Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM

36,430 posts, read 16,041,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I enjoyed it and it looks like the show has finally hit its stride. I don't get the whole weird baby angle though. Seems a bit too contrived and over the top.
Didn't Tom have one of those bugs crawl in his ear last season? Maybe that was someone else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 AM

356 posts, read 917,361 times
Quote:
I enjoyed it and it looks like the show has finally hit its stride. I don't get the whole weird baby angle though. Seems a bit too contrived and over the top.
I think the creepy baby has something to do with the machine Anne uses to remove the harnesses. It will be another plot point with the new alien allies not being all they seem to be.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,010,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I just caught a commercial for "Falling Skies" on TNT. How did I miss this sci-fi show? This will be it's 2nd season, right? I need to watch the first. Then read this thread.
The first two seasons were great as well but you have a lot of catching up to do.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,010,048 times
Quote:
Yeah, the toxic avenger zombie kids were a surprise but I missed the whole radiation as the cause explanation. I just assumed that they were more advanced harness kids and were being transmogrified into skitters.

Yeah that explanation works but it just seems so odd they'd pick that as a plan to defeat the humans. Especially with all the tech and weapons they have and the off chance that Tom gets any woman pregnant.
Well we still don't know what exactly the aliens did to Tom. For all we know the baby having unusual characteristics could be something that was unexpected on both sides. Well have to wait and see how that storyline pans out.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,273,278 times
Quote:
Yeah, the toxic avenger zombie kids were a surprise but I missed the whole radiation as the cause explanation. I just assumed that they were more advanced harness kids and were being transmogrified into skitters.

Yeah that explanation works but it just seems so odd they'd pick that as a plan to defeat the humans. Especially with all the tech and weapons they have and the off chance that Tom gets any woman pregnant.
I'm not sure it was entierly intentional. The alien was curious. Tom only remembered a part here and there, but assumed he was to die. On the off chance that he didn't, perhaps the alien had him sedated during some of it so he might end up useful. I think the plan was those kept for expermentation were to be killed so that wasn't planned as a possibility.

Before we discovered the zombie like kids were handeling raidoactive material I also thought they were being transformed.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
No this will be the third season, you need to go watch the first two.

I found out about it a few months ago and caught up watching the first two season before this season started.

Its not a real great show in my opinion, but it most certainly is better than most of the other shows out there right now.
The thing this show has that attempts at telling about a massive alteration mostly don't do (like Revolution) is get mean and dirty. The youngest son gets the lecture about going to school, but his world has already altered to were that is not of importance. The adults live in survival mode and pay the price. They don't look clean or well fed or like they ever take time to remember 'before'. They can make decisions which might have been impossible. Harnessed kids they can rescue they will, but if they attack they die, for instance.

And the political/social fallout with the new aliens is so well played. They try to get all the good from them but understand both sides have an agenda and both are playing it to their own advantage. How this will come out when the new aliens agenda is clear is the rub...

This series feels much more 'real' than many of the genre because they are allowing it to be.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientist Mom View Post
I think the creepy baby has something to do with the machine Anne uses to remove the harnesses. It will be another plot point with the new alien allies not being all they seem to be.
Interesting idea. If so, what else besides releasing the harness from the kids is it doing? I assume unlike Ben, it cuts the telapathic cord with the first invaders. But what a useful connection it could be...

Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM

168 posts, read 335,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The thing this show has that attempts at telling about a massive alteration mostly don't do (like Revolution) is get mean and dirty. The youngest son gets the lecture about going to school, but his world has already altered to were that is not of importance. The adults live in survival mode and pay the price. They don't look clean or well fed or like they ever take time to remember 'before'. They can make decisions which might have been impossible. Harnessed kids they can rescue they will, but if they attack they die, for instance.

And the political/social fallout with the new aliens is so well played. They try to get all the good from them but understand both sides have an agenda and both are playing it to their own advantage. How this will come out when the new aliens agenda is clear is the rub...

This series feels much more 'real' than many of the genre because they are allowing it to be.

Like I said its a lot better than most of what is out there however there are some down sides about the show.

I dont like how the father and the two more adult of his kids were able to get away with so much during the first two seasons. I dont mean with regards to fighting the aliens but with regards to the politics of the second mass. How many times they were ordered to do one thing and the next moment they are doing the opposite and how they constantly got away with it.
With the constant comparisons to the revolutionary war just make it worse. If the amount of refusal of orders and doing the opposite were to of happened back during the revolutionary war there would of been executions yet the father and his two older sons keep getting away with stuff.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
Like I said its a lot better than most of what is out there however there are some down sides about the show.

I dont like how the father and the two more adult of his kids were able to get away with so much during the first two seasons. I dont mean with regards to fighting the aliens but with regards to the politics of the second mass. How many times they were ordered to do one thing and the next moment they are doing the opposite and how they constantly got away with it.
With the constant comparisons to the revolutionary war just make it worse. If the amount of refusal of orders and doing the opposite were to of happened back during the revolutionary war there would of been executions yet the father and his two older sons keep getting away with stuff.
The comparison isn't that off, actually. Most who started out the revolutionary war were local militias with a tenuious connection with authority. Many times they were acting for their own home, not the whole of the colonies. Don't confuse the end of the war with French ships and German trainers of a regular army to the beginning. It was an uprising not a central command. As is theirs. Tom and his sons had become leaders and sometimes that matters more. Sometimes people just need someone idenitifed as their leader to feel they have a chance.

In season 3, the command is much more cohesive and organized, Tom both military commander and president. Pope does as he's told and grumbles. They watch their new 'allies' wondering... And he has been noticed as one who WILL hold power or Hal would not have been turned.

As for his daughter, um, all bets are off...

Just watched ep 3, wow, oh wow. All that loosed organization gone, and the cohesive elements set...

And what IS the baby, and what for that matter is Tom?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,212,545 times
Does anyone know where I can watch seasons 1 and 2 online? Even TNT doesn't seem to have archives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV