Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,022,952 times

Advertisements

No more Apolo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times
We all can agree Kelly's attitude makes her not likable but I don't think her dancing is that great either to remain in the competition. I'll give Val credit he is a beast on the dance floor but his personal actions are very immature for being a professional.

At least my top 2 are still in it.

Paula was embarassing to watch she is/was a much better dancer & choreographer than she showed tonight. It was quite ridiculous her performance we felt in my house tonight. She needs to come to grips she is a woman in her 50s and her fame in the 80s was t-h-i-r-t-y years ago 30 Paula. None of us can do the things we did 30 years ago.

Derek's contemporary dance rocked!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Well, this is kind of interesting........

I hadn't gotten around to watching last night's show, so I decided to do that a few minutes ago.

I pulled it up at the site that I always watch it at and I noticed that they already have tonight's result show available - and it hasn't even shown on t.v. here on the west coast yet.

I just always assumed the shows weren't available on-line until they had been shown on commercial t.v. first.

Learn something new every day, I guess.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,143,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I thought it done when there were 8 finalist.
Aw heck, I can't remember! LoL!

And Boo hoo on
Spoiler
Apollo!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I actually liked it in the first season or so when so many stars seemed to start out with two left feet. The problem there was that they were unevenly matched with stars who seemed to have taken lessons in preparation. It was fun watching them lie about not having had lessons, as though they just fell out of the womb with such immense talent.
I think thre has been a general increase in ability as the stars are now taking intensive dance lessons for several months before the first show. If they really can't do it, if the two left feet and unsolvable, better to know and duck out in time. They still aren't up to the level of the pro's but they at least start off with something a lot more interesting.

I just hope they do something about the favoritism, and limiting the audience voting to say one more judge would give the audience a say but not the wallop it has now.

This season has been awesome, though. It is interesting that none of the returned finalists are the ones they finally quit slipping in a few years ago who dance on stage as part of their act and already came in with an advantage.

I ended up watching Monday online since I mistakenly ended pause live tv, and as much as babbling brooke is annoying, the ads were moreso. Didn't even show their scores.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
While I appreciate the show venturing out to try new things, this "other" stuff doesn't work for me, either. It's just so corny and cheesey.

I also feel that it must be somewhat strange to artists who specialize in these other dances. I wouldn't like it if I worked all my life in a banghra style, then someone threw something together in a week on national TV. I know it's all in fun, but sometimes I think it diminishes the kind of skill that goes into something like that. Gawd, I sound like a snob, and I don't mean it that way.

I still love the show, and I will watch it until it no longer exists.
I think the reason for the new dances is to test their adaptability. It's one thing for the celeb to learn something new the pro already does, but when its something utterly unfamiliar to both its a very good measure of their flexability. The pros also do much more than ballroom in their other jobs, so expanding it into more a world of dance over just ballroom works for me.

But... and I the only one who just can't STAND hip hop????? Ugh.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
I wasn't excited about most of the mish-mash dances but I did like the Bhangra. It was delightfully weird! I don't think anybody but a gymnast could have pulled it off so well though, with all the flailing around. Shawn did great, kept it under control, and (as the others noted) she was finally out of breath from a routine - that tells me how intense it was.

Val, Val, Val was that really necessary? I'm really surprised Len didn't comment on his - uh - costume. Or lack of it. Kelly looked overdressed. Betcha Maks had something to say to Val after the dance.

That was sweet, what Tony said up in the BrookBurkeBox. About how there was no way he was letting Melissa down after she had danced through a neck injury, and he wanted to let America see how good she really is. Now THAT's a good relationship. And he didn't even have to get nekkid!

Double elimination tonight, right? I'm hoping to see KellyVal go tonight, but I'm afraid it will be Emmet and Apollo.
After Val's ugh, costume, I have a suggestion for a new rule. One of the long established rules at the mascarade, the costume contest held at conventions, is simple. Wearing nothing is not a costume. Maybe someone should suggest a similar rule before we get competition for the speedos.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
What's up with Paula Abdul's performances tonight? Are the cartoon characters that entertaining? I found them very distracting. She's a pretty good choreographer but I think that was a disaster.
^^^Same here. It also looked like she was lip synching too.

I thought Kelly would've been one of them to go home along with Emmit, but I was wrong.

I still hope Melissa and Shawn end up 1&2.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:55 AM

126,303 posts, read 19,083,256 times
What a night! I thought Emmett and Kelly would go home. Hope to see Melissa and Shawn battling it out! Melissa should win!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM

5,595 posts, read 15,395,389 times
I've always thought of Melissa's dance talent as a virtual reincarnation of Rita Hayworth in the 1940s (Cover Girl, Gilda, Down To Earth, etc.). She appears naturally confident and fluid in every performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV