Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 09:40 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Just wondering, did anyone notice Martha in last week's episode? It was during that scene in the Russian grocery. She had a headscarf on and was looking for something on one of the shelves. Wonder what they plan to do with her character?
Yeah I saw her. Just figured she was going to be re-introduced to the plot. Good laugh on all of us if she is never seen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 10:14 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,991,966 times
My husband laughed so hard at that scene.
he said "the grocery stores were never like that. No one read the labels of food..you were happy with any unopened can of anything.
Till we saw it was MARTHA!!!
THEN YES, SHE would be reading the cans of food like that.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,116,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Great episode of The Americans this week!

It was interesting to see how Philip & Elizabeth had completely different levels of success with their efforts in getting close to the scientists in Kansas. Philip had to struggle to even get that female scientist to talk to him in the gym....conversely, Elizabeth set it up so that the male scientist would go after her (after she pretended to be clumsy in the health food store - LOL) & didn't have to put forth much effort in getting him to continue his pursuit - very true to life

I'm 50/50 on whether on not the Laurie Holden character (Stan's new girlfriend) is a spy; if so, obviously, Philip & Elizabeth are unaware of her...which means nothing, because obviously they wouldn't be aware of her, even if she were a spy. I question all of the new characters on this show, given that it is a cold war drama. That being said, I suspected Father Tim & his wife as being spies several seasons ago, and then it turned out that they weren't; and were actually exactly who they appeared to be. So, who knows?!

Philip's long-lost son Misha
Spoiler
coming to find Philip in the U.S. will set all sorts of alarm bells if he actually tracks Philip down & starts looking for him in the neighborhood - and if Stan notices this. Obviously, Philip really wouldn't be able to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why his long-lost son is Russian. And, even if Elizabeth/Philip get Misha into the house before Stan notices, they will have a lot of explaining to do to their kids (especially Henry).

I was just telling my husband I thought stans new gf is a plant or a spy LOL ....what better way to get info on someone than introduce them to someone and get them dating ...yep I guess we shall see . why are we all so suspicious of someone new ? because we have seen this happen too many times on shows like this right ?

Old 04-02-2017, 09:25 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,179,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Just wondering, did anyone notice Martha in last week's episode? It was during that scene in the Russian grocery. She had a headscarf on and was looking for something on one of the shelves. Wonder what they plan to do with her character?
Yes, it was interesting to see her - I could swear that she was written off the show the way she left last season. Very sad character; the way she was betrayed by Philip was quite hard to see. Whether we'll ever see her again - who knows?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I was just telling my husband I thought stans new gf is a plant or a spy LOL ....what better way to get info on someone than introduce them to someone and get them dating ...yep I guess we shall see . why are we all so suspicious of someone new ? because we have seen this happen too many times on shows like this right ?
The more I think about this, it really seems like she is a spy. I mean, let's face it - she's way out of Stan's league. I find it unlikely that a drop-dead gorgeous blonde like her would be into him. But, stranger things have happened in real life...

Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 PM

Good episode of The Americans this past week.

I'm not surprised that Paige broke up with Matthew Beeman. I could tell she was never really that into him. It's obvious that her parents are relieved about this.

I'm still on the fence about Stan Beeman's new gf (Laurie Holden) re: whether or not she's a spy assigned to get close to Stan. When Philip asked Gabriel about this, Gabriel said he didn't think so, but that he wasn't sure - since "the center" wouldn't tell him if they knew anyway. There are so many layers of secrecy in this series that it's unclear if Gabriel is lying or definitely doesn't know the answer. I.e., I would not be surprised if she was a spy & Gabriel knew it but didn't want to tell Philip for whatever reason; or, she's a spy but maybe Gabriel genuinely didn't know because the center hadn't told him.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:48 PM

my money is on yeah stans gf is a spy . sorry to see Gabriel go but time marches on .

Old 04-22-2017, 03:59 PM

7,683 posts, read 5,543,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my money is on yeah stans gf is a spy . sorry to see Gabriel go but time marches on .
I suspect she's CIA, investigating Stan's protection of his Russian source who is now in Moscow. If that's true, she probably eventually will become suspicious of Stan's neighbors, which will lead to their eventual exposure next season.

Edited to add: Maybe not CIA but another U.S. agency as I guess the CIA is not allowed to operate in the U.S.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:44 PM

Yes, this absolutely makes sense; I agree. Again, I don't buy that she just ran into Stan @ the gym and they started dating because he she was into him. Very unlikely.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I suspect she's CIA, investigating Stan's protection of his Russian source who is now in Moscow. If that's true, she probably eventually will become suspicious of Stan's neighbors, which will lead to their eventual exposure next season.

Edited to add: Maybe not CIA but another U.S. agency as I guess the CIA is not allowed to operate in the U.S.

Now see that did not even dawn on me that might be the case . wow you should be a writer for tv seriously .

Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,077,441 times
Am less than enthralled this season. Some scenes move so slowly and the dialogue is so limited that I could fall asleep. Especially between Paige and Elizabeth. They stare at each other before a word is spoken. Seems like the writers went on vacation and did not follow through on many of last year's episodes. I even turned it off before the ending this week. JMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV