Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 12:12 PM

665 posts, read 629,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
[snip]

It's not like Revenge is presented commercial free when watching on the net?

[snip]
Actually, the sites I described allow you to either watch Revenge in real time with the commercials OR if you don't want to sit through the commericals, just wait about an hour (sometimes 10 minutes!) after it has aired and the entire episode will be uploaded to watch commercial free.

This also applies to cable shows that do have commericals and for cable shows that don't have commercials. If you miss the episode in real time; just watch it later when it has been uploaded (minutes to an hour after original air time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 03:18 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,431,064 times
I found a site with links to other sites where I just watched the latest episodes of AHS and Revenge for free.

Just google "watch x online for free" and you'll find it,( a drink and a snack). I'm sure there are others, but that's been great for me.

It asks you to install some kind of viewer--I haven't done it yet but I might. Also, it suggests your run Chrome on the PC, but I tried it with IE and all was fine.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,184,498 times
I discovered Revenge a few weeks ago. I watched seasons 1 and 2 on Comcast. Then I went to the drink and a snack website and watched the first 7 episodes of this season. There were no commercials online. Then I went back onto Comcast and watched the remaining episodes OnDemand. (For some reason the first 7 episodes of this season weren't there.) I'm officially all caught up.

Lately I'm laughing at it like it's a comedy. The acting is really bad. I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat in suspense. Why am I still watching? Because it's pretty darn funny.

It's predictable too. The doctor with the syringe wants to kill Emily because she's in love with Emily's boyfriend. Emily will finally be in love with Jack again and Emily's boyfriend's feelings will be hurt. (It's a vicious circle---the feelings Emily hurts.) Do I care? No. Every single man would be better off loving another woman. I'm not rooting for Emily. I bored of her vendetta by the end of the first season. She's not a sympathetic character. She's a psychopath. I'll keep watching because it's funny as hell!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,359,073 times
Yes, I've said all along that the acting is horrible. ITA with you.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:41 AM

665 posts, read 629,208 times
Sneak Peek for Episode 3x12 "Endurance" (Airs Sun, Jan 12 at 9:00 pm ET)

Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM

12,851 posts, read 874,621 times
Until recently I was watching Revenge on "HooLoo" free on the Monday after airdate. Like people have pointed out here, abc changed access; however, I saw the following on the websites for both abc and hooloo.
================================================== =============
Episodes of the current season are available for free, 8 days after air.
We are able to post the last five episodes from the current season of Revenge. The episodes posted may vary based on ABC’s on-air schedule.
================================================== ==============

So, now I'll just be a week behind, which is no big deal. It's easier for me to just wait the 8 days than figure out some other way to watch for free that may or may not involve a hassle. I am a creature of habit. I only subscribe to Netflix and am not willing to pay for anything else. So, 8 days it is!

Last edited by rainydayparis; 01-10-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,764,237 times
Thanks for the update... will need to revisit.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:03 PM

8,653 posts, read 10,183,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Until recently I was watching Revenge on "HooLoo" free on the Monday after airdate. Like people have pointed out here, abc changed access; however, I saw the following on the websites for both abc and hooloo.
================================================== =============
Episodes of the current season are available for free, 8 days after air.
We are able to post the last five episodes from the current season of Revenge. The episodes posted may vary based on ABC’s on-air schedule.
================================================== ==============

So, now I'll just be a week behind, which is no big deal. It's easier for me to just wait the 8 days than figure out some other way to watch for free that may or may not involve a hassle. I am a creature of habit. I only subscribe to Netflix and am not willing to pay for anything else. So, 8 days it is!
I just got done watching all of this season's episodes to date on "hooloo plus" with a trial membership.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:59 PM

12,851 posts, read 874,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I just got done watching all of this season's episodes to date on "hooloo plus" with a trial membership.
Does the "plus" version have commercials? I tried to find out once, but gave up.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:13 AM

8,653 posts, read 10,183,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Does the "plus" version have commercials? I tried to find out once, but gave up.
One or two in place of regular commercial breaks you would find on network television. It's really not that bad; however, get used to seeing the same commercial over and over...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV