Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2016, 08:53 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,420,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hmmm, just saw a most interesting commercial for the next episode.
What was it? (I have the TV off due to my dog going crazy at animals on commercials, and there are a LOT!) Please don't tell me it involves a med-evac.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 10:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
What was it? (I have the TV off due to my dog going crazy at animals on commercials, and there are a LOT!) Please don't tell me it involves a med-evac.....
No, it didn't say or show really anything but it was very suggestive that it is a "must watch" episode.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:18 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
This it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC23LMpUdNE

Old 05-08-2016, 10:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yep, you got it, baby! TY.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:58 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,015,642 times
signs are strongly pointing a Joe medi-vac....which has long been rumoured.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:45 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,278,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
No, but they might time them differently depending on how they hoped to skew the results. The most obvious example would be when a strong group of men are more or less owning all the challenges, pagonging the women out of the game. Producers have very long experience with what types of player do best in each kind of challenge. They also have experience building everything (I suspect that some challenge sets get built before the season kicks off, that there's a no go zone somewhere near the camps). I would absolutely not put it past the producers to cherrypick challenges for certain outcome likelihoods.
The thing is, since they do consider themselves a game show, there is always someone from Standards and Practices there to make sure things are fair. This has been a requirement for all game shows since the quiz show scandals of the 50s. In all the seasons, only Shii Ann in Thailand ever accused the producers of trying to rig things. She claimed later that producers tried to sway others to vote her out. It seems like a lot of sour grapes from a player that was often full of sour grapes, but who knows.

As for the no go zone, I do believe that exists. I believe they are only allowed to go a certain distance from their camp these days. In the early days, that didn't exist. I've read one story in an early season of contestants wandering into the production camp as they were exploring. One season, I can't remember which, we actually see a couple members from one tribe stumble upon the other tribe's beach on the opposite side of the island when they go exploring. So they've stopped that from happening. There used to be a Google Earth overlay you could download to show you all the filming locations of Survivor, beaches, challenges, etc. Not sure if it still exists or not, but it was pretty cool.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I don't know. I wouldn't be shocked really at anyone going home at this point. I really wouldn't. There's a good reason to get rid of any of them except Joe. But I wouldn't be shocked if they stupidly got rid of him. I also wouldn't be shocked if one of them was evacuated out of the game. I feel like they're mostly just really trying to build this episode up which worries me that it will be mostly boring. I hope I'm wrong!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:07 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,268,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
The thing is, since they do consider themselves a game show, there is always someone from Standards and Practices there to make sure things are fair. This has been a requirement for all game shows since the quiz show scandals of the 50s. In all the seasons, only Shii Ann in Thailand ever accused the producers of trying to rig things. She claimed later that producers tried to sway others to vote her out. It seems like a lot of sour grapes from a player that was often full of sour grapes, but who knows.
Stacey Stillman of Season 1 sued Mark Burnett, claiming that he persuaded two others to vote her out rather than Rudy.

Stacey Stillman - Survivor Wiki - Wikia

I remember Shii Ann's demise. The tribes were 5 vs. 5 when they were brought together to live on one beach. She thought they were merged and flipped to the other tribe, but they weren't actually merged. Her tribe voted her out. Once they did merge, the tribes were 5 vs. 4 and her old tribe got pagonged out.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Stacey Stillman of Season 1 sued Mark Burnett, claiming that he persuaded two others to vote her out rather than Rudy.

Stacey Stillman - Survivor Wiki - Wikia

I remember Shii Ann's demise. The tribes were 5 vs. 5 when they were brought together to live on one beach. She thought they were merged and flipped to the other tribe, but they weren't actually merged. Her tribe voted her out. Once they did merge, the tribes were 5 vs. 4 and her old tribe got pagonged out.
You're right. I forgot about Stacey. I think I had them confused. Stacey accused them of that. Shii Ann just said the fake merge was unfair and pouted about it.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:30 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,541,516 times
Shocker? Could ONLY be Joe wining back to back reward and immunity challenges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV