Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,814,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Congrats!!!!!!
I agree!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,245,351 times
Very good ending.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,281,726 times
It's been another great season guys! See you next season.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,223,224 times

Doin my happy dance

Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,223,224 times
NOW on to SYTYCD

Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 PM

44,713 posts, read 61,938,081 times
We enjoyed the show tonight, one of the better ones for sure. Ally got screwed, she should've at least got 3rd place. Jacoby, 3 tens, what a joke, maybe 8's but his foot stompin' on the bugs dance was not even par with the other 2. I believe it was a PC setup so mommy wouldn't have a hissy fit and ruin the show.
Loved Wynonna's song, one of my favorites, she did it good and it looked as if she shed quite a few pounds too.
The pro dancers, my favorites, were spectacular as usual. Nice to see Dorothy and Kristi together.
I'm satisfied that Kelly won, thought she would and she deserved it. Zendaya being 2nd was right where she should be, felt sorry for Ally.
That's my take, your may differ...

Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,883,941 times
With the exception of switching third and fourth things wrapped up on a high note.

Kelly really is well paired with Derek and the two of them did work and it showed.

I live in Oakland and was really glad to see Zendaya in the finals... Have to say this is the first time Val impressed me... everything that was aired showed he really stepped up and that he can have a softer side.

Every time I drive by the public school Zendaya attended here I think of how far she has come...

My best wish for her is to keep developing her talent and don't let success spoil you which is easier said than done...

All in all a very good season from someone that mostly tuned in to see how the hometown girl would do in front of a national audience and she did us proud...

Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,605,317 times
I was over-the-top thrilled with Kellie's win. I was woo-hooing at the top of my voice, clapping, stomping and high-fiving my shadow when they announced the winner. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy. I thought Aly got screwed and Jacoby got more than he deserved. I was never a fan of Zendaya's, so I was hoping she'd go to 4th with Aly 2nd, and Jacoby 3rd, but I knew she wouldn't. I was honestly afraid she'd win, but after Derek and Kellie's freestyle, and the overwhelming approval they got in social media, I thought they might have the fan support to put them at the top.

I personally think Derek is a genius choreographer. His revolving room, Monday's dance with Kellie to name a couple, but the guy is amazing. I loved when Len told Kellie she was as good as Julianne Hough, and that she and Derek has a wonderful chemistry.

Derek Hough on Life After 'Stars': 'I Want to Do It All' - ABC News

I'll be interested to see what changes are coming in the fall (that Brooke alluded to) besides cutting back to just Mondays. And I hope Derek decides to give it one more year.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,605,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What a great dance by Andy and Sharna! I sure have missed him.

How come Ingo is in the audience and not dancing?

WTH is this PSY??? Why is his crotch down to his knees???
PSY is the guy who first sang "Gangum (sp?) Style", and does a Pistachio nuts commercial. I think he's South Korean. I wondered the same thing about his trousers.

I also was stunned (happily) when Kristi showed up next to Dorothy. they were beautiful together! All in all, the finale was pretty spectacular.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,336,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
She's already a successful actress on one of those Disney kid TV series and has apparently appeared in a couple of TV movies and made guest appearances on a couple of other TV shows, so she is well on her way along the same path as other Disney kids like Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britany Spears, Fergie (from the Black Eyed Peas), Hillary Duff, Miley Cyrus & Selina Gomez. It's unlikely that adults have seen much of her (and didn't know who she was) but she's a rising star among young folks.

Having the abiity to dance well really adds to her "marketablity" and can open the door for roles in musical/dance movies - which have been making a comeback (not necessarily geared towards older audiences but those such as "Step It Up" etc - which are geared towards the youth crowd).

Ken
By and large I'm unimpressed with any of the above list, and a considerable number have had difficulties when they are no longer so cute and there are younger and more cute competition. She is a compitant dancer but I don't see any real artisty in her dancing. I think it would have been much better if she'd done something with more classic dance IN HEELS for her dance of choice, not gone back to hiphop. I fast forward through hip hop.

Her dancing is technically good but I see no artisty in it. Compare that to Kelli and the difference is immense. Kelli pushed herself hard but she sells her dances emotionally. The disney girl never did. When she is past the age for these musical/dance movies she will need to be able to do more than bounce.

I think if she is doing a traditional dance and all the other women wear heels she should to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV