Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,406,156 times

Advertisements

I was really hoping that RodBro was going to be blindsided, but Joaquin is a good second choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:38 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,267,571 times
While it's generally not wise to throw a challenge, it's not Nagarote vs. Escameca. Alliances extend across both tribes. They were looking ahead to the merge, and taking the opportunity to get some folks out early could turn into a big advantage.

I think Rodney's plan was a good one. Joe is a strong player and has some strong allies on the other tribe. Getting him out would have been a good move. Rod's problem was that he didn't have everyone on board the way he thought.

Mike's first objective was to protect Kelly, his main ally. I think he would have been better off in the long run to target Joe rather than Joaquin, though.

If Mike was throwing the challenge without having the votes for Joaquin lined up, he was being very foolish. I'm suspicius that some of the conversations we saw after the challenge actually occurred before the challenge. He may have planed to go with Joe if the votes for Joaquin weren't there, though. He had to be sure of Sierra at least before going to Tribal Council.

I don't think Sierra was picking Mike and Dan over Rod. She still doesn't like any of them. I think she was picking Joe as her future ally. If she's going to abandon the Blue Collars, an alliance with the No Collars seems a good strategy.

So, I see the alliances like this:

1) No Collar: Jenn, Joe, Hali, and Will, with Sierra joining them.

2) Blue Collar: Mike, Kelly, and Dan. They may try to reel Rod back in. He may have no other choice.

3) White Collar: Tyler and Carolyn.

Sherin seems to be on her own. Rod may be with her.

It looks like the key is whether Tyler and Carolyn go with the No Collars or the Blue Collars. If they went with the No Collars and Sierra, that would be seven votes. If they went with the Blue Collars, plus Sherin and Rod, that would be seven votes.

We still have seen very little of Tyler, but he seems very shrewd and is avoiding the drama. He seemed safe in the vote this week. He probably was just taking the safe route and voting with Joaquin. I think he could go either way.

Carolyn seems tight with the No Collars on her new tribe but could go with Kelly.

Carolyn and Tyler could do well if they choose the right alliance and use the hidden immunity idol wisely. Jenn is also in good shape with her idol. It doesn't look like she's told anyone about it. There should still be an idol at the old Blue Collar camp. That one could come into play if the merged tribes head there.

All this seems pretty straightforward, but what would be better is that the alliances fall apart and reassemble in unexpected ways. Predictability is the worst thing that could happen to Survivor.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:13 AM

5,532 posts, read 7,124,835 times
So amusing to hear Mike say that the Rodney-Joaquin bro-mance needs to be broken up, but it's okay for him to be aligned with Kelly.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
So amusing to hear Mike say that the Rodney-Joaquin bro-mance needs to be broken up, but it's okay for him to be aligned with Kelly.
That's how the game works. Protect your own alliances while breaking up others that are threats to you.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:59 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Loved seeing the stupid, confused look on Boston Rod's face! That bromance, or whatever it was, needed to be broke up. I was surprised, but glad, Sierra decided to side with the old blue team guys.

Yess!!!! Rodney's face was priceless he looked completely befuddled, which given the fact that he doesn't appear to be very intelligent does not surprise me.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,223,008 times
I was really surprised that Kelly did so poorly in the challenge.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM

So, Rod was trying to throw the challenge, and Sierra probably was as well. That suggests that she may have already decided to vote for Joaquin. Joe certainly wasn't trying to throw it. Dan won his round. I think he didn't want to throw it because he wanted to show off his memory skills. Kelly was pathetic. Dan was handing it to her but she still took three tries. You'd think a State Trooper would have a better memory.

The rule that folks cannot sit out two challenges in a row is inconsistently enforced. I'd like to know the logic of sometimes using it and sometimes not.

It has always puzzled me that in challenges requiring hitting a target quickly that they always wait and watch to see where the projectile lands before getting ready for the next shot. Of course it helps to see where it lands to adjust for the next shot, but still, it seems like they would be moving faster to prepare for the next shot.

They initially built shelters for tribes of 6 people, which became 7 after the tribe swap. Now they'll have 12 people, wherever they wind up. Looks like they'll need major remodeling.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:57 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post

The rule that folks cannot sit out two challenges in a row is inconsistently enforced. I'd like to know the logic of sometimes using it and sometimes not.
Might be that the rule applies to immunity challenges separate from the reward ones. I think I did hear that some time ago. Just a thought.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
I just loved Rodney's reaction too. Talk about picture perfect! What a bozo. No offense to Bozo.

I was pretty shocked with Kelly's incompetence at the challenge. Yes, one would think a State Trooper would have better recall. Maybe she was a "faking it"?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,021,657 times
I thought Rodney should've been the one to go. Joc(?) would've fell in line after that, Rodney, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV