Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM

8,239 posts, read 10,752,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Well, here we go again! Started up again.

Abby's caked on makeup was horrendous! And she still thinks she's gods gift to the world of dance. Sigh.

And I'm sorry, but Brooke's singing is like listening to cats in heat going at it and I wish the show would stop focusing on it.

Same as it ever was.
This show used to be a staple in our house on Saturdays. The wife DVRed it religiously and then binged watched on the weekends. Just recently she told me to delete everything and take it out of the Series List
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,802,469 times
I agree … Abby, who already had an ego bigger than her rear end is now a full on narcissist.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,247,968 times
I thought Jill was sorta nice and sane until last night. She lied her butt off about the fight. Imo, it was totally Christie's fault. Like her or hate her, Leslie had every right in the world to fight back.

Wasn't it fake, fake, fake about the nice Christie leaving? Talk about planned, it couldn't have been more obvious. They shouldn't treat us as fools in situations like that.

I'm a Maddie fan and don't get the hate towards her. I think she's the best dancer and has the best work ethic. That girl lives and breathes dance, and I don't believe the others work as hard. She deserves to be treated better than ones who choose to slack off. I think there's a lot of Chole fans here and I'm not one of them. Nothing personal, but her legs have gotten so long, she looks awkward while dancing. I have to admit her mom is the most disgusting creature ever, so hope I'm not holding it against her.

Back to Maddie. If my kid wasn't as good as another, I wouldn't hold it against the teacher, her mom or the child. I feel so bad for her when she has to play down her wins and being at the top of the pyramid. I have boys who were in tons of sports, there were always kids better than mine and I never felt mine were shafted because the better players were given better positions or whatever. If Maddie acted stuck up I could see disliking her, but she seems very modest to me.

I have a hard time liking any of the moms, since all but Melissa has made fun of Abby's weight. I'm sorry, but that's wrong in my book, and was shocked when Holly joined in. I'm thin but cant stand people who make fun of someone overweight. To me its no different than making fun of someone who's black, brown, gay etc.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,752,576 times
One of the things that always drove me nuts about the show is that they show Abby screaming at the kids but not REALLY screaming at them. You would see Abby screaming and then cut to the kids looking sad and then cut back to Abby screaming and cut back to the kids looking sad. You never actually SAW her yelling at the kids. While I dont want kids screamed at I also dont want it to be so blatant how scripted it is.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Well. I seem to be losing interest in Dance Mom's. I just cannot imagine how a team functions with that level of animosity between the coach and the parents.

Why are Christie and Chloe still there? Seriously, I would find another dance studio IF any of what happens between them is real.

It's understandable, to a point, that Abby favors her star student - Maddie. But the level to which she does is something I quite haven't seen before.

And I've done time on my share of team sports.

If I had a daughter, I would encourage her to do something besides dance if this is really how it is.

Abby's ego is as big as the internet.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:00 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,152,949 times
I dislike the way abby lies constantly to certain parents . Yeah I dont like the way the moms bust on abbys weight . The one tall blonde christy I think her name is was saying "How she is obese in LA , well honey look at that nose of hers .does she actually think she is pretty and her daughter chloe has that same nose poor kid . Yeah some of those moms are horribly catty and I no longer choose to look at it because of the cattyness . I was a soccer coach and my two boys played on the team and we always had the one mom who brought sugary snacks and when asked not to do so , she screamed at me that a little sugar is not going to hurt any kid . well her kids were at least 20 lbs overweight and were always sweating with the least little exertion ....Then we had the other mom who never brought anything but veggies cuts and hummus , great lady but she was just the opposite skinny as a rail and the woman never had a bite of sugar at all .so you see it takes all kinds to make these moms what they are .

Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Am I the only one still watching this trainwreck?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,746,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I tried to watch it last night after not seeing it since 2 seasons ago. On some show, they kept showing when Kelly "slapped" Abby and pulled her hair. The way I see it is this: If you're going to slap someone KNOWING this person loves to call the police (as she has done in the past), make it a good one!!! Kelly barely touched her!!! And she should have smacked her again when she pulled her hair!

I see Maddie is still constipated with that same face in every dance she does.

I don't get it.... none of those girls are "great" dancers. They're good dancers, even above-average but they're not outstanding. The only reason they seem so is because they're on television and we're being told how superior they --- or at least Maddie --- is Sure, they do "acro" but none of that is dance; it's acrobatics. I know they have an "acro-dance" category in the endless competitions they go to, but acrobatics is NOT dance.

Speaking of competitions.... what is it with this studio that they go to all these competitions?? It costs a fortune between travel, hotels, meals, entry fees, etc (all of which the PARENTS pay) and they don't win anything other than a trophy and maybe $1K at the very most??? Ridiculous. I think Abby is doing it just to say she won first prize here, there, etc. to boost her credibility since she's not a great dance teacher (and her track record shows that ---- she's been in the business since she's 14 and has only had a handful of dancers on B'way and not even in lead roles; mainly just the background/ensemble dancers)

I won't be watching again. Abby is a nasty, vile woman who is abusing those children --- ALL of them, including her favorite, Maddie. I won't give her ratings.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,957,063 times
I watch it off and on and every time, I swear it will be my last. I don't care about Abby Lee Miller. She is an attention seeker and a legend in her own mind. What bothers me is that these mothers allow their daughters to be caught up in this disaster. No young girl should be talked to like these girls are or should be exposed to shouting (and more) by adults. Parents should shield their kids from harm, not exploit them for money

This is the only reality show that I know of that centers around children and I just don't think it is right.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,189,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

The last episode I watched was when Chloe had won 1st place at a competition but then Abby went to the judges to complain and supposedly it was somehow "a mistake" and Maddie should have actually won. I'm not even sure I sat through the whole episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV