Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Remember the first Star Trek movie? The "bald chick" - that's what we called her then -was extremely hot! I believe Dany would be, too.
I remember her - Persis Khambatta (sp?) - who was Ms Universe, or something like that.

The movie was lousy overall, but she did stand out. (I like Star Trek a lot overall, but I think even most die hard Trek fans were disappointed in that first movie)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 09:47 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,724,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I remember her - Persis Khambatta (sp?) - who was Ms Universe, or something like that.

The movie was lousy overall, but she did stand out. (I like Star Trek a lot overall, but I think even most die hard Trek fans were disappointed in that first movie)
But I think the second was one superb with Ricardo Montaban reprising his role as Kahn.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Remember the first Star Trek movie? The "bald chick" - that's what we called her then -was extremely hot! I believe Dany would be, too.
My husband has a thing for the Borg queen.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
But I think the second was one superb with Ricardo Montaban reprising his role as Kahn.
Yes, I think most fans of the original Trek series would rate Wrath of Khan as the top Star Trek movie featuring Kirk, Spock, McCoy, etc from the original series. I think First Contact is easily the best Next Generation movie as well. (I liked Star Trek 4 as well - "Where are your nuclear wessels?" and "I think he did a little too much LDS." and all the quotable stuff was great)

Old 05-19-2016, 12:41 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,845 times
Hey, can someone give me a background on Theon and Ned Stark? How and why did Theon become his ward?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Hey, can someone give me a background on Theon and Ned Stark? How and why did Theon become his ward?
sure, after Robert Baratheon seized the throne and became King of Westeros, Balon Greyjoy decided to declare his independence from the rest of Westeros in the aftermath. However, Robert (back when he was fairly young and a still a great warrior) counterattacked and crushed the rebellion.

I believe Balon's two oldest sons died in the attack, and the oldest remaining son, Theon, was sent to stay with Ned Stark in Winterfell as Stark's ward (aka, hostage). While Ned, of course, treated Theon with respect and kindness and Theon became friendly with Robb Stark (who was maybe 2 years younger?), he was still a hostage.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:02 PM

45,345 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:

Theon's father, Balon, rebelled against King Robert. In the ensuing war to put the rebellion down both of Theon's older brothers were killed. Theon was sent to Winterfell as Ned's (cough) "ward" (hostage) for the Starks to raise (guarantee his father's future good behavior).

Old 05-19-2016, 08:03 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,845 times
Ah, thanks for that. Really helps to understand the full story!

Old 05-20-2016, 06:51 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Quote:
Ah, thanks for that. Really helps to understand the full story!
I second this sentiment. I haven't read the books so I appreciate those who have who can share the backstories, lineages, intricacies, and finer details with us

Old 05-21-2016, 12:57 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Has anyone else seen these pictures of the "Mountain" and his new puppy? I think I love this guy.....apologies if this has been posted before.

Massive 'Game of Thrones' star's new tiny puppy a viral hit | abc13.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV