Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 07:31 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
because one can't just willingly withhold food and allow someone to starve. I don't care what documents they signed.
I can't believe that Naked and Afraid has better lawyers than Survivor does. Just make it a struggle like it was in earlier seasons. It seems like all they have to worry about now is a couple cold rainy nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 08:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,551,485 times
Whatever the impact the rice situation has it does not look good if new rules are not applied. I just cannot not see this ever being allowed to happen again because of all the potential problems we have talked about. Of course the producers have seen them as well. If they put the survivors on an island where they know food can be found, they can always tell them to go forth and forage because the rice they get is the only rice they will have for the entire game. Giving this team rice because some members were stupid could set a bad precedent.

I thought Jeremy should have spoken up that he was against getting more rice. It's possible he did and it was edited out but if he didn't he should have.

When you compare these contestants to some of the ones in past seasons where they were at in the game, I don't think they really were at the point of starvation. There was always the possibility of a food reward and in fact one did come their way so they lost their comfort items for nothing.

I think these have to be some of the dumbest players in the history of "Survivor." That's after you add up the not-so-bright conceited big mouths who have been blindsided. Then there were those who probably should have been voted out like the rice gorgers. I would have voted out those who gobbled up the rice to begin with. What's to stop them from eating up the new supply?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,249,478 times
When they get ousted to exile island for 2-3 days there is no rice they must fend for themselves right? So I don't get the big idea of them asking for more rice. The only thing we can come up with discussing it here at my home is there are a lot of millennium generation on this season. They do tend to expect things given more than earned in real life so why would they bring that attitude any differently to play Survivor?

Now I'm not saying ALL millennium 'generationers' are this way but a great many are around my parts.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
When they get ousted to exile island for 2-3 days there is no rice they must fend for themselves right? So I don't get the big idea of them asking for more rice. The only thing we can come up with discussing it here at my home is there are a lot of millennium generation on this season. They do tend to expect things given more than earned in real life so why would they bring that attitude any differently to play Survivor?

Now I'm not saying ALL millennium 'generationers' are this way but a great many are around my parts.
Missy isn't a millennium generationer and she appeared to be the greediest eater but I think most of the rest who gobbled up the rice were. Did they ever give us a rundown on just who besides her were the culprits? Maybe Jeff should have isolated those people and just made them do without the comforts rather than punish those people like Jeremy or the new tribe members who hadn't been so greedy.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:10 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,607,234 times
I wish those like Jeremy who got punished because of someone else's greediness will step up after the merge and make a real effort to oust Missy, Baylor and the ones who didn't ration the rice. They shouldn't be "Survivors" since they seemed to be well fed. Get the moochers out and make a real competition.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:34 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,249,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I actually like the puzzle challenge this week but would much prefer that the whole team has to play because then you se who the winners and losers are. This way you might have a player who hasn't done much physically and been protected by their significant other win the million - that isn't Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

I agree that I like Natalie better now that her sister is gone - I despised the 2 of them on the Amazing Race with all their chitter chatter but I can handle one at a time.

Do you think maybe Natalie volunteered to go to Exile Island with Baylor because Natalie knows there is a Hidden Idol Clue there? ....instead of out of the goodness of her heart. lol

Old 11-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Do you think maybe Natalie volunteered to go to Exile Island with Baylor because Natalie knows there is a Hidden Idol Clue there? ....instead of out of the goodness of her heart. lol
Very possible.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,249,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I think she is trying to hook up with a couple because singles are probably going to be picked off one by one from here out.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,848,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I think she is trying to hook up with a couple because singles are probably going to be picked off one by one from here out.
yep.
Hopefully she has zero chance of winning. Can't stand her.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,848,406 times
oh oh...........Jeff hates a quitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV