Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,738,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I disagree. You know there are crazy parents out there who will pay big bucks just to give their dancers exposure ... look at that Nakia debacle. Would love to see the backstory of how they went from St. Louis to Pittsburgh ....

Abby Lee is a brand and she seems very tight with her money. Her reputation actually appeals to some moms.
I'm talking about once this show ends and a nobody is interested in ALDC any longer.

I also don't get why anyone would want their child there. If her portrayal on the show is even remotely true, I wouldn't want my kid within 100 miles of her or her studio! She's also not *that* good. She's been in business what? 30 years? and only has had about 15 of her dancers actually make it to Broadway. That's NOT a good track record. She may win these silly competitions but those competition crowns and trophies aren't getting you a spot on a Broadway stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,133,757 times
Quote:
I disagree. You know there are crazy parents out there who will pay big bucks just to give their dancers exposure ... look at that Nakia debacle. Would love to see the backstory of how they went from St. Louis to Pittsburgh ....

Abby Lee is a brand and she seems very tight with her money. Her reputation actually appeals to some moms.

Well I would say she doesn't coddle them and her reputation is her skills, not her personality. No one is making a parent send their kid there so it ultimately is the PARENT who is exposing their child to someone they don't like or agree with. BAD PARENTS... Find a new dance studio.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,397,298 times
Default Dance Moms Season 3

I tried to watch tonight but it was just the same silly drama between the moms & Abby. Some of the scenes made no sense at all; Abby gave Chloe some constructive criticism about forgetting the routine and substituting another step and her idiot mother responded with "Abby is jealous of my daughter"....so I guess in her world it's okay for a performer to just ad lib their way through the routine.

And after watching Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition I find myself thoroughly bored with all of her dancers, their costumes and their choreography. I'm not sure I'll make it through the whole season.

What did you guys think?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 AM

Same old, same old. Now the mothers have a new mother to pick on. They looked like morons blaming the new girl's mother for Abby giving the girl extra attention

Everything in this episode seemed VERY contrived (taking the new mom out for coffee or whatever). The "pyramid" is another thing contrived up by the producers of the show.

I think this show has run it's course. That and Miami Dance Moms. Both are just a complete put on by the producers. Can you tell me ANY parent who would allow some activity teacher to scream and abuse their children or themselves??? I know I wouldn't. I would have been out the door the first time.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,742,803 times
My wife always watches recorded episodes on Saturdays (to the point where Abby's voice has become an expected sound on the weekends) and I tell her all the time how badly edited and scripted it comes across.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,776,138 times
Last night's episode was horribly contrived. So sad that the producers are telling Holly to dumb herself down. She was always the calm one. And the producers obviously told Christi to ramp up the psycho. Melissa was quiet as a mouse.

I'll watch only because I want to see this boy group Candy Apples is putting together.

Poor Vivi ... she has those mini mouse bows in her hair all the time.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Wow. I agree with everyone else - SO contrived. If the hate is going to be ratcheted up to this level as of the very first show . . . not sure I'll make it the rest of the season either. This used to be my favorite reality show! I just love watching the girls dance.

And Poor Vivi - I'll agree. Poor thing - she has to keep propping up her narcissistic Mother ('you know I love to hear stuff like that"). "Ewww - you have chocolate in your teeth." That whole scene with just the two of them made me think that Candy Apples just might be one horrible mother.

Who thinks that Paige and Brooke will return?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Brooke and Paige will absolutely be back!! Kelly isn't going to give up being "famous" or being able to buy expensive clothing, nails, botox, etc etc etc with the money they get from being on the show.

If they weren't going to be back (in the studio), they wouldn't have bothered showing them last night. They're either going to show up as an independent entry at a competition or will show up at the studio with Kelly saying "I'm only doing this because my girls miss their friends"

Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,776,138 times
The new girl is stunning and the mom is so nice! Poor things

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
The new girl is stunning and the mom is so nice! Poor things

Totally agree!!! The new girl, Ally, is beautiful and a beautiful and graceful dancer!! She was amazing in the angels/demons dance. Her mom seems like a sweetie, too. I can't even imagine what she's going to have to tolerate with those witches and what they're going to do to her and her daughter!

Holly is disappointing me this season. Holly is a very intelligent, highly educated woman. She is playing into this "reality" crap and being someone she's not for the sake of "fame". Poor Nia. This is going to be a very bad influence on her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV