Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,957,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
It's kinda funny that they are making such a big deal about the whole computer when all the
data could be put on a small hard drive...Surely Nolan would have backed the data up somewhere...

Finding the computer doesn't mean that the data isn't back up ...

And tossing it in the ocean off a dock , to wash up is interesting...
When I saw that I thought aren't these supposed to be intelligent people? Seriously, tossing a computer off the dock into the ocean - yea, that will get rid of it.

Last edited by geebabe; 03-11-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM

I liked last night's episode. i was thinking if Amanda is still alive how would it have been pulled off? Emily and Nolan would have to have done it (if we find out in a future episode she is alive). However, she wouldn't want to stay away from Jack and Carl so maybe she was found barely holding on to life and at the morgue even Charlotte could know she is alive. It wouldn't be hard for her to play along because she now knows what kind of people she has for parents. Anyway, the only reason I was thinking of this is because it is exactly the kind of stuff night time soap opera writers throw out there for the viewers. Or hey, maybe she really is dead. Bummer though, she was growing on me.

At least they've given Jack a better script. I for one like Mr. Trask. He plays the part well. And how about that Daniel getting rid of the clock so cleverly. Cool move. i wonder what the brother of Emily will get to do in all this.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,765,373 times
If fauxmanda did die in the boating accident...and there's nothing on the computer that ties Nolan and Emily to it....that could be seen as an excellent move by Emily....tossing it into water.

Loving the new pi$$ed off Jack. What is he up to? I just hope he's careful. I love how he's playing Conrad.

I do feel so bad for Emily. Other than Nolan and Aiden, right now...she is so alone.

Oh.....and on the Daniel vs Clock scene...oh BRAVO Daniel!! Such a clever way to dispose of their nasty little camera. That was definitely a great little twist. Loved it!! Hahaha.... "Have it checked out please...and just take it home, I don't really need it, I have a watch." LOL.....Goooo Daniel. Love the writers...always keeping you on your toes!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM

30,701 posts, read 80,213,834 times
Sorry I see it differently. Other than a few decent twists, I think this was the poorest episode yet. I hope for those who still love it I am wrong, but I think this show is dying unless it changes.

I am losing interest in this show. I will still watch a few more episodes and hope it improves. It is getting more and more soap opera-ish. The first season was great, When we discovered it, we ended up watching about five or six episodes back to back we could hardly wait for the next one to load. The writing was excellent and the acting was decent for the most part.

Now it is going downhill, the Nolan character is losing all of his appeal. Instead of the immensely clever incredibly wealthy and super quirky guy who just kind of likes to watch the pieces in motion, they tried to make him more agent like with the karate training thing, they made him stupid, the threw him into the middle of it all and tied up his fortune. He is just no longer the unique and interesting character he was. Emily is doing very little except acting stupid. The Graysons and the initiative nether won nor lost. No one was found, no one was "revenged". The plot is no longer moving. What really happened in this episode? Not much really. Mostly they were just setting things up for the next episode which in turn sets things up for the next and the next without anything really happening. Viola - a soap opera. This show was good when so much happened constantly that you did not want to look away for five minutes. The characters are losing their depth. Emily turned stupid, Nolan turned stupid and Jack makes very little sense, especially given his prior character.

I am not sure what they can do to save the show. I do not think it will make another season unless they get some different writers, bring back the old ones or get them recharged. Whatever the problem, they need to change it fast. This show is getting stale. Maybe they just started with too few characters and left no room for growth or change.

It is still salvageable, but if the next episode is yet another where nothing happens. Smart people turn inexplicably stupid and stupid people suddenly become wise, dead people do not stay dead. Yawn, seen it all before.

Am I the only one getting a bit tired of this show? Maybe I am just defective.

Maybe they should just give up, do a joint show with Walking dead and have Amanda and Daniel's roomate whatever his name is and the dog return as zombies and infect everyone. Then the walking dead cast can smash and shoot their heads and call it a day.

Did anyone stay up for Red Widow? I ended up doing soduko puzzles. At least Revenge still merits watching (for a while anyway)

Maybe I should go back to my old ways (never watching tv except movies and re-runs on netflix).

Old 03-12-2013, 05:17 PM

CJ....I'm HOPING that this week's episode was setting things up for next week. Here's hoping. We've got the situation with Amanda's foster brother showing up....Jack "playing" Conrad, etc. The trouble is, Jack thought he had something on the Grayson's, with the computer, but Aiden took care of that. LOL

Let's just hope that Emily throwing the laptop away (because it just got in the way), is the writers' way of getting back to the revenge stuff. LOL

Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,073,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

Maybe they should just give up, do a joint show with Walking dead and have Amanda and Daniel's roomate whatever his name is and the dog return as zombies and infect everyone. Then the walking dead cast can smash and shoot their heads and call it a day.

Haha...that sounds like the only possible interesting direction !!!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM

I will still take last week's Revenge over 98% of all the other garbage on television these days. At least it's not a fauxreality show, the likes of which seems to be permeating the airwaves like crazy. Gaaaaaaagh!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM

To Coldjensens: Whenever I read your posts here I wonder - why do you still watch Revenge if you don't like it or enjoy it? It's o.k. to just give it up. No one will care at the writer's meeting.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,388,933 times
The only reason my interest in Revenge has diminished is due to the scheduling. Showing a few episodes then a break, then a few more and another break , , , it really drives me nuts. If they can't afford a long season then at least show all the new episodes all in a row with a long break in between each season or maybe show them twice for those who missed them the first go round.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,775,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
The only reason my interest in Revenge has diminished is due to the scheduling. Showing a few episodes then a break, then a few more and another break , , , it really drives me nuts. If they can't afford a long season then at least show all the new episodes all in a row with a long break in between each season or maybe show them twice for those who missed them the first go round.
It isnt an issue of affording a long season.

Every season of every show is 22-24 episodes. The problem stems around things like the holidays. No one wants to air too many new episodes between Thanksgiving and Christmas because they are lower rated. Revenge (and any Sunday show) also loses time in January becaue of "awards season". ABC either airs an award show shows a repeat when other networks air their award show because you cant compete with those.

When these do happen they normally show reruns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV