Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,877,596 times

Advertisements

"I know someone who's good at building ships. His name's Floki."

^^hahaha Watch out for him!

I thought Hodor was a sad moment. More sad than the others because of the knowledge of why he is like he is. Dying randomly by dragon, sword, or boar is one thing - knowing your future death is another. Very poignant and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 09:05 AM

23,008 posts, read 28,481,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Anyway, to counter your point, with the exception of this season and last season, you could easily get the info of what was going to happen too on GOT as we already knew because of the books like the Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, etc. That didn't stop people from watching it. So I think it would be the same deal for book readers, where they would know what's going to happen. For non-book readers, it would be the same as when they watched the show, they didn't know what was going to happen, and they aren't going to know the backstories. Heck I don't know all the backstories. I had heard about the Tower of Joy, but never knew what it was about until I saw it two episodes ago.
I didn't mean book readers. I mean the TV show. By the time it's all said and done, I'm sure we'll know all the finer points of the earlier plot elements --- Jon Snow's father, Robert's rebellion, the Lannisters' treachery, how Daenerys and her brother survived, the origin of the White Walkers, etc. In fact, we already know most of it. The only big mystery awaiting confirmation is Jon Snow's parentage, and most people have figured that one out already.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:06 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,873,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Why the heck do they keep killing off the direwolves?

CGI...... so expensive!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:20 AM

185 posts, read 175,099 times
Jon snow with all his wildling buddies and 2-3 giants , ghost and then the Knights of the vail and a few others go kick the door down and skin Ramsey alive what are they waiting for

Old 05-23-2016, 09:31 AM

677 posts, read 657,199 times
Not my favorite episode. In fact, my least favorite of the year - but then I've felt that this season was off to quite a bang with some great episodes. I also though wouldn't call it a bad episode.

It is definitely cool getting to see both the origin of the whitewalkers, and to see the children of the forest in battle, if only briefly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Why the heck do they keep killing off the direwolves?
No budget for the CGI. The failure of the show to translate the importance, pressence or depth of the direwolves is my biggest disappointment in the execution of the series. And that says alot because Dorne is my favorite house (the Starks maybe compete), and I'm PISSED at what they have done to Dorne.

Quote:
Also yea Hodors death was sad but really it's not like he was that deep of a character through the entire series. To me seeing someone like Robb, Ned and Maester Luwin die were much sadder. But to put Hodors death as the saddest?! Heck if margaery dies I'll be sad. I was sadder when they killed all the direwolves than Hodor. I think Hodor is probably one of the most overrated side characters. I was over his death the second the credits came on.
There may not be the depth of story or dialogue to Hodor, but the thing is that although old, large and powerful he is basically a purely innocent character. Not just good but innocent and simple. And loyal. And loving. It wasn't the saddest/harshest moment ever for this series, but it was an extremely sad and poignant one. Strong, loyal and innocent to the end.

Quote:
I did love that. I didn't see it coming. You think Theon and company will join up with the Starks now? Or maybe flee to The Reach for protection?
I'm not sure what I feel about the changes to the Greyjoy storyline. So very different from the book, and yet in the books it was my least favorite storyline of them all, and so in that sense maybe the one where the changes made are actually good/better than the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I thought Hodor was a sad moment. More sad than the others because of the knowledge of why he is like he is. Dying randomly by dragon, sword, or boar is one thing - knowing your future death is another. Very poignant and sad.
I agree, as I said above, at how sad Hodor was. And sad not just because of his knowledge, but because of his preserved childish innocence and "simple-ness", and yet his strength, loyalty and love to the end.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:32 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,841,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Jon snow with all his wildling buddies and 2-3 giants , ghost and then the Knights of the vail and a few others go kick the door down and skin Ramsey alive what are they waiting for
I honestly hope Ramsay has a long, painful and brutal death. I hope he is tortured. If he has a quick death I will be so mad. I want him to suffer before he dies.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:43 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,286,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Except it appears the Knights of the Vale won't be joining them. Sansa explicitly hasn't mentioned them to Jon, while she did tell him the army of House Tully (Brynden Tully of Riverrun--the Blackfish) has been rebuilt. That's where she sent Brienne.

So if Brienne is successful in getting Riverrun to join Sansa & Jon, plus the wildlings and the loyal houses of the North, maybe Ramsay gets what's coming to him.

Maybe.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:43 AM

4,068 posts, read 2,286,501 times
I think a Prequel would be awesome! Not sure how many of you watch Spartacus but the prequel on that series was fantastic! I'm sure they could squeeze in a few surprises in there that weren't covered before. I haven't read the books and would love to see the back stories played out.

The scene between Little Finger and Sansa was interesting. You can tell she is really becoming much stronger in character. Wish she would have berated him a little longer. He needs to be tortured some!

I love the scene with Tyrion, Varys and that Lord of Light Lady. When she started talking to Varys about what happened to him as a boy, I got chills. They did awesome job matching her looks and voice to Melisandre! They are both so similar.

And then you have Hodor...
What a twist. Such a sad one to see how he became Hodor and why it happened. The ending was very touching.

All in all a great episode.

I got to say the acting is so incredible in this show. Whoever did the casting needs to get an Emmy. I can't envision anyone better for the main roles.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:47 AM

677 posts, read 657,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
So if Brienne is successful in getting Riverrun to join Sansa & Jon, plus the wildlings and the loyal houses of the North, maybe Ramsay gets what's coming to him.

Maybe.
The thing is, Littlefinger mentioned that the Knights of the Vale hold Moat Cailin. That means that unless they arrive by ship, Riverrun can't get to the north. No one has ever breached Moat Calin which holds the Neck. Not to mention the Freys are also in the way. So, it could mean that they just come north by ship, but I think it could also be set for Blackfish to go destroy old Mr. Frey, and then have to take on Moat Cailin (which would be near impossible).

Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 AM

5,444 posts, read 7,041,661 times
I have to wonder even if the wildlings would join the fight. They are on Jon's side, but not to fight a 7 kingdoms type fight. They joined to prepare and fight the white walkers when they come. To get them to fight, I think Jon would need to convince them that if they can get Winterfell back, it will give the wildings a solid place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV