Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Talk about a cliff hanger, how dare they end last nights show at that juncture? Now we have to wait an entire week to find out about the guy in the last scene.
Think we have to wait 2 weeks, because of the Super Bowl, it will not air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
Looked like he/she was wearing a face mask/snorkel, might have just got out of the pond/pool...

Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What do you think the deal is with 2012 Kohl? At first I thought he was a prisoner, but now? I don't know?
I think he's back to undercover work and is stuck in his cover identity because he can't cope with is personal reality.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
You can see him on the clip on the website...he's carrying a machete.

True Detective | HBO==

Old 01-28-2014, 12:49 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I think he's back to undercover work and is stuck in his cover identity because he can't cope with is personal reality.
nahhhhh, do ya think? I mean, he looks like he's lost his soul....he looks way out there, I'm thinking a hospital for the mentally ill? but, wait, I'm wrong, they wouldn't be giving him beer? You may be right?

I think both of them, are supurb actors....Wow, they are both something...it's a shame this isn't going to be a series...I've got to go back and watch the 3rd one again....

Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 PM

431 posts, read 930,547 times
Favorite new series this year. Acting and story line are topnotch, like mentioned too bad we only get 8 episodes.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
tmozer Hmmm. Interesting..... I think I will watch episode 1 again before Sunday. Based on your observations I believe I missed some things.

Unless I can figure out how to turn on close captioning for HBO-Go on the Roku, I think I will watch on my PC. I am missing a lot of the dialog.......

I believe this weekend, I'm going to watch all 3 again, the dialogue runs quickly, and I want to catch more, as mentally, I just wasn't all together awake to consentrate on it as much as I should.

Yanno, there for awhile, there was nothing on TV, for years, except stupid reality shows, that encouraged individualism and gossip...and the low lifes of America, like Jerry Springer shows, etc.

Now all of a sudden, (and a cohort and I were discussing this) now there are many shows on TV, that challenge people to think, and really focus and pay attention, stimulate the minds again, and slowly I believe these shows are letting people know, what the real world is like out there. Don't get me wrong, there are still a whole lot of good people, but one day, maybe, people will start to ask questions....

1. Why is there so much crime out there

2. Why is there so much greed

3. Why are people so corrupt, including our government?

Maybe they will figure out, when you break down laws and moral behavior, all things become chaotic...and there is a trickle down effect...when you open a can of worms, it may take a while, but all things and people are affected by one decission, which branches out into other areas of law and moral behavior. That is why rules are very important, sometimes they may seem unfair, but they are there for a reason....and our country today, breaks laws for convenience...

So, hopefully, all these things will once again start to dawn on people as they watch these shows? Maybe not, but one can only hope...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
nahhhhh, do ya think? I mean, he looks like he's lost his soul....he looks way out there, I'm thinking a hospital for the mentally ill? but, wait, I'm wrong, they wouldn't be giving him beer? You may be right?
They mentioned in an earlier episode that he was previously a deep undercover narcotics agent. He has hallucinations as a result of the drug use during that period of his life. When narcotics agents go undercover, they fully assume their new identity. Maybe he went back into undercover work after solving this crime. They plucked him from there to question him. He's not an actor. He can't turn it off or on. Even if he could, it's safer to stay in character because he'll have to go back to his cover. But I think he has become his undercover identity because he can't live with his real identity---the man who killed his daughter because he was drunk. That's why he doesn't drink in the earlier years. Now he's drinking again.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:07 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,853,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
They mentioned in an earlier episode that he was previously a deep undercover narcotics agent. He has hallucinations as a result of the drug use during that period of his life. When narcotics agents go undercover, they fully assume their new identity. Maybe he went back into undercover work after solving this crime. They plucked him from there to question him. He's not an actor. He can't turn it off or on. Even if he could, it's safer to stay in character because he'll have to go back to his cover. But I think he has become his undercover identity because he can't live with his real identity---the man who killed his daughter because he was drunk. That's why he doesn't drink in the earlier years. Now he's drinking again.
I didn't get from what I've seen that he was back undercover. I have been assuming he was out of police work, just sitting in his little place behind the bar deteriorating. But what you say could be true, too.

And these two guys that are questioning them ~~ are they going back and forth on the same day/time frame to question both Cohle and Hart? Or are these both separate question sessions? And, thinking about that, it does seem like Cohle is in an interrogation room while Hart is in one of the offices in the department.

The "monster" in the end shot is wearing a gas mask, carrying a machete, and looks like he's wearing tighty whities and possibly boots. Lots of tattoos, I almost thought the one on his left arm looked a lot like Cohle's, but Cohle's is on the other arm, I believe.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
The "monster" in the end shot is wearing a gas mask, carrying a machete, and looks like he's wearing tighty whities and possibly boots. Lots of tattoos, I almost thought the one on his left arm looked a lot like Cohle's, but Cohle's is on the other arm, I believe.
He's a meth cooker. Think Walter White in Breaking Bad wearing his tighty whities and a gas mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV