Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,295,795 times

Advertisements

Okay this is really petty I know but Monday when they were at the beach for 4th of July they were showing Cara I think with her hermit crabs and omg that little girl has such long fingernails. Maybe it is jealousy on my part because mine aren't long but I just don't think on a little girl it is appropriate. They were pretty hyper on that show, I would go nuts it that was me.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,691,181 times
Why would long nails not be appropriate? It's not like they are painted red or she uses them as weapons? Maybe she just likes having pretty nails. God knows my mom would have killed for me to have nails like that when I was young rather than me picking them all the time. Now if Mady has those nails I would be afraid. Those would be weapons on her lol.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,543,432 times
I think there was one s
how that said that Cara likes to have long nails. Knowing Kate there I'm sure is never any dirt in under her nails.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,526,425 times
Isn't it time for the 6 to attend preschool?

Kate commented that she missed the earlier years--lots of private time with the kids. I suppose most mothers have moments like that but I would be looking forward to being 'less needed', myself.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Why would long nails not be appropriate? It's not like they are painted red or she uses them as weapons? Maybe she just likes having pretty nails. God knows my mom would have killed for me to have nails like that when I was young rather than me picking them all the time. Now if Mady has those nails I would be afraid. Those would be weapons on her lol.
Like I said it was probably just me being weird. It just happened to be my opinion and I had just noticed it Monday night. I don't happen to think that long of nails are appropriate for a child that age. Accidents happen, such at poking one of the kids or someone at school or even scratching someone else.and there will be plenty of time for long nails when she is older.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 AM

444 posts, read 1,051,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Isn't it time for the 6 to attend preschool?

Kate commented that she missed the earlier years--lots of private time with the kids. I suppose most mothers have moments like that but I would be looking forward to being 'less needed', myself.
She would have some time to rst while they were in school. They are 4 now right? It seems like they shouls be in preschool but they never mentoined it on the show?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,543,432 times
If you go back to the start of the show I don't believe the twins went. They had half day in Kindergarten. I think they go to private school. I had thought because there are 6 of them and having worked in preschool and daycare. To hire someone to come in and do a preschool program. They have the basement. THey will need to go to school and socialize with other kids besides their sibs.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM

I wonder if it will be hard on the 6 to have to associate with someone other than each other? And I wonder if Kate will put them in the same class?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,526,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I wonder if it will be hard on the 6 to have to associate with someone other than each other? And I wonder if Kate will put them in the same class?
I wonder, too. A recent segment showed them attending church/Sunday School. The 6 seemed to be together--no other children in that class--very strange IMO.

Why should they stay together and not get to know other children? I would want them to have that experience. Kate talked about how the 6 always seemed to be connected to each other and how the twins shared such a particular bond--I'm sure that is true and good but still an individual needs autonomy.

The 6 seem to do pretty well on outings and I think they need to get out of the house.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,136,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen1971 View Post
why would long nails not be appropriate? It's not like they are painted red or she uses them as weapons? Maybe she just likes having pretty nails. God knows my mom would have killed for me to have nails like that when i was young rather than me picking them all the time. Now if mady has those nails i would be afraid. Those would be weapons on her lol.
because children tend to scratch each other.

Not intentionally, but it happens so much my daycare provider cuts my 4 yr olds nails frequently even when i had just done it a week ago.

It hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV