Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Ahhhhhhh...gotcha.

Yikes...I smoked a lot of weed in college. I've been a good mom and a productive member of society. You'd have to be a Duggar to pass muster anymore.
ya, but she's only 22 - still college age.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,076 times
Jon has no character, Kate has no soul. Too bad for these kids who were brought into the world under false pretenses. It will be interesting, in the future to see how their future manifests itself.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
It's fun how everyone is attacking Jon for dating....like Jon and Kate have been living seperate lives for at least 6 to 8 months now. And only hang together for the "KIDS". Just because divorces papers were recently filed this year doesn't mean anything. There are people in this world that split only to file for divorce or never file much later. Also you have to remember that they most likely held off filing a long time ago due to TLC and their contract. So what if Jon is dating. She is over the age of 18, so what if Kate is dating or not...she too is over the age of 18 and a soon to be divorcee'. So what! Jon seems happy, Kate seems thrilled. So what does it matter? Yeah, these kids will see it..but the worst has already been done. They will soon google their names and see it all played out.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
It's fun how everyone is attacking Jon for dating....like Jon and Kate have been living seperate lives for at least 6 to 8 months now. And only hang together for the "KIDS". Just because divorces papers were recently filed this year doesn't mean anything. There are people in this world that split only to file for divorce or never file much later. Also you have to remember that they most likely held off filing a long time ago due to TLC and their contract. So what if Jon is dating. She is over the age of 18, so what if Kate is dating or not...she too is over the age of 18 and a soon to be divorcee'. So what! Jon seems happy, Kate seems thrilled. So what does it matter? Yeah, these kids will see it..but the worst has already been done. They will soon google their names and see it all played out.
I'm not attacking him for dating. I'm criticizing the way he is dating. A single father should be dating potential step-moms, not girls 10 years younger, obviously still in a very different stage of life than he is. What 22 year old would be ready to take on 8 step kids? Hailey Glassman would have been about 13 when Maddy and Cara were born. Could be worse, Iguess, bu tI just don't think he's doing the right thing.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
She quit a normal job of being a nurse to stay home with her kids at the beginning.
I find it impossible to fault her for that. Mothers naturally want to care for their children, especially when they are babies.

The bottom line is, Jon left. He abandoned his family
This is a same ol same ol common story and it is pathetic how people accept this. If Kate was the one to leave, the 'world' would have gone berserk

Once daddy is out of the house, it becomes so easy for him to distance himself more and more. Kate will resent him more and more because she has all the responsibility and worry. He gets to show up here and there all refreshed, with gifts and doesn't have to deal with the exhausting minute by minute chore of raising the children.

Of course, he was never really into that anyway and I'm sure that was so aggravating for Kate, and showed up as 'witchiness' on her part. It sucks when you discover your husband is just another one of the kids.

Jon is nothing more than a egotistical d*ck of the worst kind. He's just like A-Rod, only with no marketable talent

Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
I find it impossible to fault her for that. Mothers naturally want to care for their children, especially when they are babies.

The bottom line is, Jon left. He abandoned his family
This is a same ol same ol common story and it is pathetic how people accept this. If Kate was the one to leave, the 'world' would have gone berserk

Once daddy is out of the house, it becomes so easy for him to distance himself more and more. Kate will resent him more and more because she has all the responsibility and worry. He gets to show up here and there all refreshed, with gifts and doesn't have to deal with the exhausting minute by minute chore of raising the children.

Of course, he was never really into that anyway and I'm sure that was so aggravating for Kate, and showed up as 'witchiness' on her part. It sucks when you discover your husband is just another one of the kids.

Jon is nothing more than a egotistical d*ck of the worst kind. He's just like A-Rod, only with no marketable talent
What is it that makes you think Jon "abandoned" his family? From what I've seen, they seem to take turns with the kids. I think What Jon is doing while he is away does not make him father of the year, but I think he's attentive to the kids when it is his turn. They have said that the kids stay in the house, and J & K take turns being there with the kids. How is that Jon abandoning his family, or Jon leaving?

Old 07-15-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
What is it that makes you think Jon "abandoned" his family? From what I've seen, they seem to take turns with the kids.
take turns ? One can hardly call it taking turns, when one parent is is home or connected to home 24/7 and the other becomes a visitor.

He's checked out mentally and physically. His small involvement is only because he is guilted into it. If he had his way, he would bolt and never turn back, but the irony is, for now, he is too gutless to even do that.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
take turns ? One can hardly call it taking turns, when one parent is is home or connected to home 24/7 and the other becomes a visitor.

He's checked out mentally and physically. His small involvement is only because he is guilted into it. If he had his way, he would bolt and never turn back, but the irony is, for now, he is too gutless to even do that.
And you know this how? If you have a link to a credible source that specifies how much time each of the parents spends with the kids, please provide it.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM

What part of not living at home and only a visitor, do you not get?

He was a part of the multiple birth fiasco. If he really didn't want more children, that was the time to say NO, but he was a gutless wonder and went along to get along. Now he is walking out...aka abandoning his family. There is no punishment severe enough for the weasel, and what's really appalling, are all his enablers.

Why don't you tell me how he manages to recruit such faithful apologists.That must be some powerful Kool-Aid he passes around.

He is like one of those scary cult leaders where the clueless go to die.

Last edited by baseballgal; 07-15-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Jon coming back to states - he has 2 body guards - $702 in cash and says he can't really say much about anything because of his contract with TLC...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV