Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 12:15 PM

35,064 posts, read 57,171,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
There were a couple of other things that confused me in that episode as well:

- why did Philip have the discussion with Paige about her boyfriend before making decision to stay and face possible prison or flee? That like having a discussion about vacuuming when one's house may be burning. The discussion was pointless if they fled.

- why the repeated shots of Elisabeth at the window?
Yeah, I thought that was odd too. There was no discussion of them staying or leaving. I thought that when Stan greeted Phillip with a big smile that Phillip would realize the FBI did not have anything on them. Something seemed to be missing there. Anyway, I did not care for the ending. Thought it could have wrapped things up a bit neater or set up a big cliffhanger. It seemed to not do either. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,092,580 times
So I get my lunch all ready and then sit down to watch the recorded "The Americans" on Playstationvue. What the ??? No recording. Nada. Nothing. Some older woman talking about Taichen exercise.

I tried several times and then had to break down and pay to see the last episode. I didn't think it was that great, but, I am addicted to this program, so what else is new?

Old 06-09-2016, 01:01 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,946,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Thought it could have wrapped things up a bit neater or set up a big cliffhanger. It seemed to not do either. Jay
Right. It wasn't like a big end to a story arc, nor was it a big cliffhanger. It was just like the end of any usual episode, like it's just going to be back next week.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:02 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,182,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So I get my lunch all ready and then sit down to watch the recorded "The Americans" on Playstationvue. What the ??? No recording. Nada. Nothing. Some older woman talking about Taichen exercise.

I tried several times and then had to break down and pay to see the last episode. I didn't think it was that great, but, I am addicted to this program, so what else is new?
That Taichen woman is an operative and Elizabeth is planning to kill her. Keep watching it!

Old 06-09-2016, 02:35 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,703,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
There were a couple of other things that confused me in that episode as well:

- why did Philip have the discussion with Paige about her boyfriend before making decision to stay and face possible prison or flee? That like having a discussion about vacuuming when one's house may be burning. The discussion was pointless if they fled.

- why the repeated shots of Elisabeth at the window?

I think the theme of the next season or two will be the FBI neighbor's investigation getting closer and closer to Elizabeth and Phillip. Everything is closing in on the couple and one of them will balk at dragging the kids to Russia. Anything is better than the chemical warfare theme.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:57 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,946,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I think the theme of the next season or two will be the FBI neighbor's investigation getting closer and closer to Elizabeth and Phillip. Everything is closing in on the couple and one of them will balk at dragging the kids to Russia. Anything is better than the chemical warfare theme.
Right, and Phillip's Russian son will be in the US, but since he is anti-Soviet government, will he sabotage Phillip and Elizabeth's work? At least he'll probably show up on their doorstep.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,256,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post

Just a few posts above yours, I posted this warning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
WARNING!! Double check your TiVos and DVRs, and make sure Wednesday night's episode, Persona non grata, is set to record.

For some unknown reason, many cable systems are not recording the proper episode this week. I know for me, both DirecTV and Comcast Houston (via TiVo) were NOT set to record. Lot of buzz about this online.

It was set to record some 30 minute show at 5am (labeled The Americans), not the usual Wed evening hour long episode. And this is the season finale, you really don't want to miss it!

Old 06-10-2016, 02:24 AM

17,648 posts, read 22,697,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yeah...but I kind of wish they'd killed off Martha instead of Nina.
In Reality, Nina & Martha are working at a strip joint in Moscow.....

Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,999,994 times
Damn we missed it!!!!@

Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,547,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
In Reality, Nina & Martha are working at a strip joint in Moscow.....
Okay, enough. Do you really want to see Martha on stage? And what would the customers tip with, food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV