Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 AM

4,357 posts, read 4,756,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Did anyone else hear that Val and Zendaya had a "hissy fit" and didn't show up at the party afterwards?? I heard they went straight to NY.
Uh, I guess they were having a hissy fit on the plane along with with Kellie, Derek, Karena, Jacobi, Ally, Mark, Tpm, Louie and Chealsie. They all took the overnight redeye to New York to be on good morning America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'm sure they could find someone old enough without dance experience if they must. The Goo Goo Doll started out weeks ahead even if she didn't work primarily as a dancer and while there have been singers I don't recall anyone who extensively used rehersed dance in their concerts. A LOT of people complained.

I also think some of the dances with fifteen/sixteen year old girls and adult men are strictly NOT in good taste so they need a minimum age limit. And I'm sure there are Disney stars out there which would qualify and not be dancers as well.

If kids think its okay for a sixteen year old to be doing very sexual moves with a 30 year old guy there is something very very wrong going on here.
I'm confused, you keep referencing the Goo Goo Dolls and "she". There is no she in the Goo Goo Dolls, it's an all male band.

Kellie Pickler has dance experience. Maybe not as extensive as Zendaya's but she's done choreography. She may have been dancing half her life but she is only 16. One could argue that someone like Dorothy Hamilton may actually have more experience with dance (as it is absolutely utilized with figure skating) than Zendaya due to the number of years she's skated. Honestly I think it's a petty complaint, she wasn't trained in ballroom dancing and had her own struggles picking it up.

If the dance was too provocative we fast forward. The show goes after my daughters bedtime so we typically watched it the next day. This was applicable for any dance, not just Zendaya's. Zendaya's parents were there, if they felt a dance was too inappropriate they had the ability to say something. However if they're ok with their daughter dancing like that then it's not my problem and its not my place to judge.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
My oldest daughter has three daughters, ages 13, 11 and 9 and they love Zendaya, but my daughter wouldn't let them watch DWTS because she thought it was inappropriate for them to see Zendaya dancing provacatively with a 30 year old man. My daughter lets the kids watch "Shake It Up", but drew the line at DWTS. They have been able to watch DWTS in other seasons because their althlete idols are adults dancing with adults; like Shawn Johnson, Sabrina Bryan, Nicole Sherzinger, Kristi Yamaguchi, Apolo Ono, etc. So, maybe not all parents are letting their kids watch DWTS and the Disney Darlings might not draw in as many tweens and teens as we think.

What I don't get is, who do Cloris Leachman, Buzz Aldrin, Florence Henderson and other "seniors" draw in? Definitely not me, and I have an AARP card...
My daughter is 8, if I deem a dance to sexual I fast forward. Who it is or what their age is doesn't matter to me, if the dance is inappropriate she doesn't see it. Yes, there have been episodes we watched in 10 minutes but I control what my kid sees.

Since I had never watched the show before I had no idea Nicole Sherzinger had been on it. She has way more dance experience than Zendaya.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 AM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree. After his moving-rooms performance, I posted that anyone who previously didnt agree Derek was a choreography genius should then have no doubt.

I understand how people can think he acts "too special". But the truth is that he is too special. He's heads-and-shoulders above anyone else on that show. I love watching his choreography and his dancing and will miss him terribly when he leaves. But he's too good to remain on that show.

I agree with the above. Indeed, if DWTS comes out with a "Best of Derek" DVD, I shall be first in line.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 AM

8,239 posts, read 10,771,816 times
We should probably be clear on one thing. Zendaya is the only under 18 Disney "kid" they have had. Roshon was 20, Chelsie Kane was 22, and Kyle Massey was 19.

That said, I dont expect them to stop and in fact fully expect to see Bella Thorne on next. I am sure Disney dictates at least one of their stars be involved as much as they can.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 AM

8,239 posts, read 10,771,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree with the above. Indeed, if DWTS comes out with a "Best of Derek" DVD, I shall be first in line.
Except I think he is one reason (among many) that ratings are down. As good as he is - and I am a huge fan of his - why are people going to continue tune in if he is going to win every season?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 AM

5,123 posts, read 16,645,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Except I think he is one reason (among many) that ratings are down. As good as he is - and I am a huge fan of his - why are people going to continue tune in if he is going to win every season?
Because, regardless of who wins, he's a wonderful dancer/choreographer and joy to watch. He's the reason I watch. I watch DWTS for the entertainment factor and not necessarily for the competition.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,295,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Uh, I guess they were having a hissy fit on the plane along with with Kellie, Derek, Karena, Jacobi, Ally, Mark, Tpm, Louie and Chealsie. They all took the overnight redeye to New York to be on good morning America.
No need for head smackin'. Just saying what I heard.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,816,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I'm confused, you keep referencing the Goo Goo Dolls and "she". There is no she in the Goo Goo Dolls, it's an all male band.
True. Nicole was in the Pussycat Dolls. Big difference.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,556,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Because, regardless of who wins, he's a wonderful dancer/choreographer and joy to watch. He's the reason I watch. I watch DWTS for the entertainment factor and not necessarily for the competition.

Agreed -- although, for me, the competition is part of the entertainment factor. I so enjoyed being enchanted by Andy this season and rooting for him not to be sent home every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV