Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 09:14 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,836,094 times

Advertisements

Who do you guys think will die in the next episode?

My bets are on:
Tommen
Pycelle
Kevan
Lancel
High Sparrow
Mace
Loras
Walder Frey
Melissandre (or perhaps sentenced to death)

The one that I am not sure about is Margaery. I don't know what to think if she will die or live? What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 09:19 AM

22,973 posts, read 28,417,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post

My bets are on:
Tommen
Pycelle
Kevan
Lancel
High Sparrow
Mace
Loras
Walder Frey

The one that I am not sure about is Margaery. I don't know what to think if she will die or live? What do you all think?
I would vote for all of the above.

Except for Tommen. Poor kid. He's a pawn being played by both sides. But we all know his days are numbered.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:52 AM

4,719 posts, read 5,992,319 times
I do NOT have any spoilers and we are ahead of the books, so I am guessing that the secret Qyburn mentioned to Cersei is the wildfire cache beneath the Sept of Baelor. With Tyrion mentioning Wildfire in KL to Dany last week, I think that is pretty much confirmed.

She is going to try to burn the High Sparrow and his followers down, but I think she will mistakenly catch Tommen in there instead. Not sure if the High Sparrow, Margaery, Loras or the Queen of Thorns will get it as well, though. I think the "Shame" nun will get it as well.

I think Kevan and Pycelle are going to have what happened to them in book 5 happen to them this week.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:59 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I do NOT have any spoilers and we are ahead of the books, so I am guessing that the secret Qyburn mentioned to Cersei is the wildfire cache beneath the Sept of Baelor. With Tyrion mentioning Wildfire in KL to Dany last week, I think that is pretty much confirmed.

She is going to try to burn the High Sparrow and his followers down, but I think she will mistakenly catch Tommen in there instead. Not sure if the High Sparrow, Margaery, Loras or the Queen of Thorns will get it as well, though. I think the "Shame" nun will get it as well.

I think Kevan and Pycelle are going to have what happened to them in book 5 happen to them this week.
Queen of Thorns is back in Highgarden. She left two episodes ago, so she is safe. I think if Mace, Loras and/maybe not Margaery, this will make the Tyrells align themselves with Dany. Anything to restore stability and power to themselves as well. I definitely think some Tyrells will die, but the question is which ones or will it be all of them?

My thing with Margaery is I just don't see her story arc finished yet.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,806,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post

My bets are on:
Tommen
Pycelle
Kevan
Lancel
High Sparrow
Mace
Loras
Walder Frey

Because we have one more season left (right?), I don't think the Lannisters are going to completely eat it yet. Cersai is fated to lose Tommen, but there's no ready successor to the crown. The theory about wildfire and the Sparrows sounds feasible. Maybe Margaery is killed and Tommen exacts his revenge on his mother (he is a little brother, after all), but I thought the prophecy was that Cersai will bury all of her children.

If Tommen is killed, there's nobody to take his place, and I think the final season will be about Danaerys and Jon taking over, either together or with mutual respect and cooperation. The Lannisters, Cersai in particular, are the only major antagonist left (well, and the white walkers, but that's Jon's fight and not even a wrinkle in Dany's brow yet). It's too early to kill off Cersai.

I do think Melissandre is going to die. Davros is going to have her head. I think Sunday will be the end of the Sparrows too.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 AM

29,783 posts, read 34,571,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If Tommen is killed, there's nobody to take his place, and I think the final season will be about Danaerys and Jon taking over, either together or with mutual respect and cooperation. The Lannisters, Cersai in particular, are the only major antagonist left. It's too early to kill her off.

Has anyone been watching the After the Thrones recap shows? The hosts brought up an interesting question a week or two ago: is Dany a villain? Most viewers have been rooting for her from the beginning, but the way she talks about destroying her enemies and burning their cities to the ground isn't exactly the speech of someone who wants to rule with respect..

Old 06-21-2016, 10:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,806,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Has anyone been watching the After the Thrones recap shows? The hosts brought up an interesting question a week or two ago: is Dany a villain? Most viewers have been rooting for her from the beginning, but the way she talks about destroying her enemies and burning their cities to the ground isn't exactly the speech of someone who wants to rule with respect..
She also admitted to Tyrion, Theon, and Yara that "all of us are the product of evil fathers" (something along those lines) and wants to leave the world better than they left it. Tyrion warned her about her crazy talk. Maybe he will be the one to keep her centered.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 AM

677 posts, read 656,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Because we have one more season left (right?), I don't think the Lannisters are going to completely eat it yet. Cersai is fated to lose Tommen, but there's no ready successor to the crown. The theory about wildfire and the Sparrows sounds feasible. Maybe Margaery is killed and Tommen exacts his revenge on his mother (he is a little brother, after all), but I thought the prophecy was that Cersai will bury all of her children.

If Tommen is killed, there's nobody to take his place, and I think the final season will be about Danaerys and Jon taking over, either together or with mutual respect and cooperation. The Lannisters, Cersai in particular, are the only major antagonist left (well, and the white walkers, but that's Jon's fight and not even a wrinkle in Dany's brow yet). It's too early to kill off Cersai.

I do think Melissandre is going to die. Davros is going to have her head. I think Sunday will be the end of the Sparrows too.
There are 2 more seasons, not 1 - though some rumors say that they may only be 7 episodes each as opposed to the 10 of all of the previous seasons.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 AM

21,522 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Technically, she's not a Lady. She's just Melisandre, or the Red Priestess. She's not highborn.

As I recall, it required noble blood for that shadow demon. Either the sacrifice of royal blood, or in that specific case, I think (my memory is hazy here) Stannis had sex with her, so the (ahem) infusion of royal seed (is that vague enough to pass the censors?) Not sure there was anything available, blood or sex or royal, that would have helped her create another shadow baby.
There's Jon, but I suspect Melisandre is so defeated because of what she did to Shireen.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:41 AM

677 posts, read 656,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post

You know, I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. Makes me wonder who all/how many will die though. Hmmm ... nice theory!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV