Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,240,110 times

Advertisements

Well, do I feel dumb! Those were commercials?? I thought it was just some more of the strange script writing! No wonder it didn't make sense to me......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM

665 posts, read 628,555 times
A lot of viewers really hated this marketing campaign. Many found it very distracting and felt it embarrassing for the actors to have participated. It felt very jarring to me and the whole commercial "plot" felt ridiculous, especially Connor Paolo's (Declan) acting.

The show hasn't impressed me in a long time (nonsensical plots/twists; uninteresting characters; the show's becoming too predictable; it has strayed away from the show's actual premise [revenge... remember when she actually had satisfying take downs?]; etc.).

Other viewers are definitely becoming disenchated as well because the ratings are going down. Here are the ratings for last night's episode "Penance."

TV Ratings Sunday: ‘Once Upon a Time’ Hits Low, ‘Revenge’, ‘Amazing Race’ Down, Football Scrambles ‘Family Guy’ 200th Episode Ratings - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,837 times
I'm going to respond to quite a few good points raised by many of you here since all good topics:

1) Someone mentioned that Cara (Emily's mother) looking very rough.....I'd have to more than agree with that statement. Not only that Cara seems a bit like a dunce or something, not sure where the missing link is here. Maybe it's bad acting as well....could they have given her a better look for the show? So raggedy?

2) Those Neiman Marcus commercials made me sick last night!
The first few confused me and maybe I'm a little bit slow....but every time the commercial ended with "TO BE CONTINUED......." I'm think the next commercial would pick up where the other left off or something. I couldn't tell whether I was watching the real show or the commercials at times. Please ABC, don't this again with Revenge. This show has enough strange twists!

3) I hate that there will be no episode next week as we approach every music award show and holiday, we will have more and more breaks between weeks with this show. Can't they schedule this show at a different time of year away from all the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc). Just saying.

4) I'm liking how Emily has manipulated Mason Treadwell....however I think this plot may backfire a little bit on her. And I believe the Emily and Aiden story just needs to die! Dont like that either.

5) The Ashley and Daniel scenes YUCK!

6) Enjoyed last night's episode though! Lots of accomplishments in the storylines....but still not giving me the kick I need when something exciting should happen.

Just my little opinions guys! Enjoy!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
I've been wondering wth people are talking about commercials for.... Then I realized why IDK why....I FF through commercials so I didn't see any. Ya all had me going there for a minute!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I've been wondering wth people are talking about commercials for.... Then I realized why IDK why....I FF through commercials so I didn't see any. Ya all had me going there for a minute!
I do too, but a couple of time I stopped it because I saw the actors, and thought the show was back only to realize it was some horrible Neiman Marcus ads pretending to be about the show. The whole idea was disgusting, distracting from the real show, and all the acting was bad which leads me to believe the actors had to be "encouraged" to do such blatant selling out.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
I haven't watched the whole show yet but the first half was bad..
Hated the commercials..

Was it just me of did the acting seem stiff last night and the show seemed to have
really loud music that drowned out the talking in some of the scenes..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Yeah this show is throwing in too many twists and turns and those commercials were a stupid idea and please no more of those . Those were distracting to say the least . Omg what a lack luster show on sunday night . They could have made it so much better . The writers had better start stepping up or I will be tunning out ..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
I loved the commercials. I love the program. I like stories that one has to engage the brain in order to know what is going on. It is a very deep show that has a lot of possibilities.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM

665 posts, read 628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I haven't watched the whole show yet but the first half was bad..
Hated the commercials..

Was it just me of did the acting seem stiff last night and the show seemed to have
really loud music that drowned out the talking in some of the scenes..
Yes, the loud music has always been present during the entire series drowning out dialogue. And when the actors speak softly, mumble and don't enunciate it only exacerbates the problem. I usually have my closed captioning on to give me a better chance of knowing what the actors are saying; but apparently even the captioner can't understand what the actors are saying either.

Many viewers have been complaining about the loud music since the series started, but I guess the show runners don't think it's an issue. My hearing is usually very keen. There is no reason my TV should be blaring just to hear what the actors are saying. Not to mention, that increasing the volume on my TV will only make the music problem much worse.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
who was dropping off the boxes? She had skinny legs in tight pants and pointy black heels. Emily?

I actually thought it was Nolan, to get people to come to that party or perhaps his emissary (or was that one of the commercials, now that I see what everyone has written? )

The whole show is beyond bizarre now.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV