Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,654,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I wonder where Caleb would have ranked? and how he would have impacted the votes or alliances...
I think he would have been a favorite. But maybe too trusting. I got to believe we will see him in a future season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,562,862 times
Awful hard to think about where Caleb would be and what effect he'd have had if not evac'ed.

His departure made the tribe shuffle be tweeked and made Julia have to rough it one day on her own. That while having her alliance (Beauty Tribe) picked apart due to lack of numbers.

So things surely would have been different, maybe that slug line-up Brawn power move might never have happened. Game could have played out much differently. Who knows?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:40 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,293,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Joe is a dime a dozen. EVERY season, no nothings, go to the final three. That is pretty much indisputable.

The objective of the game is to not make it to the end and have zero chance of winning. That is what Joe is setting himself up for. Maybe he will surprise me and break his alliance with Tai and Aubry in the next episode? That would be a start.

Oh, but it IS if you can't compete. Going to the finals is MORE MONEY in your pocket. Good strategy if you don't care if you win or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I'm with you on this. Meantime, he's been conserving his energy and just being there. Good old Joe, he's changed his tactics from being the pushy G-Man to the quiet mouse sitting in the corner.

If Tai has to ask every time as to whether or not he should play his idol, someone's going to use it to their advantage. A "Yes" when it should be a "No" or vice versa could easily get him out of the game. He's too trusting sometimes and not trusting enough other times.

I have to say I was astonished when Michelle said she memorized the entire symbol-number wheel all at one time. Wow, I wish I had that kind of memory. I couldn't do that even when I was her age. Great job.

I was too. Said "photographic memory" right away. Nice thing to have on Survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Awful hard to think about where Caleb would be and what effect he'd have had if not evac'ed.

His departure made the tribe shuffle be tweeked and made Julia have to rough it one day on her own. That while having her alliance (Beauty Tribe) picked apart due to lack of numbers.

So things surely would have been different, maybe that slug line-up Brawn power move might never have happened. Game could have played out much differently. Who knows?
Caleb wasn't even in this season. You are thinking of Neil, the first juror. Caleb was that scrum bag what's his name's boyfriend. Colton.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:44 PM

810 posts, read 1,028,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Caleb wasn't even in this season. You are thinking of Neil, the first juror. Caleb was that scrum bag what's his name's boyfriend. Colton.
He was talking about "beast mode cowboy"

Old 04-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
He was talking about "beast mode cowboy"
Geez, I forgot all about Beast Mode!!! Thank you for reminding me. He was who I wanted to win in the beginning.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:03 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,523,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I'm with you on this. Meantime, he's been conserving his energy and just being there. Good old Joe, he's changed his tactics from being the pushy G-Man to the quiet mouse sitting in the corner.

If Tai has to ask every time as to whether or not he should play his idol, someone's going to use it to their advantage. A "Yes" when it should be a "No" or vice versa could easily get him out of the game. He's too trusting sometimes and not trusting enough other times.

I have to say I was astonished when Michelle said she memorized the entire symbol-number wheel all at one time. Wow, I wish I had that kind of memory. I couldn't do that even when I was her age. Great job.

True! Aubrey dropped the ball. She had the perfect chance to convince Tai to play that idol needlessly. She could later convince him that she really, really wasn't 100% sure how others were going to vote. Tai would have believed her. Good call, Minervah.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:14 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,082,397 times
This was one of the questions asked in the interview Dalton Ross did with Jeff Probst about Joe:

I haven’t asked you one Joe question all season, which makes sense since he’s been relatively invisible out there as far as airtime. All we’ve really seen from him is being first out in most challenges and refusing to ever change his vote last minute. But just being out there for 29 days now at his age in what seems like the harshest Survivor conditions ever is certainly an impressive accomplishment. Since we haven’t seen a lot of him, give us your take on what you saw and thought of Joe out there on location.

Joe was an instant “yes” when we met him in casting. Very few people in their 70s can get out there and play Survivor. We’ve had two: Rudy Bosch in season 1 and Joe in season 32. I have been absolutely blown away by Joe. He’s a really amazing example of what is possible when you really want something. He has lived his life with adventure as a theme. He goes after what he wants. He wanted Survivor, he went for it, and he got it. To survive these conditions at any age is hard – just ask Aubry – and Joe is thriving. He may not be as malleable as some, he may not be as physical as some, but he’s in this game, and he’s got a vote – and that’s more than the majority of the players who started this game can say.
I do want to be clear: I don’t appreciate Joe only because he’s older. He has a great spirit. I think he is a good person who looks out for others. Yes, his age plays a part in his performance, but that’s expected. It would be a shame if people just saw him as the “older, gray-haired gentlemen in great shape.” What I think Joe offers is a reminder that you MUST go for what inspires you. You MUST seek the adventures that are calling you. Joe did, and we are all so grateful.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
This was one of the questions asked in the interview Dalton Ross did with Jeff Probst about Joe:

I haven’t asked you one Joe question all season, which makes sense since he’s been relatively invisible out there as far as airtime. All we’ve really seen from him is being first out in most challenges and refusing to ever change his vote last minute. But just being out there for 29 days now at his age in what seems like the harshest Survivor conditions ever is certainly an impressive accomplishment. Since we haven’t seen a lot of him, give us your take on what you saw and thought of Joe out there on location.

Joe was an instant “yes” when we met him in casting. Very few people in their 70s can get out there and play Survivor. We’ve had two: Rudy Bosch in season 1 and Joe in season 32. I have been absolutely blown away by Joe. He’s a really amazing example of what is possible when you really want something. He has lived his life with adventure as a theme. He goes after what he wants. He wanted Survivor, he went for it, and he got it. To survive these conditions at any age is hard – just ask Aubry – and Joe is thriving. He may not be as malleable as some, he may not be as physical as some, but he’s in this game, and he’s got a vote – and that’s more than the majority of the players who started this game can say.
I do want to be clear: I don’t appreciate Joe only because he’s older. He has a great spirit. I think he is a good person who looks out for others. Yes, his age plays a part in his performance, but that’s expected. It would be a shame if people just saw him as the “older, gray-haired gentlemen in great shape.” What I think Joe offers is a reminder that you MUST go for what inspires you. You MUST seek the adventures that are calling you. Joe did, and we are all so grateful.
I agree with Dimples. I even liked Rudy because he was an old fart out there doing his best in rotten conditions. I like Joe better because he's not as curmudgeonly as Rudy was. Do I want him to win? Almost but not quite. Would I be upset if he did? Yeah. Would I begrudge him 2nd or 3rd place? Not a chance.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM

1,907 posts, read 2,279,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
True! Aubrey dropped the ball. She had the perfect chance to convince Tai to play that idol needlessly. She could later convince him that she really, really wasn't 100% sure how others were going to vote. Tai would have believed her. Good call, Minervah.
Now Tai trusts Aubry even more. She can easily use her power over him to eliminate him any time.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Now Tai trusts Aubry even more. She can easily use her power over him to eliminate him any time.
I hope she thinks of that, if she didn't last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV