Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 07:24 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,473,483 times

Advertisements

I don't know. I think Emily's plans are getting all screwed up. This thing between Nolan and Tyler is a dangerous thing. Both of them play like they have nothing to lose. And the "real" Emily showing up in the Hamptons - yikes! That's going to throw things out of whack. Lydia is now awake and that's not going to be good. And I'm with VaNative, is Frank really dead? And even if he is, his body looks like it'll be easy to find. It's funny you are getting the vibe that Nolan is related to her. From the start I was thinking it was DANIEL that could be her brother (which puts a whole new ick value into this). Think about it though: Victoria has never loved a man like she's loved Amanda's father. She states in the newspaper article that the best thing in her life was the birth of Daniel. I'm sure I'm wrong since this has now turned physical and I don't think the networks would go that far ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 07:35 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,467,414 times
Nolan slept with Tyler in order to get the scoop to bring him down. The video planted is a way in order to do the takedown. Remember this is first solo takedown.

I think Frank is truly dead. Real Emily hit him a couple times pretty hard in the head. It would be hard to backtrack that. I think the shot showing where he was is to show that his body will be found.

I was convinced that Lydia was the one to shoot Daniel (based on the first episode) but maybe it was Real Emily. I think she has a motives herself of revenge to take the fortune Amanda has acquired.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 AM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Nolan is a self-identified bisexual, per his comment to Tyler that Nolan is a 3 on the Kinsey Scale. A 3 on the Kinsey Scale means someone identifies as bisexual. Google the scale to see what each number means.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,225,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I don't know. I think Emily's plans are getting all screwed up. This thing between Nolan and Tyler is a dangerous thing. Both of them play like they have nothing to lose. And the "real" Emily showing up in the Hamptons - yikes! That's going to throw things out of whack. Lydia is now awake and that's not going to be good. And I'm with VaNative, is Frank really dead? And even if he is, his body looks like it'll be easy to find. It's funny you are getting the vibe that Nolan is related to her. From the start I was thinking it was DANIEL that could be her brother (which puts a whole new ick value into this). Think about it though: Victoria has never loved a man like she's loved Amanda's father. She states in the newspaper article that the best thing in her life was the birth of Daniel. I'm sure I'm wrong since this has now turned physical and I don't think the networks would go that far ...
No way the network would let it get sexual if they were related, even FX stopped at "almost" when an unknowing bro and sis fell for each other on S.O.A, and FX definitely pushes the envelope with that show. It wouldn't be surprising if Daniel has a different father than Charlotte though, she definitely favors Daniel in a weird way that seems to be more than just a woman who favors her boy child.

I don't know about Nolan being related to her, I don't think that's necessary to explain his protection of Amanda, it seems like Mr. Clark was a surrogate father to Nolan, that can be a very strong bond, and sense of loyalty if his real father wasn't around, or was cruel. I imagine Mr. Clark asked him to look out for Amanda, Nolan would never want to let him down. Those people took away an important person in Nolan's life too, it makes total sense for him to bond with Amanda, and want the same revenge she does.

Last edited by detshen; 11-04-2011 at 02:20 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,240,869 times
I for one am tired of Declan's "story", it's full of cliché, soapy issues. I know he's going to be there for a while but I hope the character gets dragged through the mud in the meantime, hopefully a lot of it. And his accent is verging on guido territory and showing through his mannerism -- seriously.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Quote:
And his accent is verging on guido territory and showing through his mannerism -- seriously.
Can you believe that the show specifically requested that the Declan and Jack characters have accents? Nick Wechsler (Jack) tried, but felt he couldn't pull it off; so he never attempted to do an accent again on the show. So, Connor Paolo (Declan) is the lone accent offender.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:18 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,274,556 times
Default Accent?

I must be the only one that didn't really hear Declan doing an "accent". What kind of accent is he supposed to have?

Old 11-05-2011, 06:53 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,419,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
I must be the only one that didn't really hear Declan doing an "accent". What kind of accent is he supposed to have?
Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny

I know what you mean, BVitamin. It's distracting, and it seems out of place IMO.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:36 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,065,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Yeah, I didn't notice an accent from him either.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,406,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
It's funny you are getting the vibe that Nolan is related to her. From the start I was thinking it was DANIEL that could be her brother (which puts a whole new ick value into this). Think about it though: Victoria has never loved a man like she's loved Amanda's father. She states in the newspaper article that the best thing in her life was the birth of Daniel. I'm sure I'm wrong since this has now turned physical and I don't think the networks would go that far ...
It wouldn't be the first time for Emily Van Camp to play a character involved in sort of a similar situation!

On Brothers and Sisters she played a character thought to be the illegitimate child of the main characters' father - and when it was determined that she in fact was not, she got romantically involved with one of the guys who was previously thought to be her brother. Not exactly the same - but it's a similar brother or lover vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV