Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times

Advertisements

This show has turned into a total farce. Abby is like a cartoon these days. The evil witch.

This show either needs to get back to some kind of normalacy OR go off the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,500,105 times
I have watched this show since the beginning. I have asked myself so many times why these mothers stay with Abby and put up with their children being treated the way they are. My guess is that obviously they want their children to be on a winning team. Candy Apples doesn't win nearly as much as Abby's group. I don't know how many dance studios are in the area, my guess is not many or I think these women would go elsewhere. They'd have to move away to go to some other famous studio. With the way Abby treats both the kids as well as the moms, it might be good for someone with a really good reputation in the dance arena to move to the Pittsburg area and scoop up some of these girls. Once the dance moms find a place that treats them and their children like human beings they would transfer once their yearly obligation to Abby expires.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have watched this show since the beginning. I have asked myself so many times why these mothers stay with Abby and put up with their children being treated the way they are. My guess is that obviously they want their children to be on a winning team. Candy Apples doesn't win nearly as much as Abby's group. I don't know how many dance studios are in the area, my guess is not many or I think these women would go elsewhere. They'd have to move away to go to some other famous studio. With the way Abby treats both the kids as well as the moms, it might be good for someone with a really good reputation in the dance arena to move to the Pittsburg area and scoop up some of these girls. Once the dance moms find a place that treats them and their children like human beings they would transfer once their yearly obligation to Abby expires.
Someone posted earlier that the contracts may have been multi-year contracts that they can't get out of.

And that most of the dancers no longer train at her studio but they show up for the filming to meet their contract requirements.

It's just a big farce.

I'm with ya though - my kid wouldn't still be there *unless* my kid were treated like Maddie!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,735,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Someone posted earlier that the contracts may have been multi-year contracts that they can't get out of.

And that most of the dancers no longer train at her studio but they show up for the filming to meet their contract requirements.

It's just a big farce.

I'm with ya though - my kid wouldn't still be there *unless* my kid were treated like Maddie!

From what another posted stated, Maddie's mother's boyfriend (now husband) bailed Abby's studio out of bankruptcy. That's the real reason Maddie gets all that attention and is always getting the fake "1st Place" awards at the competitions. Maddie is a good dancer. That's it. She's far from being "amazing" or "outstanding" or anything else. Abby gives her so much extra time, private lessons, etc. and then brags that Maddie learned her routine in 20 minutes. Please. Liar, liar, liar!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,119,790 times
A parent putting their child into this toxic situation should have that child removed from their care. It is child abuse...pure and simple. And to heck with the contracts. Any judge or jury would find in favor of the parent breaking the contract if shown just one episode of this horrid show during a trial.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:24 PM

74 posts, read 113,784 times
Actually no, ask Paige Hyland and her mother. They went to court to do just that, and the judge ruled against them. She will go far in modeling if she ever gets that going. Beautiful girl.

Chloe's the one to watch in the future, IMO. That little girl has something magical about her, and from what I understand she has improved by leaps and bounds now that she's out of Abby's clutches and away from Dance Moms. Can't wait to see what the future holds for her.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:10 AM

11,862 posts, read 5,839,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldUndeniable View Post
Actually no, ask Paige Hyland and her mother. They went to court to do just that, and the judge ruled against them. She will go far in modeling if she ever gets that going. Beautiful girl.

Chloe's the one to watch in the future, IMO. That little girl has something magical about her, and from what I understand she has improved by leaps and bounds now that she's out of Abby's clutches and away from Dance Moms. Can't wait to see what the future holds for her.

Actually emerald - if you go to previously TV forums - there is a dance moms discussion board and we post videos and articles often on what Chloe is up to. She is going to be in a movie and has danced for some videos - aka - Maddie - who aren't as well known as Sia at the moment but hopefully will be.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,338,623 times
Is anyone else watching this season?

Old 01-27-2016, 04:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,735,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Is anyone else watching this season?

I haven't watched this show in years. I could no longer watch Abby Lee Miller verbally abusing these children day after day.

I heard they are trying to turn this into a Broadway play with Rosie O'Donnell and Kristen Chenowith. Ugh. One show I will NOT attend!

Old 01-27-2016, 04:53 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,338,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I haven't watched this show in years. I could no longer watch Abby Lee Miller verbally abusing these children day after day.

I heard they are trying to turn this into a Broadway play with Rosie O'Donnell and Kristen Chenowith. Ugh. One show I will NOT attend!
I hear you on that! I've taken breaks at times because I was beyond frustrated at what these mothers are willing to subject their daughters to.

I tuned in this year because of all the legal/financial issues Abby is having and I have to admit it's like a payoff for watching. She's a hot mess! And she just like walked off the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV