Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times

Advertisements

Just watched Sunday's eppie last night on my VOD and I liked the commercials! A little story within a story.

If Victoria and Conrad weren't reconnecting before Cara had them kneeeling and blindfolded, that scene of them holding hands sure connected them. That was sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM

49 posts, read 78,197 times
Downloaded 7 episodes of the second season. Ready to roll!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Don't forget. There is NO NEW REVENGE TONIGHT!!!!!!

The next episode 2x08 (is a flashback episode) "Lineage" (Airs Nov. 25 at 9 p.m. ET):

Summary:

Spoiler
Hindsight's 20/20 when a flashback to 2006 has Victoria getting a surprise visit from her estranged mother, triggering memories of her tumultuous upbringing. Emily embarks on her first mission under Takeda's training, where she meets Aiden and learns of his revenge path. 2006 is also the year Nolcorp goes public, and Carl Porter gets into hot water when he crosses the wrong people on the docks.

Promo:

Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 AM

49 posts, read 78,197 times
Oh man, second season is too bad. I watched only a few episodes and it's already a soap opera. Done with it.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM

6,544 posts, read 6,764,268 times
I hope the show's writers read these posts!

I agree with those who said the music is too loud to hear some of the dialogue. Add to that the thick accents (especially Aiden's) and I have no idea what has been said sometimes. Season 2 is not nearly as good as season 1. Terribly confusing, too many subplots, too many new characters that haven't been well developed. I don't know what happened to make a show that was one of my favorite shows of all time, become a show that needs to be on life support.

Let's step it up, writers!!! Get rid of Aiden, Padma, Kara, the new partners in the bar, break up Daniel and Ashley (really???), get a speech therapist for lispy Amanda, and get back to Emily and Nolan doing more Revengey things!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times
TvGuide says that they will be getting back to Emily's Revenge after the hiatus. The mystery of who's hand we saw in the first eppie this year will be resolved.
Spoiler
It has to do with one of the bar owners but which one?

Apparently lots of people are not happy with what's been going on and the writers are going back to basics. GOOD.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,225,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
TvGuide says that they will be getting back to Emily's Revenge after the hiatus. The mystery of who's hand we saw in the first eppie this year will be resolved.
Spoiler
It has to do with one of the bar owners but which one?

Apparently lots of people are not happy with what's been going on and the writers are going back to basics. GOOD.
That's good news! I appreciate the attempt to mix it up and keep things interesting, but they have gone too off track.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM

6,544 posts, read 6,764,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

YAYYYY!!!! After each of the last 2 or 3 episodes, I asked myself, "Why do I keep watching this?" That's how bad it had become to me, after LOVING the first season. I am SOOO glad to hear the writers are paying attention to the feedback!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:08 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,566,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That new-bar-owning-guy was all part of a set up by Charlotte's ex-boyfriend to get back at Declan by taking the bar away from the guys. Don't know where that guy's brother is supposed to fit in. But now they're trying to portray the guy as sympathetic to Jack and Declan. Not sure where they're going with it. Maybe they're just showing another example of "revenge."

The only thing I liked about the N-M commercials (and I hated the concept) was that Declan was reading The Count of Monte Cristo, which was a nice touch. TCofMC is a classic tale of revenge, for those who haven't read it.

Otherwise, I agree that it's becoming too farfetched with too many side stories. It was fun when Emily was engineering peoples' downfall. Now it's just hard to follow and keep track of who is trying to get back at whom. For example, I don't know whose side Daniel is on and can't follow how Grayson Global is supposed to own half of Nolan Corp. or why Padma cared. And the chemistry between Padma and Nolan is just not there.
Oh, I didn't know that that young guy was her ex-boyfriend......I guess I didn't pay attention when they were all wearing uniforms, in the library, etc......all those yuppie kids kinda blurred together......LOL

Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,378,962 times
Yeah, the show has reached "lousy level".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV