Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I hate those blindfolded challenges. Players always get hurt to some degree. The obstacles are designed to produce maximum discomfort in all the wrong places. The least the producers could do is heavily-pad the ends of those barriers that line up with the genital area.
I'm on the other side of this fence. I think the Blindfold challenges are quite important. It makes for an even playing field regardless of athleticism anyone can pull off a win. It's all about the communication. Teams that are better able to communicate typically win. Communication is a large part of Survivor.

Hit to the groin? The caller should have mentioned that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 AM

810 posts, read 1,025,679 times
Especially when Jeff Probst repeatedly warned the players not to drop the platform, and they do it anyway.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:56 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,488,669 times
Default Great season so far!

It's so hard to make predictions, but here are my observations so far:

Joe (Escameca): Great player, does really well in challenges, and has managed to stay out of drama, despite the early argument with Vince. I think he's flying under the radar well, and even though he's separated from his other no collars, I think the alliance will remain solid. I definitely see him going far in the game.

Jenn (Nagarote): Probably the strongest female player in the game, if not the strongest overall player. Early on, I didn't take her seriously, but she has done an amazing job in the challenges, she's made strong alliances, and IMO has controlled the fate of 3 players without coming off as a villain. If things keep going her way, I could see her being the sole survivor.

Dan (Escameca): He seems to do a lot around camp, and performs well at challenges, but I think his weight and age will hold him back in future immunity challenges. He also makes enemies, and his alliances seem weak at best, so I could easily see one of them blindsiding him.

Hali (Nagarote): Her alliance with Jenn seems un-breakable at this point. She performs well at challenges, and seems to be liked by the other survivors. I would say her biggest weakness is not taking charge and taking a leadership role on big moves.

Tyler (Escameca): We haven't seen a lot of this guy yet, but from what I have noticed, he is a plotter. I could definitely see him joining forces with Dan, Mike, and Joe to vote out Rodney.

Mike (Escameca): This guy is a strong player, probably the strongest male player in the game. Despite having a few arguments, he seems to be liked and respected by the other survivors. As long as he makes good decisions on who he chooses as his allies he will go far. His temper could potentially set him back, and that's his biggest weakness I have noticed so far.

Rodney (Escameca): One of the worst players in the game. He's hot headed, lazy around camp, does terrible at challenges, and makes too many controversial statements around camp. His best asset is not being a threat, but I don't see him going far enough in the game for that to be a factor in getting him to the end.

Shirin (Nagarote): She's a very odd player, and probably the weakest female in the game. She isn't we'll liked around camp, and her closest ally was just voted out in the last episode. If Nagarote loses the next immunity challenge she will be voted out, and more than likely they will.

Kelly (Nagarote): Strong player that seems to fly under the radar. Her biggest weakness at this point in the game, is being separated from her blue collar alliances. She needs to make a big move in Nagarote or Jenn will dominate.

Carolyn (Nagarote): This woman knows how to survive, she faced elimination early on and managed to turn the tables, without using her immunity idol. She is my wild card this season. I could see her making big moves to make it all the way to the end.

Will (Nagarote): He's managed to avoid elimination narrowly several times at this point. Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I don't see him making it too far unless he is able orchestrate a blindside.

Joaquin (Escameca): This guy is a shark. He can't be trusted. It's hard for me to make a prediction on where he'll end up in this game.

Sierra (Escameca): The recent merge is her perfect opportunity to make big moves. Hopefully she takes advantage of it to form an alliance that can take down the power players from her former blue collar tribe.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 03-25-2015 at 01:15 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 06:21 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times
Hey RonnieinDallas - GREAT SUMMATION!

I think you've hit it pretty square on the head about each of our Survivors!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,488,669 times
Oh it was SOO good to see Rodney's face after his stupid plan fell through the cracks!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
If anyone should have been blindsided it was Rodney. Not sure I understand Sierra's reasoning.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:35 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,485,714 times
Loved seeing the stupid, confused look on Boston Rod's face! That bromance, or whatever it was, needed to be broke up. I was surprised, but glad, Sierra decided to side with the old blue team guys.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Great vote off tonight!

Old 03-25-2015, 09:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
Sierra was trying to do what she thought would be best for her in the long run. Maybe it will work, maybe not. She was in a difficult position. She said her heart and head were in conflict but she had to do what she thought would take her further in the game so she chose what she thought would.

It could probably go either way at this point.

Any time a team decides to throw a challenge they are just cutting their throats. It's happened time and time again. Dumb move that deserved to come out badly for them and it did. Poor clueless Rodney. What will it take to puncture that tremendous ego of his? The surprised look on his face was priceless. What's he gonna do without his new bromance? Let's hope he won't be around too much longer to find out.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Sierra was trying to do what she thought would be best for her in the long run. Maybe it will work, maybe not. She was in a difficult position. She said her heart and head were in conflict but she had to do what she thought would take her further in the game so she chose what she thought would.

It could probably go either way at this point.

Any time a team decides to throw a challenge they are just cutting their throats. It's happened time and time again. Dumb move that deserved to come out badly for them and it did. Poor clueless Rodney. What will it take to puncture that tremendous ego of his? The surprised look on his face was priceless. What's he gonna do without his new bromance? Let's hope he won't be around too much longer to find out.

good post Minervah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV