Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 06:33 AM

22,988 posts, read 28,449,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Looks like Dany has her Iron Navy to couple with her infantry & cavalry...........
I don't know. I'm wondering if that's a red herring.

Euron wants to build "thousands of ships." On a chain of islands with almost no forest. Even if the Iron Islands were covered in forest ... still, building "thousands of ships" is a project that is going to take years. I don't think Dany is going to wait that long.

The revelations this season are coming so fast that I honestly don't see how this show is going to continue more than another season or two. They seem to be wrapping up things pretty fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 06:53 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,936,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Euron wants to build "thousands of ships." On a chain of islands with almost no forest. Even if the Iron Islands were covered in forest ... still, building "thousands of ships" is a project that is going to take years. I don't think Dany is going to wait that long.

The revelations this season are coming so fast that I honestly don't see how this show is going to continue more than another season or two. They seem to be wrapping up things pretty fast.
Right. 1000 ships, unless they jump 5 years into the future, will be about 5 seasons from now

Old 05-23-2016, 07:35 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,279,125 times
The passage of time never seems to be a problem on this show. People traveling (for example) from the Vale to the Wall, which should take weeks, happens in less than an episode. I think they distort the actual passage of time to suit the needs of the show. As well it should be.

So if we need a fleet of a thousand ships to appear, so it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I will say this I still love this show and I still think it's amazing, but I think the show needs to end in a season or two.
And it will. The two showrunners have said it has two more seasons to go after this current one, and that's it. And they've even been hinting those seasons may be shortened (eg, 7/8 eps each). So clearly they agree with you.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:51 AM

185 posts, read 174,924 times
Why would they skip over the tower of joy visions ? We were so close to seeing if that theory was real and we saw a young ned running up the stairs and it skips it to the white walkers

Old 05-23-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
The two showrunners have said it has two more seasons to go after this current one, and that's it. And they've even been hinting those seasons may be shortened (eg, 7/8 eps each). So clearly they agree with you.
So that begs the question: What's next? What will HBO produce to replace GoT? None of their other recent attempts have grabbed the audience that this show has. What will sate Fantasy fans appetites, yet still be smart enough to attract the non-Fantasy crowd?

I'd love to see DUNE turned in to a TV show of GoT production quality. The Lynch film was a mess, and the Sci-Fi channel version from a few years ago suffered from such a low production budget.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:02 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,838,758 times
Quote:
So that begs the question: What's next? What will HBO produce to replace GoT? None of their other recent attempts have grabbed the audience that this show has. What will sate Fantasy fans appetites, yet still be smart enough to attract the non-Fantasy crowd?

I'd love to see DUNE turned in to a TV show of GoT production quality. The Lynch film was a mess, and the Sci-Fi channel version from a few years ago suffered from such a low production budget.
I hope do something like Star Wars. I would love to see a spinoff of the GOT. Like a prequel. It would be awesome if they did a series on Robert's Rebellion and how that came to be and led us to where we are at the beginning of GOT. We get to see Dany being born, the Ceresi Robert marriage, the Greyjoys revolting, the Tyrells defeating the Baratheons, etc. Would be very cool. Then after we are done with the prequel show do something where Star Wars is now. a series that takes place 10-15 years after the Game of Thrones series ends. Maybe we see the rise of the Lannisters, or the fall of however has the Throne (like Dany or Jon).

Old 05-23-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
I agree the writing is on the wall to end this show soon . I feel after this showdown with the faith and the lannisters and the " bastard bowl " up north this show has nothing left to offer in terms of warfare , by the time Danny and her army starting attacking anywhere we will all be dead in real life

I don't like how they skipped past the tower of joy visions , show young Ned run up the stairs and now we get thrown into that cluster of white walkers beginnings and children of the forest .

Show has bit off more than it can chew
You can tell, because they are killing side characters left and right, more than usual. Which I think means they are starting to cut the fat, so we can get to the meat (the end). I think Margaery is going to die in the next episode unfortunately

Old 05-23-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I hope do something like Star Wars. I would love to see a spinoff of the GOT. Like a prequel. It would be awesome if they did a series on Robert's Rebellion and how that came to be and led us to where we are at the beginning of GOT. We get to see Dany being born, the Ceresi Robert marriage, the Greyjoys revolting, the Tyrells defeating the Baratheons, etc. Would be very cool. Then after we are done with the prequel show do something where Star Wars is now. a series that takes place 10-15 years after the Game of Thrones series ends. Maybe we see the rise of the Lannisters, or the fall of however has the Throne (like Dany or Jon).
The problem with the prequel is that by the time GoT is done, we will pretty much know all the prequel info.

THE HEDGE KNIGHT stories are really good, but they probably don't have enough T&A to succeed on HBO.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 AM

11,765 posts, read 14,719,121 times
Quote:

Euron wants to build "thousands of ships." On a chain of islands with almost no forest. Even if the Iron Islands were covered in forest ... still, building "thousands of ships" is a project that is going to take years.

My comment to my wife: Euron says, "I know someone who's good at building ships. His name's Floki."

Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The problem with the prequel is that by the time GoT is done, we will pretty much know all the prequel info.

THE HEDGE KNIGHT stories are really good, but they probably don't have enough T&A to succeed on HBO.
I mean we might know the stories, but doesn't mean people don't want to see it. I'm also sure there are plenty of untold stories too. I mean look at all the hoopla surrounding the Tower of Joy and how people wanted to see it.

Anyway, to counter your point, with the exception of this season and last season, you could easily get the info of what was going to happen too on GOT as we already knew because of the books like the Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, etc. That didn't stop people from watching it. So I think it would be the same deal for book readers, where they would know what's going to happen. For non-book readers, it would be the same as when they watched the show, they didn't know what was going to happen, and they aren't going to know the backstories. Heck I don't know all the backstories. I had heard about the Tower of Joy, but never knew what it was about until I saw it two episodes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV