Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

If Mark wins, does that mean Tai wins by extenuating circumstances?? Being Mark's big brother? Oh wait, that's another show...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 11:10 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
At times we wonder if the producers don't choose according to the strengths of certain players to get the winner they want.

If I had to vote today I'd vote for
I have always believed the producers control the outcome.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:36 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
At times we wonder if the producers don't choose according to the strengths of certain players to get the winner they want.

If I had to vote today I'd vote for
There are seasons where it seems the final challenges are all puzzles, others where it's endurance/balancing. If the producers manipulate the challenges to favor a particular contestant, say Aubry, what is she best at? Not puzzles. Endurance, maybe, but so are Tai, Cydney and Michelle to some extent. The producers can manipulate to get the final two or three, but in the end, I think alliances, friendships and respect drive the jury. At this point, I think Aubry would win with the jury, but if Michelle goes with her, it could be tough. I don't think Tai would win, and definitely not Joe and Cydney has an outside chance.

That said, it's up to the producers and the jury...

Old 05-06-2016, 06:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe tradition View Post
He could've been guaranteed a win in the last tribal if he used his immunity idol on Jason to get Michele out.........
How do you figure? It would have been him and Jason against Cydney, Aubry, and Joe, who all would have been gunning for him. And he'd no longer have an immunity idol to protect him with at least 2 and possibly 3 more tribal councils to go before the final.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:33 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I would like to see the type of challenge where Jeff tells a story about the history of the island they are on, and then asks questions about the story.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:10 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Jason's explanation of why he voted for Joe:

“I knew Tai didn’t have the numbers. Tai came up and talked to me ahead of time and tried to get me to vote Michele, and then you watch Cydney and Michele go off and Cydney talk to Aubry. Cydney was really close to both those sides. Knowing her the way I did and working with her for as long as I did, I knew that wasn’t good. So I stayed true to myself and voted who I thought should have left.”

This is from his exit interview with Dalton Ross from Entertainment Weekly. Survivor: Jason denies being a bully to Alecia | EW.com

Old 05-06-2016, 08:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Just watched the last episode last night.

Uh-oh Tai!

I feel like they always try to mislead you with most of the previews. One way or another, Tai won't be going home unless he does something really stupid. With it being down to five now, I guess I could easily see a scenario where either Michele or Tai win II. That could leave us with a scenario where one of Joe, Cydny or Aubry would be going home. But i feel like that is what they are trying to get us to think so it probably won't happen that way.

Did anyone else have a quick thought of hope go through their mind that Joe might actually start playing the game when they showed him engage a conversation with Jason? What a tease. In the end Joe is still a lump on the log guaranteed to be taken for a losers stroll to the final.

Cyd is a little bit of a loose cannon. Takes things way to personally. That has become pretty evident with her new fued between Tai.

Joe is sadly too loyal to realize that he could actually find himself in a decent position if he were to blindside Aubry. It would be a big power move for him and something to showcase at a final tribal.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
The stupidest episode so far!

Jason should've voted Michelle, why he voted Joe was nuts. Tai tells him they are all voting for her!

Then they don't Tai! He flip flops so badly and has so much control. Crazy.
My guess is that Jason was 100% left in the dark as to who was going to be tageted. But still, you would think common sense would suggest that Joe would not be targeted under any circumstance at this point of the game.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
"
Why did Jason vote for Joe? If he had voted for Michelle as he was told the others were doing, she would have been the one going home. His not voting for her was so typical of him, not listening to others because he wanted to call the shots. And yet he said words to the effect at the end that he was proud of the way he had played the game. Not very smart.
Oh that's right. Didn't Tai tell him he was targeting Michelle. Not sure why he voted Joe then. But at any rate, it would have been Jason going home 4-3.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Yes, if the rest of them had voted for Tai while still making him think that they were joining him to vote Michelle, it would have been the Best Blindside Ever! He would have not only blown his advantage but also he would have gone home with the idol. Major error on their part (ahem, Aubrey.)
It feels like Aubry is too worried about not hurting jury members feelings. First with the crying on having to make the decision on to go with Cyd or Tai with the vote. And then in the previews for the next episode she says she is worried she upset Tai with her vote. I agree, the smarter move would have been to just get rid of Tai when they had the chance. My only thought is, they were maybe concerned he could have played an idol last minute and sent one of them packing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV