and who did it. Will they turn on the hybreds among them in long honored human tradition or move past it?

But I'll bet that before Tom woke up, before he had the chance to wonder why they did it, they took a dna sample to see what is there, and it could become a big problem for him. Even after they were gentle telling him about his wife and child, they were still being somehow 'careful'.

Excellent tale and I'm so glad its not on one of the big 3 and been dumbed down so the 'reality' fans could get it.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
So far this season is off to a good start. It's looking like Cut-Cheese and the Volm are up to something, but it may turn out to be more of a we know what we're doing don't worry your pink little heads about it thing.

It also looks like Peralta is the mole. Which is interesting because something a few episodes ago made me think it was a female.

I'm glad the youngest Mason got a makeover. He's tougher now and less pouty.
I think you may be right about the Volm. We like to think of the all powerful gonna save us alien but what if they are old enemies of the same enemy and its just convient? If the humans come out somewhat different than they went in its not even a thought so far. But you notice how they do not let humans use their technology except for in very small ways.

Much to much focus on Hal. Given his alter ego met the runaway wife and child, one wonders what the real reason for that is. To have the president's son giving away information would be very risky from the pov of notice. Someone who isn't so noticable would serve them better. Just who has an agenda with Hal and why is the other question of great interest.

I love the layers and layers of questions and how I suspect some will never like in real life have an answer.

The youngest son, now another child soldier, is another really interesting take which often gets shyed away from. Kids who are young in desperate circumstances grow up real fast and Tom is never going to have the son he thought he was going to, since its this new vicious world which will form him.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I dont watch this but I thought you fans would be interested to know...

TNT orders fourth season of 'Falling Skies' | Inside TV | EW.com
Vikings was picked up during the broadcast of the first season too, and was the number one scripted cable show at the time. This shows that if you do good enough shows with interesting enough settings people will watch them.

I so wish about two thirds of the doctors and cops and lawyers and reality crap would dissapear off regular tv and they'd give what made tv the icon of our culture a chance again.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,777,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

The tree is absolutely inspired. You get a sense of the loss by how much is on it already. That its metalic and not natural but still this thing of beauty is wonderful.
The tree is fine, but it was kinda weird when the one kid wrote "Mom" on the leaf in the last episode. Seems like you'd put her real name so she wasn't confused with the hundreds of other moms being remembered there.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
The tree is fine, but it was kinda weird when the one kid wrote "Mom" on the leaf in the last episode. Seems like you'd put her real name so she wasn't confused with the hundreds of other moms being remembered there.
To him she was mom, and that's what he put. The universe/the god/godess knows who he means. In a way she stands for all the mom's with nobody to remember them.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,231,610 times
I really enjoyed last night's episode.

I saw the trailer for next week and it looks like Hal wasn't the mole afterall. I still think that there is something strange about the "new" woman president. I also feel like something strange is going on (more than usual:-) with Pope.

Also during the ending scene where Hal and his girlfriend were kissing, I was thinking that if that were me I don't think I would be "kissing" him just yet :-).

I am looking forward to next week.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
I really enjoyed last night's episode.

I saw the trailer for next week and it looks like Hal wasn't the mole afterall. I still think that there is something strange about the "new" woman president. I also feel like something strange is going on (more than usual:-) with Pope.

Also during the ending scene where Hal and his girlfriend were kissing, I was thinking that if that were me I don't think I would be "kissing" him just yet :-).

I am looking forward to next week.
Hal was under Karen's control, but I think her aims were more personal and the true mole is still there. A good spy wouldn't let themselves be noticed. I'm not sure the new president is, thought. I give cudos to Tom for realizing with his son's condition and the rest, he was compromized. He's never really felt comfortable in the job but she feels a little bit too comfortable. I think she'll prove a problem because she feels just too at ease with power.

Pope is at an pivital moment. He's had to behave and has been but maybe he's at the point where he has to decide if he really really wants to. The reality is he and his do it yourself resistance is past its moment and I'm betting he decides on the inside that he'd rather they win.

I watched it on amazon and no trailer. I'll check the tnt site but this really intreges me now.

This show just keeps getting better and better. I wish a few other mainstream broadcast network post apoc shows were as gritty.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,231,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Hal was under Karen's control, but I think her aims were more personal and the true mole is still there. A good spy wouldn't let themselves be noticed. I'm not sure the new president is, thought. I give cudos to Tom for realizing with his son's condition and the rest, he was compromized. He's never really felt comfortable in the job but she feels a little bit too comfortable. I think she'll prove a problem because she feels just too at ease with power.

Pope is at an pivital moment. He's had to behave and has been but maybe he's at the point where he has to decide if he really really wants to. The reality is he and his do it yourself resistance is past its moment and I'm betting he decides on the inside that he'd rather they win.

I watched it on amazon and no trailer. I'll check the tnt site but this really intreges me now.

This show just keeps getting better and better. I wish a few other mainstream broadcast network post apoc shows were as gritty.
great post...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM

380 posts, read 377,574 times
The Volm are looking for a new planet to live on and don't want us pesky humans around. Was willing to give them a break until Chochises' story about his/her/its race being stuck on arks in space. Alarm bells started to go off. Can't believe the Prezs' fell for that malarky. The Volm WMD is meant to cleanse the planet of humans. Thought they were French analogs in this revolutionary war dustup theme, but think the writers are counting on people thinking that. Least that's my theory.

The alien baby things is just ho-hum. Seen that in countless movies and shows to be even mildly interested in that. Hope its killed in the rescue of the Doc. Nothing good comes from this tired mcguffin. Thought it was stupid in the original "V" series and its still a stupid plot device.

Tom basically handed the Esps the whole info on the Volm WMD when he handed over the info to his assistant. She is the mole. Hal can't be because if the mole is supposed to be him then how could he have shot Locke while meeting his Esp hybrid lover in the woods.

So did Weaver know Pope had a weapon on him and not give a crap or did he not know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV