Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,555,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
totally not understanding anyone's game play this season.
Me too, Pip. Not digging it, not understanding it, not liking it.

I actually fell asleep during tribal. I had to replay to see who got voted off. Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Was a little ticked about the huge bag of rice given oh I'm not even going to do the calculations at a cup a day per person.

Didn't notice nail polish but I am sick of all this lovey dovey stuff going on with the couples. That is not cool or needed besides being a constant reminder that some of their loved ones are already gone. We are adults playing a game leave the kissy face to when you go home. That is bothering me more than anything this season because it is a freaking camp instead of Survivor.

I know a lot of you don't like puzzle after puzzle but I did like the blindfolded one.
Yup. That's what I have been harping on all along. It's why this is the last time I will ever watch another "Blood vs Water" show. That theme plus the fact that the one side refuses to play the game as survivors, the ones that ate all the rice, stayed stronger because of it and possibly won all the challenges for that reason has ruined this season for me.

No matter who wins, I don't think this game was ever fair.

I wonder, has "Survivor" jumped the shark?

Old 10-30-2014, 04:05 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,664,842 times
I dislike Missy, but she's been playing an appropriately winning selfish and devious game. Is her social game as good?

Keith and his son whatsis may be the sleepers of the season. They work, the son is good at challenges, they're lying pretty low. I see both of them going far.

Now that the Indian girl is seperated from her sister I kind of like her. She's too vocal to make it to the end, though, I think.

And I still like the "loved one" couples format, because it adds a second dimension to the alliance formation.

As long as people enjoy seeing people form/break up alliances in pretty locations without too much yelling I think Survivor can keep on keeping on for a good long time. They just need to cast interesting/dramatic characters. That's probably what's been wrong with this season so far - there are no clear supervillains or heroes for whom to root.

I AM sick of the puzzles, though. They need a new crew person to think up new forms of challenges.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:23 PM

12,072 posts, read 5,963,966 times
I actually like the puzzle challenge this week but would much prefer that the whole team has to play because then you se who the winners and losers are. This way you might have a player who hasn't done much physically and been protected by their significant other win the million - that isn't Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

I agree that I like Natalie better now that her sister is gone - I despised the 2 of them on the Amazing Race with all their chitter chatter but I can handle one at a time.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I can't understand why they voted out the single guy rather than breaking up Jon and Jacqueline or Missy and Baylor. Maybe since we only see what producers want us to see, we're being manipulated into hating Missy, feeling sorry for Dale, and so on, but really wish Missy had gone home.
I suppose because both couples already had Dale against them, neither of them wanted another single against them come merge.

If ever a season needed some excitement at the merge, this is it.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:48 PM

17,663 posts, read 22,758,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Me too, Pip. Not digging it, not understanding it, not liking it.

I actually fell asleep during tribal. I had to replay to see who got voted off. Yawn.
I dozed off before it even started. "Family Feud" was on....

Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I was wondering why they didn't spend the time after their tarp was taken to try to reinforce/better rain-proof the roof instead of sitting around hoping it wouldn't rain.
I was thinking the same thing. They are just lazy. Of course they can only make Survivor approved shelters with open camera access, not the best for keeping warm.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,251,926 times
Seems Dimples kind of dug the rice deal.

'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on that controversial rice trade | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 11-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Eating all your rice so you can stay strong to win the challenges is NOT a fair strategy. I always thought the rice was just a supplement to whatever else they found to eat in their environment but that they were expected to find food for themselves. Along the way there would be food rewards so everyone would have the opportunity for more food and gain more strength. For me, that was one of the most intersting parts of "Survivor."

So now what if in the coming seasons we get two tribes who eat all their rice and then bargain for more? Jeff you have opened up a strange can of worms here.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:59 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

So now what if in the coming seasons we get two tribes who eat all their rice and then bargain for more? Jeff you have opened up a strange can of worms here.
I agree! It could become a strategy for future seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV