Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 07:53 AM

23,018 posts, read 28,498,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
You can say what you want about the writing, acting, etc. But I think this is the best one of television EVER from a cinematography standpoint.
Yup. That battle scene was one of the best directed battle scenes I have ever seen onscreen.

I just wish the writers would pay more attention to details and sew up some of their gaping plot holes. All the character plot holes in last night's episode aside, it still bugs me that Theon and his sister managed to sail a fleet of ships about 3,500 miles in a matter of days. They must have had some of Tinker Belle's pixie dust to pull that off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 07:59 AM

2,543 posts, read 3,756,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My prediction for the season finale: Lady Stoneheart.
Having never read the books, I don't look forward to Lady Stoneheart. I mean, I know who Lady Stoneheart is in the books from the brief synopsis on wiki. But given how the TV story has started to pull away from the books (and I'm glad of it), I don't see how this character would add value to the overall story arc. The way I saw it, this character was just another twisted character threw in by the author just to mess with your head. So I guess you can say that this character will add value, shock value that is.

Regarding this season's GOT, I think this is the most exciting season thus far. It's not slow, it just didn't have a lot of battle scenes until last night; but a lot of questions were answered and a lot of story arcs were finalized. I now realized why the TV writers insisted on showing Sansa's rape scene so gut wrenchingly real through Theon's face. It made this viewer apppreciate Sansa's character development even more, from a silly young girl to such a strong lady of her keep. By the end of last night's episode, we have 2 established queens: Dany (the obvious one), Sansa as Lady of Winterfell, and potentially Yara as Queen of Iron Islands.

I think next week's episode will finally reveal Marjorie's end game, another queen who's fighting for what's hers.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 AM

23,018 posts, read 28,498,766 times
Duplicate post deleted.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,872,102 times
Quote:
Great episode. But man ... Jon Snow continues to be an idiot and not listen to sense. When is that boy gonna learn?

My prediction for the season finale: Lady Stoneheart.
Watching the storyline now, I can't see Lady Stoneheart being revealed, there are too many character plots and with a shorten Season 7 I can't see them starting another one. It wouldn't make much sense that the Hound is with the Bros without Banner, he would be the 1st guy that Lady Stoneheart wanted to hang.

Quote:
Two things:

One, did Sansa even know that the Vale was coming? She asked, but had she ever gotten a response? We don't know. Nor do we know how she ending up leading them over. Big plot hole.

Two, the way they killed Rickon was stupid. Just watch Ramsey. When he lets go of that arrow, zig the other way. Then zag. At that great of a distance, avoiding 1 arrow isn't hard.

Two big examples of the Idiot Plot.
When Jon heard the horn I thought he would get angry that he wasn't told of the army of the Vale and Sansa riding with Little Fingers. Unless Sansa is afraid of spies, perhaps she just wasn't sure that Little Fingers would come.

Ramsay purposely missed Rickon with the 1st two. He's an excellent marksman with the bow. He did show off his archery skills when he shot at the girl fleeing him a season or 2 ago. He made a game out of it.

I thought he might have waited for Jon and see if he could get a shot at him but it made the battle started. What made Ramsay failed was he was over confident and didn't expect the Vale to show up. Easy victory had he just sat inside Winterfell.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM

2,543 posts, read 3,756,028 times
Quote:
Two things:

One, did Sansa even know that the Vale was coming? She asked, but had she ever gotten a response? We don't know. Nor do we know how she ending up leading them over. Big plot hole.

Two, the way they killed Rickon was stupid. Just watch Ramsey. When he lets go of that arrow, zig the other way. Then zag. At that great of a distance, avoiding 1 arrow isn't hard.

Two big examples of the Idiot Plot.
Well, One: Sansa didn't know if Vale army would come to her aid. That's the reason why she didn't share it with anyone. As it was, the Vale army came almost too late. She didn't lead them over, Baelish did. Sansa was just sitting on her horse next to him, probably because she just greeted him.

Two: the scene made sense. Sansa already told Jon that she's the only one who knows Ramsay and how his mind works. Nobody else does, least of all Rickon and Jon. Avoiding an arrow from afar isn't hard when you're a viewer watching the scene unfolds in front of you, but for a boy who's overcome by fear and emotion, trying to look over his shoulder for the arrows while also looking ahead and running as fast as he can to his brother? Not so easy. I'm a bad ball catcher, lousy really, and I can totally see myself getting hit by an arrow the way I get hit by a ball from afar because I fail to catch it every single time.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:18 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,862,856 times
Quote:
Yup. That battle scene was one of the best directed battle scenes I have ever seen onscreen.

I just wish the writers would pay more attention to details and sew up some of their gaping plot holes. All the character plot holes in last night's episode aside, it still bugs me that Theon and his sister managed to sail a fleet of ships about 3,500 miles in a matter of days. They must have had some of Tinker Belle's pixie dust to pull that off.
I think we have to assume these events are not happening simultaneously. I agree it's jarring, but when you have to squish all that time and space into just a few hours, liberties must be taken. All these plots and timelines must be shown concurrently, or else jump between "present day," "four months ago," "two weeks ago," "present day" again, "last month" ...

Old 06-20-2016, 08:42 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,101,123 times
Good episode, but it makes me sad to think that the Stark line has ended.

1) Rickon is dead
2) Bran is the 3 eyed raven, and I don't see him getting many opportunities to father kids down the road
3) Jon... well, we all know his true parentage.

Between that and the loss of the last giant... Pretty steep price to pay for Winterfell. Who knows what will happen next week since the Frey's and Jamie were in the sneak peek, but any hold Sansa and John have is tenuous at this point. Could their collective force exceed that of the Vale's army?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:56 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,841,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post

1) Rickon is dead
2) Bran is the 3 eyed raven, and I don't see him getting many opportunities to father kids down the road

Between that and the loss of the last giant... Pretty steep price to pay for Winterfell. Who knows what will happen next week since the Frey's and Jamie were in the sneak peek, but any hold Sansa and John have is tenuous at this point. Could their collective force exceed that of the Vale's army?
What houses are pretty much extinct now?

Martells are extinct.
Baratheons are extinct (Tommen isn't one and pretty sure he will die this season).
Boltons are extinct.

Anyone else?

I think there is the possibility that the Tyrells might go extinct too. It's odd that they are completely left intact but maybe that is the irony too that they will come out unscathed when the dust settles. Next episode it will or won't happen where we see the Tyrells destroyed. Olenna might be the only survivor since she left King's Landing. Margaery, Mace and Loras are still there and Cersei might go crazy and kill two birds with one stone when she does something.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:30 AM

4,719 posts, read 6,012,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post

1) Rickon is dead

Yes - Jon is a Stark - just that Ned is not his father. If some King/Queen (Tommen, Dany, etc) decrees that he is Jon Stark of Winterfell, King in the North, then he is Jon Stark. The line has not ended.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:51 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,101,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
What houses are pretty much extinct now?

Martells are extinct.
Baratheons are extinct (Tommen isn't one and pretty sure he will die this season).
Boltons are extinct.

Anyone else?

I think there is the possibility that the Tyrells might go extinct too. It's odd that they are completely left intact but maybe that is the irony too that they will come out unscathed when the dust settles. Next episode it will or won't happen where we see the Tyrells destroyed. Olenna might be the only survivor since she left King's Landing. Margaery, Mace and Loras are still there and Cersei might go crazy and kill two birds with one stone when she does something.
Ironically, the only major house that might be left from the series premiere would be the Lannisters. Assuming Tyrion isn't killed off somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Yes - Jon is a Stark - just that Ned is not his father. If some King/Queen (Tommen, Dany, etc) decrees that he is Jon Stark of Winterfell, King in the North, then he is Jon Stark. The line has not ended.

He's not a Stark if Ned isn't his father. He may act like a Stark and still have that sense of nobility, but he wouldn't be able to carry the family name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV