Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM

14,538 posts, read 21,361,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
Somethings up for certain. The trailer showed blood on Pope's face. Something bad is going to happen.

I just wonder when things are going to turn POSITIVE for the group. They don't have much left. Gas? Food? Supplies? I hope something really good happens soon.
I don't think they need to move on, just change the course of things where they are. From the preview, Tom is saying they can still fight them, or something near. No doubt Pope made a discovery because he was just being Pope and snooping around.

And don't forget Redeye. Ben and his compatriots are yet to be heard from.

Given the offer, how many now desperate humans who don't think there are any more chances left would take the overlords offer as the one prefereable over death? Would they become the biggest danger of betrayal in time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 06:40 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,700,950 times
I also felt that the pilot who told them about CHarleston was misleading them...that Charleston was going to be the ghetto the overlord was telling them about. Now i''m not so sure, I guess because the city was wrecked and the leader they encountered said the colony was hidden discreetly. If it were the ghetto described by the Overlord, they would have been greeted by sunshine and rainbows and hot cocoa so they could really get suckered in before they got let down.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM

288 posts, read 718,734 times
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode more than any other! My guess is that they are falling into a trap. However, I am hoping perhaps instead they are working with the skitters to form a resistance.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode more than any other! My guess is that they are falling into a trap. However, I am hoping perhaps instead they are working with the skitters to form a resistance.
Me too. I keep thinking of the title of last weeks show, which doesn't quite fit. "Death March" however also means those who are marching towards death. I'm guessing that behind the smiling faces is a very dark place. And that that 'sancuary' had found some takers...

ten minutes... yeah!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 PM

OMG WOW!

A whole week?????

Love it. "I'm going to put you in the cornfield." Go, Poke.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM

Record the preview, and run it frame by frame. Something new, some creature which might give a clue about what happened to the creatures which the skidders were.

I have a feeling next week is going to end with the same feeling as the last episode of Jericho, s.1, when you hear "Fire" except we know there WILL be a third season.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,746,711 times
Good episode last night! Next week is the season finale is that right?? Seems like it just got started.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
Good episode last night! Next week is the season finale is that right?? Seems like it just got started.
Filming on season 3 is starting this month. But a whole almost year to wait. Dang.

If you slow advance the frames in the preview, when they are firing on the Overlords ship, there is *something* hopping around. It has the long legs and arms vaguely like a skitter, but the body is very human like. I think stage three is about to begin. All the critters we've seen were bioteched out of some species. If they didn't have a use for people, then wouldn't they have just wiped out everyone?

Next season is going to be most intense, I think.

Why did they LEAVE the one woman who was part of the Berserkers behind when they arrested the historian and let everyone else out???????

Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,646,449 times
I still think Charleston is a trap and IMO Manchester has made a deal with the skitters which is why he doesn't allow anybody to freely roam off base to find out the truth. Like they said nothing is as it seems and everyone there are really prisoners not allowed to leave the compound, guns seized, punishments for doing and saying the wrong things, average food and living quarters for the regulars, etc. I still can't believe the skitters would not be able to detect that woman flying that biplane and they allow her safe passage for a reason so that she'll lead people to the Charleston detention center. Next week we will find out and I think the 2nd Mass will either take over Charleston or leave when the skitters attack to squash the rebellion and destroy the place. I could be wrong but this show goes in so many different directions anything is possible.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I still think Charleston is a trap and IMO Manchester has made a deal with the skitters which is why he doesn't allow anybody to freely roam off base to find out the truth. Like they said nothing is as it seems and everyone there are really prisoners not allowed to leave the compound, guns seized, punishments for doing and saying the wrong things, average food and living quarters for the regulars, etc. I still can't believe the skitters would not be able to detect that woman flying that biplane and they allow her safe passage for a reason so that she'll lead people to the Charleston detention center. Next week we will find out and I think the 2nd Mass will either take over Charleston or leave when the skitters attack to squash the rebellion and destroy the place. I could be wrong but this show goes in so many different directions anything is possible.
I'm sure there are traitors. Multiple ones, but I do think Mancheseter is really a man in a position way way beyond him. He's sat in his shopping mall keeping the peace while Tom, who could be like him, has been hardened and utterly changed. He's made this place and doesn't want to lose it, but in reality, even sealed against attack, its only going to last a few months and then its a turkey shoot.

The plane I agree. I'm assuming that trying to get someone to start this 'sancuary ghetto' and failed, they found the perfect place in Charleston. So they let the word go out. They HAVE to have a reason to want survivors. Just not so many. The military has been on edge, but I think they'll act. However, there are likely traitors in their camp too.

The feel of the place was very much like a refugee camp run by an army with the authority to control everything... The daughter had the nerve to speak up, but carefully. You notice she had a lot of support in the audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV