Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 PM

149 posts, read 615,685 times

Advertisements

The more I read about this train wreck, the worse I feel for the kids, especially the boys.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
If they're splitting and Jon is looking at one-bedroom apartments, he must expect to go to the house to visit his kids. There is no way 8 kids will get along in a one-bedroom apartment. Maybe he and Kate will swap houses instead of kids; she'll stay in an apartment when it's his turn to "visit" with the kids at the house.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
If they're splitting and Jon is looking at one-bedroom apartments, he must expect to go to the house to visit his kids. There is no way 8 kids will get along in a one-bedroom apartment. Maybe he and Kate will swap houses instead of kids; she'll stay in an apartment when it's his turn to "visit" with the kids at the house.
Last night I heard that TLC is wants to find an apt suitable for filming. Whether this will really be Jon's residence is a good question. I think he is already has another domicile near the house in PA.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
this deal with TLC just keeps getting worse. TLC used to be one of my channels. I may need to boycott them.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:31 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Jon is an idiot.

Did you every watch him outside of the "talking heads on the loveseat"?

Idiot.

And he's proving it more and more.

It's obvious the couple had issues shortly after they started the show. For Jon to be such a slobbering "I don't like the limelight" when he would have NO OTHER WAY TO PAY FOR HIS CHOICES (all 8 of them) is pathetic. And even more so b/c how else would he have met his little 23 year old "wholesome and good" teacher/mistress?

The man had no 20's (in years). The majority of men (don't want to hear anyones anectodalas about the mature 18 year old working his arse off to support his 3 illigitimates) are inherently immature until they hit around 30 (and that's being nice). To have 8 kids by 27? 28? I can't imagine...

He was/is the 9th kid. He's a "right fighter". Has to be right, doesn't matter what's good for anyone, he just has to be right. Then he says his "yeah, that's the way it was, Kate. Ok. You're right and I don't do/know anything".. then he clams up and rolls his eye. Passive/aggressive immature jerk and especially trashy b/c he's looking at "trump towers". That was so 80's. Talk about clueless and trying to be something he so isn't (like worldly and with a clue).
Right.
If it wasn't for the show he wouldn't have that 2 seater car, now he bought another car (BMW?) plus the freebie motorcycle? Now a small apartment in NY?

He hates the fame but sure loves the money & young women.

I think mid life crisis is right.

Anyone can say what they want about Kate but she's the mature one of the 2 parents.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Right.
If it wasn't for the show he wouldn't have that 2 seater car, now he bought another car (BMW?) plus the freebie motorcycle? Now a small apartment in NY?

He hates the fame but sure loves the money & young women.

I think mid life crisis is right.

Anyone can say what they want about Kate but she's the mature one of the 2 parents.

Yeah it is real mature to roll your eyes everytime your husband says something, not only in front of the country but also in front of your kids. You do what you will and say what you want but don't do it in front of your kids, take it behind closed doors.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
this deal with TLC just keeps getting worse. TLC used to be one of my channels. I may need to boycott them.

I don't enjoy their programming in general. Where on earth do they find the people willing to have labor and delivery filmed for public scrutiny? 'A Baby Story'--or something like that.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
[b]Yeah it is real mature to roll your eyes everytime your husband says something, not only in front of the country but also in front of your kids. You do what you will and say what you want but don't do it in front of your kids, take it behind closed doors.
Someone said that their generation is more like that & I tend to agree.
I'm not saying it's right; but it's common, at least in this part of the world.

Some of it is joking around, some not. IMO, I think there is more to it then what we see..

The marriage is over; while not an excuse, for some people it's hard to be nice to someone you've lost respect for, which is what J&K have apparently done with each other.

It's sad.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
[/b]

Yeah it is real mature to roll your eyes everytime your husband says something, not only in front of the country but also in front of your kids. You do what you will and say what you want but don't do it in front of your kids, take it behind closed doors.
You want reality tv or scripted/best behavior tv?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You want reality tv or scripted/best behavior tv?
I just want them act like nice humans and quit fighting in front of their kids. I hope they will announce it is over tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.