Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 02:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,482,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
Ya that ^^^ really creeped me out. When he stated that anyone who gets a tattoo on their face has problems, I was thinking any grown adult who brings his mother into every conversation has more problems.
Yes, you notice how quickly he brought in the story of his hard life and his sister etc into the picture? He thinks that justifies his disgusting behavior towards women? I have met men like him, they want to keep women in the proverbial state of "barefoot and pregnant." I would have loved to have seen him and Shirrin on the same tribe.

Women as angels? No thanks, Rodney, women as people.

Dan's game of listening and pretending to agree and/or care reminded me of a scene in "The Big Band Theory" where Amy pulls the same thing on Sheldon. News flash for Dan, he didn't invent this idea. Women have been doing this as well as men for centuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evH3bzkKj4c

Last edited by Minervah; 03-19-2015 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: added video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 03:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,225,740 times
Rodney represents the worst (almost) in "our" state. He sounds like he is from one of the smaller cities like Southie or Dorchester, etc. He and Boston Rob have the same accent. Most people from Massachusetts do not sound like that. Very regional. He is an embarrassment to me at least. Rob at least never made me feel embarrassed.

Loved the blindside! Loved Shirin's face. Poor Kelly. So right, Rx, no checking of the pupils?? Poor, poor medical treatment. Russell Swan was ever so lucky to come back to life that season. SMH.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:06 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Rodney represents the worst (almost) in "our" state. He sounds like he is from one of the smaller cities like Southie or Dorchester, etc. He and Boston Rob have the same accent. Most people from Massachusetts do not sound like that. Very regional. He is an embarrassment to me at least. Rob at least never made me feel embarrassed.

Loved the blindside! Loved Shirin's face. Poor Kelly. So right, Rx, no checking of the pupils?? Poor, poor medical treatment. Russell Swan was ever so lucky to come back to life that season. SMH.
That is so true. I have relatives from Peabody. No one sounds like that. LOL I was thinking Southie too. It's comical to hear though, almost like a cartoon character.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:23 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,406,848 times
Southie is becoming very yuppified, he would be a moron there too.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:17 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,583,653 times
I have friends from Marshfield/Rexhame and I can barely understand him, yet she hardly has an accent at all, and they're both natives. He calls me Mahcy...

Last edited by Marcy1210; 03-20-2015 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-20-2015, 07:44 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,224,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

Dan's game of listening and pretending to agree and/or care reminded me of a scene in "The Big Band Theory" where Amy pulls the same thing on Sheldon. News flash for Dan, he didn't invent this idea. Women have been doing this as well as men for centuries.
]
It might have interested some of his coworkers back t the PostOffice.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:21 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,406,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
It might have interested some of his coworkers back t the PostOffice.
It's hard to believe that most Survivor contestants can go back to their regular jobs without problems. Some of them just act way to stupidly on the show, especially if they are sporting bad underwear or worse going naked.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:03 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,865,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Rodney is a total douche. He said "women need to be an angel, that's what my friends and I look for" then something along the lines "I don't have to be, just the woman does". Basically saying it is okay for him to sleep around. That's the way I understood it. He strikes me as a guy that the woman must do his bidding and he is king.
Yep, this is the bro-dude. Women should show more respect for themselves by doing what bro-dudes tell them to do/be/act. Total double standard as well as it doesn't apply to bro-dudes. It also gives these peons an excuse to disrespect women who don't fit into their lofty standards of perfection aka Lindsey. It was fairly rich of him to bash her tattoos when he's covered in them as well - the double standard part. He'll probably last in the game as people will see he'll never get a jury vote from a woman. An easy tag-along.

It was so good/fun watching the hipster get booted. That was awesome. He just has no clue about Survivor. Sure he can name Survivors but the nuances of the game are beyond him. His partner in annoyance needs to go too. 'I'm a professional whistler', uh...what? She's nuts. lol Still don't get the no pants but a top on thing. That's just weird. Go full monty or put your pants back on lady.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:55 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,224,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
It's hard to believe that most Survivor contestants can go back to their regular jobs without problems. Some of them just act way to stupidly on the show, especially if they are sporting bad underwear or worse going naked.
Even if people made a positive fuss over their being on the show I certainly would wonder what they were saying behind their backs.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:15 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Oh Geez, I never thought about that before. I would feel so totally awkward if one of my coworkers went naked on national TV and then I had to see him or her every day.

I think the one girl who talks incessantly about crazy random things and walks around without her underwear is a Yahoo executive. Can you imagine her first day back at work. BWAAHAHA If she even has a job anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV