Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 08:48 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,560,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Each episode covers about 3 days of "Survival" time. So, yeah, the head knock was just a few days prior. From the look of the bandage, I'm thinking she has had additional attention from the medical staff.
Well she did. They stitched her up after the challenge. If there was even minor concussive damage it surely would linger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 04:48 PM

3,999 posts, read 5,039,369 times
Yea, I thought I heard someone say she had six stitches...not exactly sure but still! That's a few for being out in the wilderness.

I'm glad this season isn't Club Med with all the dang food challenges though...last season really ticked me off for all the food they received. If Jeff has to answer "do they really starve out there" with an "of course they do", then I would like to see them search for food, fish more, and not have food every 12 minutes.

Also, what's with the water tank? Do ya'll remember Survivor: Africa where they had to get water from an elephant and other wild animal watering hole? It was filled with poop and other delightful bacteria...they actually had to boil it. Later in the season, they won a water tank, but they had to earn it. I miss those days!

Old 03-28-2015, 06:44 PM

101 posts, read 104,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

I'm glad this season isn't Club Med with all the dang food challenges though...last season really ticked me off for all the food they received. If Jeff has to answer "do they really starve out there" with an "of course they do", then I would like to see them search for food, fish more, and not have food every 12 minutes.

Also, what's with the water tank? Do ya'll remember Survivor: Africa where they had to get water from an elephant and other wild animal watering hole? It was filled with poop and other delightful bacteria...they actually had to boil it. Later in the season, they won a water tank, but they had to earn it. I miss those days!
I agree. Survivor has gone soft. I swear a few seasons ago it seemed as though they had a few outfits with them, forgot which season it was. I'm sure they get hungry but basically they seem to be waiting for the next handout rather than actually surviving on their own.

Last edited by heyitsjulie; 03-28-2015 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Fat fingers = typos

Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,745,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, I also thought about that injury to her head. I still like Kelly. Finally am starting to like someone.
I also think he distracted her by telling her he was throwing the challenge and continued to talk to her, even though he was trying to help by saying it out loud it probably broke her concentration.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:13 PM

5,362 posts, read 8,594,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Yea, I thought I heard someone say she had six stitches...not exactly sure but still! That's a few for being out in the wilderness.

I've said it before and I will say it again (in case a Survivor producer happens to hang out on this forum) - I want them to re-create the first season of Survivor down to the last detail.

How awesome would that be - and they could call the season "Survivor: Kickin' It Old School Style"

Old 03-28-2015, 11:37 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,451,362 times
I was sorry to see Joaquin go -- he sure was good-looking....until he opened his mouth and that annoying voice came out.

Yes, we have not seen much of Tyler at all -- which means he will win the million.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:24 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,285,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
I also think he distracted her by telling her he was throwing the challenge and continued to talk to her, even though he was trying to help by saying it out loud it probably broke her concentration.
Quite correct, I wasn't thinking of that but very true.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:43 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,551,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
I was also thinking of that while he was whispering to her. That would have rattled me to where I couldn't concentrate. Not only would I have found it confusing but I would have thought maybe it was a ploy to get me to lose my concentration even though it was coming from someone who I was supposed to previously trusted. After all, we would have now been on separate teams.

I don't blame Kelly one bit for forgetting where those objects were placed. In fact, I think I would have probably lost it and turned to Mike and told him to ST%U!

Old 03-29-2015, 12:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,848,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Quite correct, I wasn't thinking of that but very true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I was also thinking of that while he was whispering to her. That would have rattled me to where I couldn't concentrate. Not only would I have found it confusing but I would have thought maybe it was a ploy to get me to lose my concentration even though it was coming from someone who I was supposed to previously trusted. After all, we would have now been on separate teams.

I don't blame Kelly one bit for forgetting where those objects were placed. In fact, I think I would have probably lost it and turned to Mike and told him to ST%U!

my thoughts too.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:18 AM

411 posts, read 418,314 times
At the moment, I'm thinking Jen or Kelly are looking good as winners. Not sure about male contenders as yet as no mans really standing out. I know it's too early to say but it's part of the fun.

Does anyone know if Kelly would receive any compensation for that injury. She's gonna have a scar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV