Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times

Advertisements

Is Jill really that stupid??? What a stupid show set up that was! I wish the show would fire Cathy apple ... It's just dumb. I bet she and Abby are great friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,400,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Is Jill really that stupid??? What a stupid show set up that was! I wish the show would fire Cathy apple ... It's just dumb. I bet she and Abby are great friends.
Same here. Plus looking at Vivi makes me kinda sad. I'm not saying that to be mean but her face always looks like she really doesn't want to be there. She might be a cute little girl but the hair and the red lipstick and all the baby doll clothes just make me feel sad.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,740,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Same here. Plus looking at Vivi makes me kinda sad. I'm not saying that to be mean but her face always looks like she really doesn't want to be there. She might be a cute little girl but the hair and the red lipstick and all the baby doll clothes just make me feel sad.
Didn't Vivi say in season 1 that she didn't want to dance or do competitions or anything like that?? I forget if she said there was something else she actually wanted to do. She's a really cute kid but I think Cathy is pushing her into the dance thing. She never looks happy doing dance and looks really uncomfortable in those costumes.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,950,747 times
The child that I worry about the most is Kendall. I don't think we have ever seen a show when she didn't cry and seem totally stressed out. It shocks me that it is OK for kids to participate in shows like this with so much drama and lying.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
The child that I worry about the most is Kendall. I don't think we have ever seen a show when she didn't cry and seem totally stressed out. It shocks me that it is OK for kids to participate in shows like this with so much drama and lying.
Chloe
Maddie
Kendall
Vivi
and now Mackenzie

All the girls on the show are going to need serious therapy when this is over but the ones on the list above are going to need the most intensive therapy.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,443,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Didn't Vivi say in season 1 that she didn't want to dance or do competitions or anything like that?? I forget if she said there was something else she actually wanted to do. She's a really cute kid but I think Cathy is pushing her into the dance thing. She never looks happy doing dance and looks really uncomfortable in those costumes.
I think she wanted to be a teacher, not sure if she elaborated (if she did, I don't remember but I dont think so, she just said it in pasing). I agree, she's pretty good but it w/b nice if she could do something else that she might have more of an interest in (swimming, gymnastics etc), unfort. I think she and a lot of the others don't have much of a choice.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,400,430 times
Okay Lifetime is trying to hard.

I guess the old dance moms were getting boring so they bring in a dark(by tv standards) skinned lesbian single mother of four to stir the pot? I knew the black angle was coming as soon as I saw her skin-tone and her natural hair. It's like a walking stereotype. It was so fake and stupid.

Aside from that Kelly is a pisspoor excuse for a mother IF anything that happens on the show is real. Brooke is already all jacked up but Kelly still pushes her and then Paige's foot is still recovering and she pushed her to dance. As a parent I think I would have opted to let Paige sit out this week to give her foot more time to heal. Especially when she said her foot was hurting during the dance.

I'm just kind of over this show. I was only watching for the dancing but during the group number I saw Maddie in the middle for a few seconds and then Abby's reaction; then a few seconds of a long shot of the girls dancing; then Melissa's face. I wish they would just show the routine..I don't care how Holly looks when she's watching (although her facial expressions are typically horrible - she should work on that).

The whole thing is just becoming stupid & boring & over-the-top dumb.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Okay Lifetime is trying to hard.

I guess the old dance moms were getting boring so they bring in a dark(by tv standards) skinned lesbian single mother of four to stir the pot? I knew the black angle was coming as soon as I saw her skin-tone and her natural hair. It's like a walking stereotype. It was so fake and stupid.

Waaay too fake and stupid. She came complete with a "Black Patsy" jacket and the ghetto slang and accent and attitude.... Totally fake. And she's from St Louis??? Are you telling me she's commuting from St Louis MO to Pittsburgh PA to take dance lessons???? That's almost as ridiculous as Cathy bringing Vivi from Ohio to Pittsburgh to take lessons at her archenemies dance school.

I was also thinking about the "Miami Dance Moms" clown show. I remember on a few episodes seeing Abby in the audience at their competitions. Okay, WHY is Abby in the audience and if her girls were in the competition, why didn't they place first??? Why did the Miami group place first???

ALL FAKE GARBAGE

Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times
Oh brother ... really??? Black Patsy? Really??? It's truly sad that Abby Lee Miller is selling her soul like this.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oh brother ... really??? Black Patsy? Really??? It's truly sad that Abby Lee Miller is selling her soul like this.
Yep! She said it's in reference to ALL Dance Moms being "Patsy Ramsey's". SICK!

And I can't believe Abby is doing this, either. She's been in this biz for many years, she's a great teacher and choreographer. Why is she selling her soul for whatever $$ Lifetime is giving her???? She's making herself look like a monster and allowing this clown show to be done at her studio and using her name all over it?? Crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV