Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 01:05 PM

1,762 posts, read 2,103,546 times

Advertisements

I think I'm the only one that liked Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandre's little joke moment. I know it didn't really move the story along and it was filler but it was a nice, light hearted moment in a show that often likes to rip my heart out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 01:05 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,410,241 times
I hate that the seasons are so short. I thought the season was just getting going, not that it was getting near the end. Just three episodes left?

Old 06-14-2016, 01:17 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,833,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I think I'm the only one that liked Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandre's little joke moment. I know it didn't really move the story along and it was filler but it was a nice, light hearted moment in a show that often likes to rip my heart out.
I wouldn't have minded it if there was more action or something more interesting going on the episode. With the exception of Arya's story which had some action, most of the episode was slow, so that scene didn't help.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:24 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,020,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I actually thought it moved the storyline along. It showed that Tyrion was comfortable with how he thought things were going. He was confident that his plan had worked and his way of 'celebrating' was with some wine and jokes. Just as his 'celebration' got started, it ended with the city being attacked.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I hate that the seasons are so short. I thought the season was just getting going, not that it was getting near the end. Just three episodes left?
Actually there are only two left!

Old 06-14-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I actually thought it moved the storyline along. It showed that Tyrion was comfortable with how he thought things were going. He was confident that his plan had worked and his way of 'celebrating' was with some wine and jokes. Just as his 'celebration' got started, it ended with the city being attacked.
Really? I didn't get that from it, I got that he is just bored as hell. Actually Tyrion this whole season it looks as he has been super bored in Mereen.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:33 PM

4,719 posts, read 5,981,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Network and non premium cable shows have commercials, so a one hour episode of The Walking Dead, The Strain, Arrow, The Flash, etc are 43-45 minutes in length without commercials. Game of Thrones is typically 55 minutes or more, so you get an extra 10-12 minutes each week. So, in terms of running time, it's like 12 or 13 episodes on network TV.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:58 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,793,853 times
I hate to say it but the last 2 seasons have not been very memorable except for Hardhome but almost every story line is either gutted or re-written for cost cutting purposes.

It seems every season they must have an epic battle scene so the Bastards Bowl have better not disappoint. Ramsay does seem a bit foolish to not garrison inside the keep like Roose Bolton told him to do instead he marches all of his army outside of Winterfell which will likely be his downfall of being overly confident.

Unless the producers plan on something big with the Brothers without Banners I don't want them back. I don't even care if the Hound is back unless it becomes another major contributing story.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,615,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Really? I didn't get that from it, I got that he is just bored as hell. Actually Tyrion this whole season it looks as he has been super bored in Mereen.
I'd be bored too if I were Peter Dinklage; he's had very little to do, dramatically speaking. Meanwhile, there are sex jokes from mass murderers getting screen time. (at least the Hound put a stop to that) But they couldn't be bothered to show the Blackfish's death onscreen.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I hate to say it but the last 2 seasons have not been very memorable except for Hardhome but almost every story line is either gutted or re-written for cost cutting purposes.

It seems every season they must have an epic battle scene so the Bastards Bowl have better not disappoint. Ramsay does seem a bit foolish to not garrison inside the keep like Roose Bolton told him to do instead he marches all of his army outside of Winterfell which will likely be his downfall of being overly confident.

Unless the producers plan on something big with the Brothers without Banners I don't want them back. I don't even care if the Hound is back unless it becomes another major contributing story.
I actually agree. I love the Hound, but I am finding his story to be so blah so far. It would have been more interesting if we could have reappeared in Braavos near Arya, or near the Wall or even in Mereen. Cause right now I just don't see how his story is fitting into anything.

I do agree that these past two seasons haven't been too memorable. I mean look at the Sam and Gilly story? What the heck is even going on with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV