Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 AM

977 posts, read 1,113,269 times

Advertisements

I don't have much of a choice of current shows on Hulu Plus since I don't have a computer hooked up to the tv, so I continue to watch this one.....but......I'm getting bored with the entire revenge scenario. Get it done! I like Daniel better than I've ever liked him.....he's been given a softer side by his interaction with his ex. At times I've felt sorry for the way he's being used by Emily. After all, it was his parents who destroyed Em's Dad, not Daniel and Charlotte. I like Nolan and Jack, too. IDK, guess the entire elaborate revenge plot is something I've had trouble wrapping my mind around.......It makes Emily so one-sided, doesn't allow much character development. At least she had some regret about Fr Paul.....now I'm left wondering if she's going to harm another "innocent by-stander" in the form of Daniel's ex. Don't like that possibility. (I realise Fr Paul was involved in the entire cover-up with David Clarke, btw). Oh, and why is Jack's wife buried as Amanda Clarke with just the dates...no married name, no mention of being wife or mother? Seems odd to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 04:33 PM

884 posts, read 1,064,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
I don't have much of a choice of current shows on Hulu Plus since I don't have a computer hooked up to the tv, so I continue to watch this one.....but......I'm getting bored with the entire revenge scenario. Get it done! I like Daniel better than I've ever liked him.....he's been given a softer side by his interaction with his ex. At times I've felt sorry for the way he's being used by Emily. After all, it was his parents who destroyed Em's Dad, not Daniel and Charlotte. I like Nolan and Jack, too. IDK, guess the entire elaborate revenge plot is something I've had trouble wrapping my mind around.......It makes Emily so one-sided, doesn't allow much character development. At least she had some regret about Fr Paul.....now I'm left wondering if she's going to harm another "innocent by-stander" in the form of Daniel's ex. Don't like that possibility. (I realise Fr Paul was involved in the entire cover-up with David Clarke, btw). Oh, and why is Jack's wife buried as Amanda Clarke with just the dates...no married name, no mention of being wife or mother? Seems odd to me.
Exactly! Good point. Amanda Clarke was supposedly married to Jack Porter at the time of death, so she should have been buried as Amanda Porter.

Anyhow, I wish that Sarah and the PR woman never entered the picture, it seems to sidetrack from Emily's revenge plot everytime they introduce a new character. All it does is give someone else for Emily to target for revenge, other than the main ones she is really after. I've noticed the pattern now, all of the new characters introduced are just peanut characters to Emily to be destroyed, and a distraction from the real goal here.

Now let's see how Emily gets rid of Sarah! This should be good.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 AM

665 posts, read 630,213 times
Sneak Peek for Episode 3x08 "Secrecy" (Airs Sun, Nov. 17 @ 9:00 p.m. ET):

Old 11-15-2013, 08:13 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,783,408 times
Does anyone know of this is Revenge's last season? I hope so. I want them to wrap it up and be done with it. It looks like they're headed that way, but I was wondering if it's official or not.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,549,476 times
I have not heard of this being the last season.. but if it is they better make it end with a good bang and worthwhile our watching!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:47 AM

8,239 posts, read 10,765,041 times
They are in a tough spot. A show about revenge has to - by virtue of the subject - have an ending. I mean eventually someone finally gets their revenge.

The ratings are not good right now so that in itself makes the show's future questionable. That plus the fact that the original show runner left because I think he originally envisioned it as being a cable show with 13 eps per season. He was struggling with a full 23 ep season. That means that the new show runner has to come in and kind of pick up the pieces.

It is a great show but I think it has a lot working against it. It would not at all surprise me if it is cancelled after this season.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:55 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,372,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Does anyone know of this is Revenge's last season? I hope so. I want them to wrap it up and be done with it. It looks like they're headed that way, but I was wondering if it's official or not.

Yes!!! My thoughts exactly! Be done with it.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:57 AM

884 posts, read 1,064,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
Sneak Peek for Episode 3x08 "Secrecy" (Airs Sun, Nov. 17 @ 9:00 p.m. ET):

Thanks Bella for this sneak peek! It looks like Emily has a dramatic change with her haircut, unless this is just a hairstyle pinned up (couldn't tell at this point).

Well, I sure hope that this isn't the last season of this show since I really enjoy it. However, I do want them to wrap up this chapter of revenge, and maybe plunge into some new extent of revenge for future seasons. Maybe Ashley, David Clarke (who may not really be dead), or some old character returns with an even greater vengeance than ever. OR someone getting revenge on Emily herself, after finding out what she's been up to all this time.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 AM

665 posts, read 630,213 times
Spoilers for Season 3:

Spoiler
Note: This article is dated 10-01-13.

Emily truly gets shot. Nothing was staged. Aiden and Victoria's partnership. Ana Ortiz (Bizzy Preston) returns for a multi-episode arc.

Quote:
Question: Do you know who shot Emily on Revenge? You do, don’t you? —Janet
Ausiello: I don’t! In fact, no one knows. According to Emily VanCamp, the writers “are still on the fence about” who ultimately pulls the trigger. And someone does pull the trigger. The show’s leading lady insists the show isn’t pulling a fast one in that flash-forward (i.e. it’s a dream, the shooting is staged or something else lame like that.) “From what I know, she is really going to get shot and fall off that boat,” she maintains. “Who knows what happens after that? I’ll have to wait until Episode 10 to read it.” [snip]
Quote:
Question: Revenge isn’t going to take Aiden and Victoria’s partnership in a romantic direction, right? —Kelly
Ausiello: Although exec producer Sunil Nayar concedes that “there are definitely sparks” between Barry Sloane and Madeline Stowe, “That’s not exactly the road we’re taking them down.” When we pick up this Sunday, Victoria remains skeptical about Aiden’s motives. “She really wants him to prove his fidelity,” Nayar explains, “because what a great ally he would be. They’re both trying to feel each other out. It’s fun to watch two people start to dance when neither one knows who’s leading and neither one trusts their partner.” Bonus Scoop: Ana Ortiz’ one-off guest stint has officially been upgraded to a multi-episode arc. Ugly Betty alums, FTW!

Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,471,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I sincerely hope it is. The first season was great, but this season has only been so-so. I get what some are you are saying about it being like a "soap opera". I think that's owed a great deal to the awful soap opera type music they have playing in the background in every scene. We've all gotten used to shows like Grey's Anatomy and Sleepy Hollow and a host of others with really good soundtracks. This show just seems to do it on the cheap.

That and every time that Emily wants to stay hidden she dons that ridiculous outfit of black sweats and black hoodie. Yeah, I'd NEV-VAH guess it was you, Em. That and the poverty row house they've given to Jack's old girlfriend. Couldn't they have thrown a ragamuffin or two into the scene too in order to complete the 1920's feel?

It's time to wrap it up. As one of you said, the introduction of so many new characters is not enhancing this program. They all seem like new graduates of acting school with the over-the-top-delivery of their lines. Do I still watch Revenge? Sure. But now rather than watching it on the night it's on like Survivor or Black List or Person of Interest, it seems to sit on my DVR for awhile before I get to watching it. It wasn't that way in Season 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV