Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 10:50 AM

16,180 posts, read 32,629,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
They are in a tough spot. A show about revenge has to - by virtue of the subject - have an ending. I mean eventually someone finally gets their revenge.

The ratings are not good right now so that in itself makes the show's future questionable. That plus the fact that the original show runner left because I think he originally envisioned it as being a cable show with 13 eps per season. He was struggling with a full 23 ep season. That means that the new show runner has to come in and kind of pick up the pieces.

It is a great show but I think it has a lot working against it. It would not at all surprise me if it is cancelled after this season.
I was really into this show at first but it lost me. I have bailed. That makes me sad in a way because I wanted her to get her revenge and move on to other plots but it didn't happen that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 12:30 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,377,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I was really into this show at first but it lost me. I have bailed. That makes me sad in a way because I wanted her to get her revenge and move on to other plots but it didn't happen that way.

Yeah, I agree with you. I watch it but I really don't care what happens. It's just something that is on the TV.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:22 AM

665 posts, read 630,619 times
Josh Bowman (Daniel Grayson) wants his character killed off the show

Quote:
Josh plays Daniel Grayson in ABC show Revenge and recently spoke candidly about how he wants his character killed off.

Speaking to TV Guide, the actor explained: 'I'm trying to pitch a Daniel death by the end of the season.

'I love working on the show, but I'm just being honest. My character has flip-flopped the most, and it's been so hard for me to play,' he added, saying he has expressed his concerns to producers.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:41 AM

Interesting, even the actors are unhappy with the way the show is going....and so true.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,295,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Interesting, even the actors are unhappy with the way the show is going....and so true.
Maybe he and Emily have broken up and he wants out now? I noticed that she is one of the producers. Maybe that's why it's gotten so sudsy.

Yuck, keep your shirt on, Josh! I don't find one thing attractive about that guy.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:39 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,068,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Yuck, keep your shirt on, Josh! I don't find one thing attractive about that guy.
I agree..yuck...why are his pants down to his privates?? yuck...

Old 11-30-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I agree..yuck...why are his pants down to his privates?? yuck...

OMG! Thanks for the laugh!! I howled reading your post.

I thought the same thing...like he pulled them down for the photo.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:18 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,068,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
OMG! Thanks for the laugh!! I howled reading your post.

I thought the same thing...like he pulled them down for the photo.
He may have been trying to hide those knobby knees & bowed legs

Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 AM

313 posts, read 402,968 times
Wow, just wow. This dude is singularly unattractive and can't act his way out of a paper bag, yet instead of being thankful he even has a job, any job, on a show w/ decent ratings, he wants out? Seriously!?

How he even got this job is beyond me. Maybe he and the Van Camp woman were dating and she got him the role, or maybe he has pictures or something!

In general I'm enjoying this season more than the last one. Well that's not exactly a tall order - to do better than S2. which sucked w/ their idiotic side plots! Not just no Declan, but I'm glad to be done w/ the initiative and Emily's mother, etc.

However, why did they have to add in Margeaux, another annoying sub-plot? And they haven't done a great job w/ the Patrick character.

It is nice to see Nolan and Emily back as friends and more like equals than before. The writing is still not as good as it could be w/ Aiden, Grayson dad, Jack, and Charlotte still a bit squishy in terms of their character development.

They better get some good revengy plots going soon for Emily, or they risk going back to the S2 problems. DH bailed but I'm still hanging in there. I say kill off annoying Daniel (and Charlotte). Enough already of those 2 idiots.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:48 PM

884 posts, read 1,064,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post

However, why did they have to add in Margeaux, another annoying sub-plot? And they haven't done a great job w/ the Patrick character.

It is nice to see Nolan and Emily back as friends and more like equals than before. The writing is still not as good as it could be w/ Aiden, Grayson dad, Jack, and Charlotte still a bit squishy in terms of their character development.

They better get some good revengy plots going soon for Emily, or they risk going back to the S2 problems. DH bailed but I'm still hanging in there. I say kill off annoying Daniel (and Charlotte). Enough already of those 2 idiots.
The whole Patrick character came in and blew out with the wind. I'm still sitting here wondering WTH?? Why was he even brought here, they made a big deal of him coming in this season in the previous season by spending a couple episodes setting up how he will enter the scene last season, and how Emily unravels his orphanage roots, and even Victoria dropping her wine glass at the season finale to increase drama on his return this season. Patrick came for a couple episodes and disappeared and made no significant impact on the revenge plot thus far. Therefore, I officially deem Patrick as "useless" at this point, unless he returns with something more to contribute to what was already progressing in previous seasons.

And Margot, looks like she is bringing Lydia from the past back, so she at least has a role in the original anti-revenge plot in some way. Otherwise, I'm tired of useless characters that come and go with the wind that have nothing to contribute to progressing the storyline of revenge. They may need to stick with the core characters (Emily, Jack, Daniel, Nolan, Victoria, Conrad, Charlotte, etc.) in order to tie up loose ends.

Otherwise, I really enjoy this show, I just wish somehow they'd make up their mind what they are going to do before this big break from December to March 2014. That's a long time to go without an episode and to leave us hanging with a trivial issue at hand between some of the "new, minor characters".

Just my opinion, I was thinking as reading other's posts here. Looking forward to 12/8 for some new progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV